Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2022, 06:44 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-29-2022 at 09:51 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:16 PM   #3481
MVP

I'm not ready to even remotely throw in the towel on the guy. I really think Patrick Mahomes is a little bit off to start the season and it will get better.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:12 PM   #3482
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A little, but they also took more over a guy like Doubs who's just better and went later. I'd say Austin falls in that category as well.

Maybe a little approach error but also a straight up scouting failure. They just missed on the guy.

It happens. Onward and upward. Do your best to salvage the Moore pick but consider it a sunk cost and don't base any further decisions on having made it.
I can’t imagine Andy didn’t have input in the Moore pick and felt like he could fit in this system. If he did support the pick I wonder what he saw that made him think that Moore would work.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 10-04-2023, 06:21 PM   #3483
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I'm not ready to even remotely throw in the towel on the guy. I really think Patrick Mahomes is a little bit off to start the season and it will get better.
He hasn't made one impressive play or catch yet. A random receiver from high school could have the highlight reel he's had for the Chiefs. Looking back, even his return in the AFC Championship game wasn't even impressive because it was the only one place he could have run to. I hate on Clyde but at least he's done something on the pitch that I reckon I couldn't do myself.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:31 PM   #3484
Generational Player

My Green Bay friend said Skyy Moore is our Amari Rodgers.

Except he's getting a lot of playing time here for some reason.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:41 PM   #3485
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Which was ALL projection.

He wasn't running an advanced route tree in college. Nor was he facing complicated coverage schemes. He was mostly running curls and slants in college and doing it against vanilla looks and mediocre talents.

People presumed he could/would run advanced routes because they saw fast feet. Turns out they haven't translated apart from the jitterbug shit.

Projecting skills and traits from a guy who may have been mis-used I understand. But something like technique? I just don't get what we were thinking there. Technique needs to be demonstrated on tape and I just can't imagine he did so. Especially not based on what we've seen.

It was just an odd selection.
So obviously you expect NFL teams to do better than internet pundits. But wasn't he getting hype and I don't really remember a lot of people thinking the pick was a reach at the time.

If anything, seemed people were concerned he fell to KC.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:42 PM   #3486
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I'm remotely ready.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:03 PM   #3487
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
So obviously you expect NFL teams to do better than internet pundits. But wasn't he getting hype and I don't really remember a lot of people thinking the pick was a reach at the time.

I remember PFF grades loving like every Chiefs pick that year.

PFF can be pretty awful, but they loved McDuffie, Karlaftis, and I think Cook, Chenal, and Josh Williams too.

They also liked Skyy Moore as a late first round pick.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:09 PM   #3488
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
He hasn't made one impressive play or catch yet. A random receiver from high school could have the highlight reel he's had for the Chiefs. Looking back, even his return in the AFC Championship game wasn't even impressive because it was the only one place he could have run to. I hate on Clyde but at least he's done something on the pitch that I reckon I couldn't do myself.
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:13 PM   #3489
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post

If you didn't learn what a clown show the draft pundits were this draft season then I don't know what to say. And again, that same year we had GMs saying "nobody knows why people were saying Jermaine Johnson will go top 5. Nobody has him that high..."

One person said it and the rest of the barking seals said "this guys stock is rising".

Maybe 2 or 3 of them matter. The other ones are saying "no the Chiefs won't take this guy in the 1st but I wanted to have a conversation about him..."

They are all full of shit. Few of them actually know anything and almost all of them are openly admitting that they're moving guys up and down to curry favor and gain access.

'Draft pundits' don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:19 PM   #3490
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
If you didn't learn what a clown show the draft pundits were this draft season then I don't know what to say. And again, that same year we had GMs saying "nobody knows why people were saying Jermaine Johnson will go top 5. Nobody has him that high..."

One person said it and the rest of the barking seals said "this guys stock is rising".

Maybe 2 or 3 of them matter. The other ones are saying "no the Chiefs won't take this guy in the 1st but I wanted to have a conversation about him..."

They are all full of shit. Few of them actually know anything and almost all of them are openly admitting that they're moving guys up and down to curry favor and gain access.

'Draft pundits' don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.
Remember the reaction to the Raiders drafting Mike Mitchell in the second round?

All the draft experts were saying the Raiders could’ve signed him undrafted and that he wasn’t an NFL player.

He wasn’t great but he played a decade in the league and ended up making like $30 million during his career.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:51 AM   #3491
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post

PFF can be pretty awful, but they loved McDuffie, Karlaftis, and I think Cook, Chenal, and Josh Williams too.

They loved them all except Cook, which they saw as a reach, as did i
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:38 AM   #3492
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post

Sometimes PFF is wrong. They were also on the fence with the Rice pick basically calling him an enigma. They said he'll make the hardest contested, acrobatic catches then drop the the easiest pass. He feeds on contested balls, it's almost his preference. Different kind of cat.

Point being Rice has already flashed more in four limited games than Skyy has in over a year. It's concerning but we have to move forward. We're not stuck with Moore, we have options.

On the other hand we truly are stuck with Clyde. That sux. The guys seem to love him in the locker room so that's a plus I guess.

Last edited by ThyKingdomCome15; 10-05-2023 at 03:45 AM..
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-05-2023, 04:04 AM   #3493
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Sometimes PFF is wrong. They were also on the fence with the Rice pick basically calling him an enigma. They said he'll make the hardest contested, acrobatic catches then drop the the easiest pass. He feeds on contested balls, it's almost his preference. Different kind of cat.

Point being Rice has already flashed more in four limited games than Skyy has in over a year. It's concerning but we have to move forward. We're not stuck with Moore, we have options.

On the other hand we truly are stuck with Clyde. That sux. The guys seem to love him in the locker room so that's a plus I guess.
I don't understand the Clyde getting carries either. He's still slow as hell and he doesn't seem to be able to break many tackles or make defenders miss.

As far as Moore while I'm not ready to give up on him just yet he needs to step up within these next two games otherwise it is time to move on. I don't personally see much upside there but hopefully I'm wrong.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-05-2023, 07:50 AM   #3494
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I don't understand the Clyde getting carries either. He's still slow as hell and he doesn't seem to be able to break many tackles or make defenders miss.

As far as Moore while I'm not ready to give up on him just yet he needs to step up within these next two games otherwise it is time to move on. I don't personally see much upside there but hopefully I'm wrong.
10 is coming off of two surgeries, and 1 is old and injury prone. Clydes just filler. I bet he doesnt see 5 snaps a game come the playoffs if the other two are healthy.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:09 AM   #3495
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
10 is coming off of two surgeries, and 1 is old and injury prone. Clydes just filler. I bet he doesnt see 5 snaps a game come the playoffs if the other two are healthy.
Yup. He's filler. Clyde is rice or noodles as a side item. Doesn't bring anything to the party - he's just a low-cost option to cover some calories around the steak and asparagus.

And yeah, we gave a 1st for him but that cost is sunk. And his salary is guaranteed so cutting him doesn't get you anywhere.

So you're looking at 6-10 touches in a game that Pacheco is healthy. Is that worth cutting him and taking on another player who also counts against the cap? Is it worth giving draft pick compensation to replace him? The time spent teaching him the playbook? The risk of him not knowing a blocking assignment?

Bottom line is that MEH's role just doesn't matter enough to bother with putting resources/time towards it.

I think we move on when the contract expires because at that point you're spending NEW capital rather than just absorbing sunk capital.

Now if Pacheco gets hurt and MEH ends up a primary ballcarrier - well that'll be problematic.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote