Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM   #3361
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - commits don’t mean a thing until pen is put to paper.

And even ‘flipped him’ is a bit of a misnomer. Someone threw a better NIL deal at him.

I still think college football is just kinda gross these days.
It probably is worse, but not significantly moreso than in the past. No one wants to see the sausage get made. This is but a more open example of Eric Dickerson's Trans Am.

It's still off-putting.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #3362

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Yeah, there was definitely an issue before and they tried to fix it but they've went from one extreme to another.
I wonder how enforceable a non-compete would be since these guys are signing NIL deals now.

If a player signs an NIL deal and decides to terminate it, they are ineligible for NIL for one season.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #3363
Prestige Worldwide

I am currently designing the new endzone addition. Neat stuff happening.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #3364
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It probably is worse, but not significantly moreso than in the past. No one wants to see the sausage get made. This is but a more open example of Eric Dickerson's Trans Am.

It's still off-putting.
And at least when you bought Dickerson a Trans Am it got you three years in the system.

Every year is a new Free Agent period for the entire football team these days. I just don't know how you're doing anything but rooting for laundry at that point.

But for my affiliation with the University (went to school here, grandparents taught here for about 80 years between them, wife works for them) I just don't know that I'd care at all.

I don't understand how T-Shirt fans still exist at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #3365
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
I am currently designing the new endzone addition. Neat stuff happening.
You personally? I have several ideas!!!!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #3366
MVP

Quote:
I wonder how enforceable a non-compete would be since these guys are signing NIL deals now.

If a player signs an NIL deal and decides to terminate it, they are ineligible for NIL for one season.
I don't think it's enforceable, especially now considering the FTC basically did away with them. They really need an actual regulatory board for college athletics that sets a standard across all college sports.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #3367
Starter

It’s a loss, but I’m not sure there’s a better WR room in the country than can absorb this as Mizzou’s. I’m bullish on Marquis Johnson. I think he’s the best receiver in the country that doesn’t have a potato chip line named after him.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #3368

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And at least when you bought Dickerson a Trans Am it got you three years in the system.

Every year is a new Free Agent period for the entire football team these days. I just don't know how you're doing anything but rooting for laundry at that point.

But for my affiliation with the University (went to school here, grandparents taught here for about 80 years between them, wife works for them) I just don't know that I'd care at all.

I don't understand how T-Shirt fans still exist at all.
In the case of Dickerson you didn't, because SMU just gave him more than aTm, and he kept the car.

I agree with what you're saying though. It reminds me of a line from Mass Effect 3 of all things. When the protagonist asks why he's been chosen for the mission, his commanding officer tells him, "You can pay a soldier to fire a gun, you can pay him to take a hill, but you can't pay him to believe." That's what the open system of payment and athletes as employees has laid bare-a transactional relationship where the players are mercenaries not part of the campus. You can pay a guy like this kid, but you can't pay him to rep the school the way Sean Weatherspoon did.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #3369
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
In the case of Dickerson you didn't, because SMU just gave him more than aTm, and he kept the car.

I agree with what you're saying though. It reminds me of a line from Mass Effect 3 of all things. When the protagonist asks why he's been chosen for the mission, his commanding officer tells him, "You can pay a soldier to fire a gun, you can pay him to take a hill, but you can't pay him to believe." That's what the open system of payment and athletes as employees has laid bare-a transactional relationship where the players are mercenaries not part of the campus. You can pay a guy like this kid, but you can't pay him to rep the school the way Sean Weatherspoon did.
It's why you love a guy like Darius Robinson. I'm sure he got a few bucks at some point, but he was a Tiger.

And Ennis Rakestraw -- same story.

And...{sigh}...Brady Cook. Kid's gonna be a 5 year player and 3 year starter who's probably going to throw for 10,000 yards as a Tiger. He'll be comfortably 3rd all time in passing yards for the program.

But I worry we'll get fewer and fewer of those guys. And hey, a TON of credit to Luther Burden. He's gonna give us 3 years and go in the 1st round, which is all you could ever ask. And Theo Wease, who didn't start here but was a huge mentor for the young WRs and is coming back for 2024. Mookie's never quite broken out the way I expected but he's gonna play 4 seasons here.

The current Mizzou squad has quite a few guys that seem to love the program. The new NIL laws in Missouri help us get guys in the door out of HS, but once they're here we're on the same footing as anyone else. And Drink deserves a bunch of credit for apparently having these guys really buy into the program.

My next "trueson" candidate is gonna be Brett Norfleet. I think he's a guy the fans are going to love and he's gonna be here for the duration.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #3370
For The Glory Of The City

Oh boy.

|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #3371
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
Oh boy.

Holy hell, that's an extremely nice catch, but that pass was perfect. You can't throw that better than he did right there. That was damn good coverage too.

I'm so excited for Chiefs and Mizzou football! I'm tempering my expectations on Mizzou though lol. Mizzou is probably the most cursed school in college and would hate to get my hopes too high just to have them crushed.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #3372
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Holy hell, that's an extremely nice catch, but that pass was perfect. You can't throw that better than he did right there. That was damn good coverage too.

I'm so excited for Chiefs and Mizzou football! I'm tempering my expectations on Mizzou though lol. Mizzou is probably the most cursed school in college and would hate to get my hopes too high just to have them crushed.
I was so focused on that catch, but you're absolutely right.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.