Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #34906
Veteran

I'm hopeful that a vaccine will be found for this novel strain of the Corona Virus. Scientists around the world have been studying them for years and I believe it will happen sooner rather than later. From the limited information that I have, my opinion is that there are no vaccines for them because it's not worth spending the money as they simply cause colds and aren't usually fatal. Companies can make more money selling treatments rather than cures.

I don't like wearing a mask, not being able to go out to dinner and a movie, being separated from my friends and working from home however, I have to place faith in the people that know more about these things and believe that they have our best interests in mind.

After all, even the experts are just human.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #34907
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
The IHME model may very well be right, but to this point its track record hasn't been all that impressive.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #34908
Supporter

Numbers came in good today. I am not freaking out about the "new cases" as there is a lot more testing going on and we have heard this whole time more testing will expose more cases so we can't freak out when what we said you happen happens.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:22 AM   #34909

Kind of wild to watch ESPN 2 right now. The first live rugby match in New Zealand with a crowd full of people. They haven't had a new case of the virus in 22 days.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:01 AM   #34910
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Kind of wild to watch ESPN 2 right now. The first live rugby match in New Zealand with a crowd full of people. They haven't had a new case of the virus in 22 days.
I'm at a sports bar and this is on. I have no idea what's going on. But it should be more popular.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:06 AM   #34911
I love your mom

Canadian expert says he is confident COVID-19 vaccine is months away not years.

article does say many, many months which is pretty vague still.

https://www.cp24.com/news/canadian-e...away-1.4982250
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #34912
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I'm at a sports bar and this is on. I have no idea what's going on. But it should be more popular.

guess what when they get a touch down they actually have to touchdown the ball. What a idea!~
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:28 AM   #34913
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
The IHME model may very well be right, but to this point its track record hasn't been all that impressive.
Isn't that the one that predicted 100,000 to 240,000 deaths with mitigation efforts?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #34914
Life is changing..

Saw an article today where Harvard scientist's believe we'll hit 200k deaths by September.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:50 PM   #34915
Sexiest Athlete

Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:28 PM   #34916
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
I wonder how much of this has to do with increased testing?

Idk man, I kinda feel like we're in the eye of the hurricane right now. I'm worried things are going to get really bad this fall/winter.

At this point, who really knows though.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:37 AM   #34917
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
I wonder how much of this has to do with increased testing?

Idk man, I kinda feel like we're in the eye of the hurricane right now. I'm worried things are going to get really bad this fall/winter.

At this point, who really knows though.
Some of it is attributable to that, but not all. The percent positive numbers are going up in many states, and numerous areas are seeing their highest levels of hospitalization yet, with bed availability starting to dwindle.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #34918
Hockey Town

Basically what you're seeing is the overall number doesn't look like it's increasing as much because NY is doing better, however on just places in general we are probably as bad as we've ever been because it's reaching the rest of the country much more severely now.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #34919
Supporter

I am not saying there isn't an increase in cases but at least according to Worldometers we re where we have been since May and maybe even slightly below for daily new cases
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dailynew.png
Views:	382
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	120652  
Old 06-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #34920
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Basically what you're seeing is the overall number doesn't look like it's increasing as much because NY is doing better, however on just places in general we are probably as bad as we've ever been because it's reaching the rest of the country much more severely now.
Let's hold back on the phrase "much more severely" a touch. That might be the case in some specific areas but what I read over the weekend is that a lot of the new cases are largely asymptomatic and a lot of areas are not getting hit so "the rest of the country" is a bit broad.