Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2015, 10:05 AM  
Kindness in words...

Brain Tumor

So, that shit is fun.

Started having some really cool and powerful deja-vu at work on Tuesday, then a strong ominous feeling set in and then started seeing small, flashing rainbow colored lights under the brim of my hat. Figured that it was either a premonition about an earthquake (like animals get) as Salt Lake City sits on a fault line, either that or I was hitting a major fatigue wall as I had been working long hours and had been hitting the gym pretty hard while not getting as much sleep as required in addition to cutting carbs from the diet. Anyway, I got a little freaked out, went to the bakery, grabbed a croissant and detoured it and everything kinda went back to normal.

Later on, started getting the deja-vu again (and it was super good shit - like I was seeing the future and shit - and it even had a soundtrack going along with it), and that's about all I can remember. Apparently I turned to the guy next to me, said something about tripping my balls off massively and told him I was going to puke, then my eyes rolled back into my head and I passed out and hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

Came to with the EMT dude holding a ice pack to the back of my mellon on a huge goose egg. They were going to call an ambulance to take me to the ER and I told them it was nothing and I was fine. Fortunately the HR guy was standing there and convinced me to go to the ER. When I got there they did a CT scan to check for concussion probabilities.

Dude came back into the room with the radiologist and said "Um, bad news. There is a mass in the right side of your brain and we want to do an MRI for more detail."

"Well, shit."

So they did that and sure enough, there is a golf ball sized mass sitting there with a bunch of fluid around it. Nuerosurgeon (chief resident who looks like he's 17, comes in and says that they want to schedule surgery on Friday morning. Okies.

So, I'm sitting here in the Neurology wing of the University of Utah hospital (which is highly regarded) worrying about these guys going to the Utah/Michigan game tonight and coming back into surgery tomorrow hungover as shit.

Bonus is, I've had two really hot nurses in a row the past two nights. Tried to convince both to give me a leisure massage and body shampoo, but they didn't go for it though I had a girl from work come by last night to visit who wanted to give me a hummer.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty fortunate that shit went down the way it did, because I most likely would have blown it off for ever until it became really bad. (Although, I am going to ask them if it's benign if they can just keep it in there because I was digging the deja-vu bordering on omnipotence.)

Also I hear that the chief neurosurgeon is totally old school and I think I saw him sharpening his hacksaw on a rusty pipe outside and telling the nurse that she should find his favorite spoon.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:16 PM   #331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
To be realistic, you don't beat brain cancer. Especially this kind. They can extend you a bit with treatment, but my life span got significantly reduced with the development of this. And the initial diagnosis, after surgery where they removed the main meatwad, was Stage 4, which, as I understand, is not on the "good" end of the scale that has only four stages on it.

I'm not fatalistic by any means, but this is some pretty nasty stuff.

We'll just do what the docs say and see what they come up with to help pump the brakes on this shit, but, to be honest, I'm pretty much a walking organ donor at this point. Actually, I'm not even sure that they can use my organs due to the cancer deal. Might have to ask the doc what the deal is with that. That would be tragic if I couldn't donate as most of my organs seem to be in pretty good shape.
I have wondered the same and also about donating blood. I hate needles, so I won't volunteer, but I am curious if my cancer and the chemo in particular makes it so my blood is no good for anyone else or even dangerous.
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:25 PM   #332
Banned

im not in your shoes, but recently my mom helped me go through her death from cancer.
you are not even close to my mom, quite possible you are the wrong sex. she got it, you got it, and ill bitch bitch at you. do you got someone better closer?
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:33 PM   #333
Now you've pissed me off!

This is a semi-educated guess, but I don't believe the chemo should affect your ability to donate blood in reality (there probably isn't a real medical risk to the recipient, given your diagnosis), but I don't believe that you can donate blood while being actively treated, and there are additional restrictions depending on the type of malignancy (for example, you have to be clear much longer if you had leukemia).

The chemo you are on wouldn't affect your blood, but you don't want to donate because I'd bet you're likely to become anemic, as all of your fastest-growing cells are having a methyl group stuck on one of the four DNA bases, which effectively stops them in their tracks, meaning that your marrow is likely to take a pounding (along with the cancer, and, sadly, your balls).

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 10-21-2015 at 12:11 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 AM   #334
Just here for the Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
Hmmmm not sure he wants THOSE kinda prayers
Mormon prayers have been clinically proven to be the most effective, asshole.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:44 AM   #335
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
Mormon prayers have been clinically proven to be the most effective, asshole.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #336
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Actually, I'm not even sure that they can use my organs due to the cancer deal. Might have to ask the doc what the deal is with that. That would be tragic if I couldn't donate as most of my organs seem to be in pretty good shape.
How big's your penis? If it's more than 6" I've got dibs. I need all the help I can get.

Oh, yeah, and the obligatory "cancer sucks". My dad keeps dodging it with radiation but it got my mom this past April, and I've lost many a relative to it.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:36 AM   #337
Supporter

Quote:
Good radiation today!

No weird sensations, but got a nose full of the acrid, smoke smell.

Nothing like getting a whiff of your own brain cooking.

Awesome shit.
Wow, hang in there man. Not sure how I have missed this thread before but prayers and good thoughts coming your way!
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #338
Reset

WOW Thoughts and prayers dude.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #339
Kindness in words...

Head is starting to become "chaffed" from the radiation. Hot spots that I am beginning to notice. They don't nuke on the weekends, so I'll have two days off from that shit after tomorrow mornings session. (Which isn't all that bad - about three minutes under the Beam Master SLX on days they aren't taking images.)

However, my foot is now kinda messed up. I think I pulled/stretched a ligament in my left one long boarding tonight. Been practicing over in the church parking lot after work to get the feel of the board back underneath me, which is feeling good other than when my push/left foot kinda went "doink!" tonight. Have ice on it now. Hopefully it isn't too bad. A little sick of doctors poking at me at this point.

Board pics!

Well shit...CP is not uploading the pics from my computer. Anyone?

Last edited by Saccopoo; 10-22-2015 at 09:19 PM..
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #340
Supporter

Quote:
Head is starting to become "chaffed" from the radiation. Hot spots that I am beginning to notice. They don't nuke on the weekends, so I'll have two days off from that shit after tomorrow mornings session. (Which isn't all that bad - about three minutes under the Beam Master SLX on days they aren't taking images.)

However, my foot is now kinda messed up. I think I pulled/stretched a ligament in my left one long boarding tonight. Been practicing over in the church parking lot after work to get the feel of the board back underneath me, which is feeling good other than when my push/left foot kinda went "doink!" tonight. Have ice on it now. Hopefully it isn't too bad. A little sick of doctors poking at me at this point.

Board pics!

Be sure to take Aloe Vera pills to protect your stomach and innards. I know there isn't "solid science" behind it but everyone I've known to have radiation therapy say they help.

And they're cheap on Amazon, too. Good luck!
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #341
Banned

Quote:

Board pics!

You can upload to Imgur.com then post the pic url(s)
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #342
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
You can upload to Imgur.com then post the pic url(s)
Alright...let's see if that works:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #343
Supporter

Can you lotion the dome or will it jack up the nuclear attack?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #344
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Aloe Vera lotion is the best remedy for radiation burns to date, as far as I know.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #345
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The nurse said that a good quality lotion with no perfumes or dyes is just fine - in fact, she recommended that I use something once it starts becoming irritated - just apply it several hours before the nuking at least so that you don't have a vaseline slick up there when they hit you with the nukes.

However, because I love burning myself all the time and know how good it feels on regular burns, I think I'll go with Dane's suggestion of an aloe vera type deal. Sounds acceptable.