Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:20 PM   #316
Mod Team

I used to think middle age was 40.

As I approach 40 I now think it's 50.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:24 PM   #317
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

That's the spirit!
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:44 PM   #318
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I do not wish to admit it, but I qualify for this thread.

I'm recovering from shingles. I'm 53, which I didn't consider old before this. Also, I've had the shingles vaccine.* I went to the doc shortly after turning 50 and was told that I needed to take the vaccine. Turns out the shingles vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting shingles. It just means that if you do get it, then it's not as bad. If this is 'not as bad,' I don't want to see bad. I've got so many shingles I half expect to be nailed to a roof.

I remember when I was about 18 I had to go help an older couple who were in our church. They needed something done at the house, moving some furniture or something. They were in their late 70s. Anyway, the wife had shingles and the husband told me to call before coming over because his wife had shingles. I asked my dad about it and, this being pre-vaccine, he said that people with shingles frequently don't wear many clothes because it is quite painful. From that, I took away that shingles was an old person's disease and that I didn't want it. And I realize that my dad was right. This is really miserable and I don't wish it on anyone.

So, now I have shingles like an old fart.

As one friend of mine said a few years ago on a fishing trip, "This getting old shit is getting old."

* this is NOT DC and I'm not discussing any other vaccine. Nor should you in this thread.
My late Sister when they operated on her to remove a cancerous brain tumor developed shingles while in recovery just to make something horrible even worse and more miserable. She had the got the new supposedly better vaccine when it first came out and before all cancer and chemo. Just added to the suffering she was gone about a month later.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:17 PM   #319
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I do not wish to admit it, but I qualify for this thread.

I'm recovering from shingles. I'm 53, which I didn't consider old before this. Also, I've had the shingles vaccine.* I went to the doc shortly after turning 50 and was told that I needed to take the vaccine. Turns out the shingles vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting shingles. It just means that if you do get it, then it's not as bad. If this is 'not as bad,' I don't want to see bad. I've got so many shingles I half expect to be nailed to a roof.

I remember when I was about 18 I had to go help an older couple who were in our church. They needed something done at the house, moving some furniture or something. They were in their late 70s. Anyway, the wife had shingles and the husband told me to call before coming over because his wife had shingles. I asked my dad about it and, this being pre-vaccine, he said that people with shingles frequently don't wear many clothes because it is quite painful. From that, I took away that shingles was an old person's disease and that I didn't want it. And I realize that my dad was right. This is really miserable and I don't wish it on anyone.

So, now I have shingles like an old fart.

As one friend of mine said a few years ago on a fishing trip, "This getting old shit is getting old."

* this is NOT DC and I'm not discussing any other vaccine. Nor should you in this thread.
I had a mild case of shingles a few years back and it was scary but it didn't blow up and then I did the vax for it. I hope I never get that shit again. I feel for you.

I messed up my hip a year ago and it's still not all the way better. I'm not sure it ever will be. I'm fighting it but it's a slow process. A little forward and then a little back. I'm 61 but just before I turned 60 I went to hell.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-14-2023, 07:45 AM   #320
MER

The last reps I gave out.

04-14-2023 07:39 AM lewdog
10-29-2021 09:30 PM NinerDoug
09-23-2015 01:48 PM TimBone

Old. AF.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:15 AM   #321
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post

Old. AF.
So you’re saying I have a chance?
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:19 AM   #322
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
So you’re saying I have a chance?
sec
🤣
Till we die Boo.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:26 AM   #323
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

Im on the Oregon Coast right now.Youngest daughter got married this week. Have the entire family here. Bon fire last night. beers with my sons and sons inlaws this afternoon. another bonfire tonight and going fishing tomorrow. Blessed life for sure.
My brother had his wedding in Lincoln City about 25 years ago and we did the whole Bonfire thing as well.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:27 AM   #324
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Old. AF.
I've given you so much material to work with and you pay me back like this?

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:28 AM   #325
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Old. AF.
You're a damn REP miser!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:28 AM   #326
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

I turn 50 in August. Rationally, I'm way past the halfway point now. But man, I don't feel "middle aged" AT ALL.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:30 AM   #327
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I've given you so much material to work with and you pay me back like this?

I don't read CP on a computer very often anymore.
Or drink.

I'll make it up to you. But you'll have to promise to keep my password and scrub my account when I'm dead. Some of these reps from 20 yr old Mer are. Um. Questionable material.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:34 AM   #328
Politically Incorrect

A lot of my body is old age and in need of repair.
My brain is still immature.
My soul is timeless.
My heart is strong.
My liver is well preserved.
My ass is a virgin.
My weiner is still young and ambitious.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:43 AM   #329
Politically Incorrect

So far today after waking up, blasting off a quick round and getting up at 5:03am:

1. Took my 4 pills
2. Had 2 cups of Chai tea and a My Father La Opulencia cigar
3. Took a shit
4. Did my morning walk around the community
5. Grabbed my cell phone, read and posted on CP
6. Checked out the stock market
7. Logged onto my computer for work.

This has been a very busy morning so far for an old person.

I might be ready for a nap.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:52 AM   #330
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
So far today after waking up, blasting off a quick round and getting up at 5:03am:

1. Took my 4 pills
2. Had 2 cups of Chai tea and a My Father La Opulencia cigar
3. Took a shit
4. Did my morning walk around the community
5. Grabbed my cell phone, read and posted on CP
6. Checked out the stock market
7. Logged onto my computer for work.

This has been a very busy morning so far for an old person.

I might be ready for a nap.
Got up at 830
Took 6 pills
Took vitamins
Took a shit
Walked 1.5 miles
Took another shit
Showered
Fed the dog
Took blood pressure
Wrote in journal
Thinking about taking another shit

sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote