Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 PM  
MVP

Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed

The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:10 AM   #331
The Priest and I

Flew in from Denver to KC for the draft. Must say the new airport is very nice. Easy in and out with quite a lot of cool bars/restaurants. Trent McDuffie was on my United flight headed back to Denver yesterday as well. Was cool to chat/meet him for a moment.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:21 AM   #332
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

It's not rocket surgery.
Surgery on a rocket does seem like it would be particularly complex.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:22 AM   #333
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Not sure why you keep drawing such weird conclusions.

People arrive far too early for flights all the time. Now there are food options very close to the gate. People like food and will even pay terrible prices for it.

It's not rocket surgery.
Getting an overpriced bloody mary when leaving for vacation is a tradition I strangely enjoy.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:24 AM   #334
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Getting an overpriced bloody mary when leaving for vacation is a tradition I strangely enjoy.

Getting a lounge membership solidified that one for me. Now the bloody marys are free!

(But let's not talk about the annual fees on the credit card that I use to gain that freedom.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:35 AM   #335
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That overpriced Bloody Mary doubled in price.
SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.SPchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:39 AM   #336
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Yeah, that became a thing after I moved from KC.... flying out of KC, it never felt like vacation started until you got to your destination.

Flying out of other airports though, you spend that 30+ minutes relaxing with a drink and/or snack, as opposed to standing at the gate staring at the stranger across from you.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:40 AM   #337
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Surgery on a rocket does seem like it would be particularly complex.
(insert breaking apart in midair copypasta)
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:18 AM   #338
Forever Royal

I always look forward to the layover after departing KC and getting a meal at that airport as that feels like the vacation has officially started. I suspect the information is out there but I hypothesize that a large portion of flights leaving KC depart early when compared to other airports. Seems logical given so many destinations from KC require a stop and layover somewhere. The effect to me seems that you have less people arriving around lunch time than other airports so not as many locals have the opportunity to arrive early and eat.

For example, people going to Florida or California from KC are probably departing before 10 at a large rate, (maybe 80%?) just based on what I see when looking at flight times available. But a huge hub like Charlotte seems they would have tons of flights for those leaving to California/west coast all morning with tons heading to Florida/east coast all afternoon.

For this I can see how restaurants wouldn’t get as many locals eating there prior to departing like some other places.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:46 AM   #339
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRR View Post
Flew in from Denver to KC for the draft. Must say the new airport is very nice. Easy in and out with quite a lot of cool bars/restaurants. Trent McDuffie was on my United flight headed back to Denver yesterday as well. Was cool to chat/meet him for a moment.
Did you get a picture with him?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:49 AM   #340
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Definitely some weird conspiracy theories regarding Denvers airport
Relevant article came across my NYT feed this morning. It's always hilarious to see all the crazy theories.

A Towering, Terrifying Demon Horse Isn’t Even the Weirdest Part
https://nyti.ms/42al7Da
Old 04-30-2023, 11:57 AM   #341
best in the biz

"The temperature today at the Airport is 67 degrees, which I think is really stupid man, because nobody lives at the Airport"
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 12:39 PM   #342
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
You have an apt avatar photo.

A choker at golf.

And you choking on the cocks.

Go to bed Manke

A choker at golf? Forgot I even had an avatar. Dude’s a 3 time major winner. But again, intelligence was never your strong suit.

That low self esteem from Mom and Dad just causes all that repressed homosexuality to come out for you, eh Scurv?
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 04-30-2023, 02:58 PM   #343
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I'm glad to hear they had the traffic jam issue solved for at least the Draft week/weekend. Let's hope they keep doing whatever they did and don't just drop it because we're not on the national stage after the Draft.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2023, 04:31 PM   #344
When a nightmare becomes real

The gender neutral bathrooms are the best - the stalls are plentiful and go all the way to the ground. And they have a video board that indicates the number of stalls that are currently open!
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:06 PM   #345
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
The gender neutral bathrooms are the best - the stalls are plentiful and go all the way to the ground. And they have a video board that indicates the number of stalls that are currently open!
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.