Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #34906
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I know the salary cap & free agency have massively changed the game. But Belichick managed to put together Top 3 defenses while drafting 30th or worse every year during the Patriots dynasty. Pretty remarkable what he was able to do in that regard with the salary cap & free agency limitations of the modern game.
Oh, I agree. I was just stating the obvious: it's just a lot harder to do today than it was back then.

Nevermind that KC is just not going to have the resources to build a consistent top-3 defense because Mahomes. And that Belichick is the best defensive mind the NFL may have ever seen. I admire and respect Spags a ton, but he isn't Bill. No one is.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:49 PM   #34907
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Oh, I agree. I was just stating the obvious: it's just a lot harder to do today than it was back then.

Nevermind that KC is just not going to have the resources to build a consistent top-3 defense because Mahomes. And that Belichick is the best defensive mind the NFL may have ever seen. I admire and respect Spags a ton, but he isn't Bill. No one is.
Belichick is a phenomenal coach and pretty damn great as a GM, at least on the defensive side of the ball. It's insane how he squeezes really good defensive production out of lowly paid, unheralded players.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:52 PM   #34908
Generational Player

Quote:
Belichick is a phenomenal coach and pretty damn great as a GM, at least on the defensive side of the ball. It's insane how he squeezes really good defensive production out of lowly paid, unheralded players.
Belichick is a terrible college evaluator but maybe the best in the NFL at evaluating people already in the NFL.

Once he sees you in the NFL he knows how he can use you.

I suspect that his lack of success at college evaluation is based on time. He just doesn't have the time to do that well too and watch all the NFL film he does.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:53 PM   #34909
Hockey Town

Quote:
He would have made it easier on himself if he'd stop drafting bums with high picks.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #34910
I’m a Mahomo!

QB’s NFL record first 80 games:

Kenny Stabler 60-19-1
Tom Brady 60-20
(Patrick Mahomes 58-15)
Danny White 57-23
Philip Rivers 55-25
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #34911
Three-Pat

Quote:
I know the salary cap & free agency have massively changed the game. But Belichick managed to put together Top 3 defenses while drafting 30th or worse every year during the Patriots dynasty. Pretty remarkable what he was able to do in that regard with the salary cap & free agency limitations of the modern game.
Belechick is a douche and cheater, but at the same time he is one of the best defensive minds of all time. His game plan against the greatest show on turf and even the 2018 Rams was brilliant. He is as much responsible for NE’s 6 rings as Brady if not more responsible. His only Kryptonite was Reid.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 11-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #34912
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post

Kenny Stabler 60-19-1
Tom Brady 60-20
(Patrick Mahomes 58-15)
Danny White 57-23
Philip Rivers 55-25
Barring something major happening he will easily beat Stabler’s record.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 11-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #34913
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post

Kenny Stabler 60-19-1
Tom Brady 60-20
(Patrick Mahomes 58-15)
Danny White 57-23
Philip Rivers 55-25
2 more wins and it’s 80%. Not too shabby, especially when the Chiefs defense is nowhere near as good as the 1970’s Raiders or 2000’s Patriots.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #34914
Andy Reid Supporter

This game was a pretty resounding point that there’s a gap between Patrick and the 2nd best QB in the league.

The guy didn’t have Tyreek, no Juju, no Hardman, Toney barely played. It was literally like a preseason game at WR.

And yet he was killing them. I know Kelce is a HOF but he’s one player. They were taking him away on quite a few plays in the first half and he still torched then with Fortson, Gray, Skyy and Watson.

Josh Allen can’t do that
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #34915
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
He would have made it easier on himself if he'd stop drafting bums with high picks.
He cheats so that's how he got over that problem
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:01 PM   #34916
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This game was a pretty resounding point that there’s a gap between Patrick and the 2nd best QB in the league.

The guy didn’t have Tyreek, no Juju, no Hardman, Toney barely played. It was literally like a preseason game at WR.

And yet he was killing them. I know Kelce is a HOF but he’s one player. They were taking him away on quite a few plays in the first half and he still torched then with Fortson, Gray, Skyy and Watson.

Josh Allen can’t do that
Take away Diggs and Allen is back in 2019.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #34917
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Take away Diggs and Allen is back in 2019.
There was a bit of a discussion about this earlier today. If you take away Diggs, Josh, in a small sample size, shrinks to pre-2020 levels.

But Hill wasn't ever really Mahomes 1; Kelce has always been the 1.

So take away Kelce, and what happens to mahomes?

I think an easier way to think about it might be to just put both of them on the Jets with their weapons. Now which QB succeeds (makes it further in the season?) and which doesn't?

My money would be on Mahomes, but I may be a tad biased.

Bottom line, I think Josh needs Diggs more than Mahomes needs Kelce.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #34918
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
There was a bit of a discussion about this earlier today. If you take away Diggs, Josh, in a small sample size, shrinks to pre-2020 levels.

But Hill wasn't ever really Mahomes 1; Kelce has always been the 1.

So take away Kelce, and what happens to mahomes?

I think an easier way to think about it might be to just put both of them on the Jets with their weapons. Now which QB succeeds (makes it further in the season?) and which doesn't?

My money would be on Mahomes, but I may be a tad biased.

Bottom line, I think Josh needs Diggs more than Mahomes needs Kelce.
Heck, there was a report that the Chiefs coaches believed Tyreek was preventing growth for Mahomes because he kept trying to force the ball to Tyreek instead of throwing to someone else who might be more open.

I think there is still some of that going on with Mahomes & Kelce as well. Patrick said in the press conference Sunday evening that he tries to go through reads in the right way, but he abandons that process when he notices Man coverage on Kelce. I tend to think Josh Allen probably has the same issue with Stefon Diggs as well. Even a very experienced Aaron Rodgers was guilty of this with Devante Adams.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:00 PM   #34919
You gotta kill a few people

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

100% I feel that's an "issue" for Mahomes. Kelce is his security blanket.

He ate a sack late in the Bills game from Von Miller because he was staring down Kelce waiting for him to get open. I noticed a couple plays against the Chargers he went to Kelce before he was even looking for the ball as well.

It's hard to be upset because good things generally happen when those two connect. I just hope it doesn't become an issue at any point in the postseason.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:15 AM   #34920
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.