Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #34636
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm sure it'll get figured out the more time we have to study it. I can't imagine it was here in December or earlier atleast with community spread happening. We'd have noticed.
That being said if it was here in Jan, it was spreading in China no later than early November.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #34637
MVP

Quote:
Cases in Texas are rising fast no?
Yes, but some of the significant increases were due to testing at meat packing plants and state prisons.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #34638
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Yes, but some of the significant increases were due to testing at meat packing plants and state prisons.
I was wondering about that. Hadn't really read into it yet.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #34639
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yes more testing but a severe increase in people needing hospitalizations is the concern. Increase in cases means pretty little outside of AZ finally testing like it should. And yes, all SNFs having every resident tested currently is large increase in numbers.

Hospitals opening up additional COVID wings that haven’t yet been used. Banner Hospital network trending to 125% COVID capacity.
I read an article somewhere recently that alot of the southern cali cases are actually coming across from Mexico. Is that happening there?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #34640
MVP

Quote:
I read an article somewhere recently that alot of the southern cali cases are actually coming across from Mexico. Is that happening there?
I haven't heard that about Texas. I'd have to go look
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #34641
Mod Team

Quote:
Not the case here.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #34642
MVP

Quote:
Had lunch yesterday with a latino friend of mine. He says Tijuana is absolutely pummeled with covid cases. Cabo San Lucas and other resort places not so much. But if Tijuana is crushed with it.....makes sense if socal is directly affected by that
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #34643
In Search of a Life

Well, I'd like to see the research behind this.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #34644
Diablo Negro

Quote:

Does anyone still question why people have a hard time believing a damn thing they are told about Covid and question the so called experts?

I had actually read this theory early on and then we got bombarded with all these asymptomatic super spreaders stories etc...
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #34645
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Does anyone still question why people have a hard time believing a damn thing they are told about Covid and question the so called experts?

I had actually read this theory early on and then we got bombarded with all these asymptomatic super spreaders stories etc...
While true, the issue they've had is that in these types of things, sometimes just saying "we don't know yet" is ok.

The media hasn't helped at all for sure by printing and running pre prints and such.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #34646
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
What I want to know is who provided that leaked White House memo that showed 3000 deaths per day in early June.
Who cares. This was a bunch of overblown bullshit from the start.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #34647
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:

I mean I believe it, look at the numbers of confirmed cases.

While it has gone up, we are 6 months into the spread of this virus, and confirmed cases are at 6 Million?

If it mutated to become less contagious maybe, or maybe it wasn't as contagious as first thought.

The world should be well over 10 million confirmed cases by now.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #34648
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post

While it has gone up, we are 6 months into the spread of this virus, and confirmed cases are at 6 Million?

If it mutated to become less contagious maybe, or maybe it wasn't as contagious as first thought.

It's almost like global mitigation efforts worked.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #34649
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post

I'm seeing Brazil and India climbing the charts, and I wonder how comprehensive their reporting is. Is Brazil getting full numbers from the slums? And how is India counting cases in all those little stone age villages and street populations? Maybe they're doing great, but I bet those two countries, and India in particular, have a very incomplete view.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #34650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

It's really not rocket science. In the long game, this is still the very early days and there's a lot we don't know about this virus.

That's why people dealing with absolutes is stupid. You don't know all the answers to this thing, and neither do I or anyone else. We are going to learn more about how it behaves the longer we get to see it behave and study it. We still have no idea about any long term effects or damage, how long you're immune to it once you've recovered, etc. It's going to be a lot easier to figure out patterns when you've got million of cases to look at and not just in one single country.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote