Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #3331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That's revisionist history. I was 14 years old when The Empire Strikes Back was released and I didn't know of a single person that didn't absolutely love that film.

It's still my favorite in the series to this day.
Internet chat rooms didn't exist back then. I could say the exact same thing about TLJ, and did say it earlier in this thread. No one I know, family, friends, at work, anyone... didn't like this movie. Some loved it, some liked it, no one disliked it. Only online have I seen the backlash.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #3332
Veteran

Quote:

Speculation, based on your feelings on the film.

More speculations, based on your feelings of the film.
Yes it is... it's a discussion chat room.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #3333
Veteran

Quote:
RINGLEADER and I have already pointed out that it's a massive "plot hole".

If a ship can hyperspace into a large ship or space station and destroy it, why is there an ongoing war? Hyperspace drones could quickly and easily destroy said space craft or planet killer, thus wiping out the need for Star Wars movies.

Major: "Sir, we've detected a massive object the size of a small moon that could destroy this planet"

General: "Send in the Hyperspace Drones and destroy it".

Major: "General, massive object destroyed".

General: "Awesome opossum".

End credits.
You've missed my point....
Old 01-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #3334
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by temper11 View Post
No one I know, family, friends, at work, anyone... didn't like this movie. Some loved it, some liked it, no one disliked it. Only online have I seen the backlash.
You said that before. There's simply no way that's true, if any remotely reasonable number of people are involved.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #3335
Supporter

Quote:
Only online have I seen the backlash.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #3336
Supporter

Quote:
You've missed my point....
You don't have a point
Old 01-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #3337
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
You said that before. There's simply no way that's true, if any remotely reasonable number of people are involved.
It is true. My family, all of which has seen the movie, include my folks, my brothers and their wives and kids, my sister an her husband, myself and my wife and kids. Varying levels of fandom in there, but all liked it to loved it. Friends include my really good friends (5 dudes) and then a smattering of soccer and softball dads and moms, and then coworkers - about 15 or so that I've talked to about it. Again, all varying degrees of fandom, some very casual, some star wars tshirt everyday wearing geeks, including a guy that works on Star Wars video games, liked it to loved it.

So, I don't know if you consider that a "remotely reasonable" number, but it does surprise me that there is so much backlash online when I see no evidence of that backlash in person.

Dane is suggesting the same experience with Empire, and based on my experience here, I have no reason to doubt him.

I am also not doubting that the backlash online is real. I just know as with most things, people do not tend to speak out on something unless they are angry or disgruntled about it. I think that might be why the opinion online is so one-sided.

Last edited by temper11; 01-12-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #3338
Veteran

Quote:
RINGLEADER and I have already pointed out that it's a massive "plot hole".

If a ship can hyperspace into a large ship or space station and destroy it, why is there an ongoing war? Hyperspace drones could quickly and easily destroy said space craft or planet killer, thus wiping out the need for Star Wars movies.
You have just described a plot hole that I myself agree with. This is not the same as calling the lack of a short-distance hyper jump a plot whole. The fact that the FO didn't hyper jump to a point just infront of the retreating rebel fleet, to me, is not a plot hole. It has never been established that short jumps are possible. Holdo's suicide jump was, I assume, a course that would go through the FO fleet, not end at the FO fleet.

Last edited by temper11; 01-12-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #3339
Veteran

Quote:
Why are you laughing at this? You yourself had a similar experience with ESB.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #3340
Supporter

Quote:
Why are you laughing at this? You yourself had a similar experience with ESB.
I'm "laughing" because it's pretty clear that the public doesn't care for this film, either, as it'll earn just a few hundred million more than Rogue One, which was a standalone film without any superstar actors or known characters, while earning $700 million less than its predecessor.

That's proof enough that people aren't seeing it multiple times and the only reason it opened so big is due to name only.

Once word of mouth hit the streets, the film has plummeted.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #3341
Veteran

Quote:
I'm "laughing" because it's pretty clear that the public doesn't care for this film, either, as it'll earn just a few hundred million more than Rogue One, which was a standalone film without any superstar actors or known characters, while earning $700 million less than its predecessor.

That's proof enough that people aren't seeing it multiple times and the only reason it opened so big is due to name only.

Once word of mouth hit the streets, the film has plummeted.
Ok... this still seems similar to the way in which ESB didn't enjoy the same long run that ANH did... possibly because of word of mouth as many have claimed. And despite a larger production budget of nearly 7 million bucks, brought in around 70 million less in box office revenue.

And yet is widely considered today to be the best of the original trilogy.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #3342
I'll be back.

Quote:
people aren't seeing it multiple time
I've heard even it's most ardent haters are seeing it multiple times.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #3343
Veteran

Quote:
That's revisionist history. I was 14 years old when The Empire Strikes Back was released and I didn't know of a single person that didn't absolutely love that film.

It's still my favorite in the series to this day.

Speculation, based on your feelings on the film.

More speculations, based on your feelings of the film.
- Okay. Well I don't know anyone who was alive who didn't hate it before they loved it. So if it's revisionist history it's the internet's revisionist history. Like I said, I was too young to remember it.

- Exactly. I thought I made that clear.
- Again, very true. I never pretend otherwise. That's why I worded my post with a lot of "I think" statements. I have no idea what's going to happen.

I'm just basing this on my own experiences. For example, I post on a Pearl Jam message board and it's amazing how every album from Binaural on has been a "complete disaster" and the "worst thing PJ has ever done" until the next one comes out.

My feelings aside, sometimes it's difficult for the most recent part of a franchise or saga or brand to bear the burden of the entire catalog. Sometimes perceptions changes with the new installment. Will that happen with TLJ? Who's to say? Maybe it will or maybe it won't. But like I said before -- I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if it did.
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #3344
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I've heard even it's most ardent haters are seeing it multiple times.
If true, it's even a bigger failure because the numbers are sooooooo low.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #3345
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn View Post
- Okay. Well I don't know anyone who was alive who didn't hate it before they loved it. So if it's revisionist history it's the internet's revisionist history. Like I said, I was too young to remember it
Wait a second: You're telling me that your friends and family initially "hated" The Empire Strikes Back? What?

Also, while Empire didn't gross as much as the original film or Return of the Jedi, it did put up huge numbers, more so than ROTJ, when it was re-released a few times.