Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference

Clark Hunt-10:30 AM
Brett Veach-11 AM
Andy Reid-3 PM

This should be entertaining..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 AM   #316
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I agree with that...but you are missing the point. Dorsey knew by signing him that Maclin was going to be a cap causality...Reid didn't until after the wedding.
Reid knew they were in cap hell all year and they had to cut people to get out of it. He also knew Maclin was expendable.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #317
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Reid knew they were in cap hell all year and they had to cut people to get out of it. He also knew Maclin was expendable.
Then he made Dorsey his fallguy...no matter how people spin this, Reid controls the Chiefs now.

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-25-2017 at 12:34 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #318
MVP

Quote:
Then he made Dorsey his fallguy...no matter how people spin this, Reid control's the Chiefs now.
There is not a chance in hell Reid was behind Dorsey cutting Maclin by voicemail. Reid certainly knew Maclin would be cut, a player of his standing doesn't get cut without the HC knowing about it, but Reid is loved and respected by his players precisely because he doesn't do shit like that.
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #319
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatbass View Post
There is not a chance in hell Reid was behind Dorsey cutting Maclin by voicemail.
No shit...that's my point.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #320
Andy Reid Supporter

Chris Ballard was never going to be the GM here. Even if Dorsey was fired after the playoff game, I'd place my bet on Veach being hired over Ballard.

This is Andy's team and Clark is catering to him.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:55 AM   #321
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Chris Ballard was never going to be the GM here. Even if Dorsey was fired after the playoff game, I'd place my bet on Veach being hired over Ballard.

If Ballard was a Dorsey protege, then Reid probably would have nixed him too.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #322
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Thank God that training camp is starting on Friday... this Dorsey story has gotten epically stale.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #323
MVP

Quote:
Then he made Dorsey his fallguy...no matter how people spin this, Reid controls the Chiefs now.
That can't be accurate, Reid is not a Jesuit.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #324
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Thank God that training camp is starting on Friday... this Dorsey story has gotten epically stale.
The discussion in here has turned into a damn soap opera.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #325
Scott Pioli

Quote:

I don't believe that. At all.
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #326
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
That press conference left me a bit underwhelmed....Veach seemed green as grass. Not confident at all that he will replicate the success/accuman of finding waiver wire players...or will stand his ground against Father Reid. He seemed like a "yes man" replacement.

So Chunt had no idea of the internal issues until Spring?...then after a "thorough" audit he decides he needs to fire Dorsey...could he have been anymore vague? What prompted the need for this sudden audit...who brought it to his attention?

Whatever....bunch of horseshit. Andy played a role in this...that became obvious today.
This is far from where my impression was. The young GM has smarts and was quick to deliver on responses on his own wit and humor. He is not a "yes" man as he said he has had plenty of disagreements with HC Reid.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #327
Cry havoc...

Quote:

After listening to all three press conferences in depth yesterday, and reading all the pieces leading up to them, this is what I took away from it:
  • Clark was concerned about our ability to stay competitive over the next 2-3 years with the way things were going
  • Clark was not liking the way things were being communicated within the department and the cap situation
  • Clark dug into it and also learned about things that had happened over the last three years that added to this feeling
  • Clark said a lot of these things really started making themselves known in the spring, so once Ballard left some warts started becoming obvious
  • This timeline also coincides with us not only cutting guys like Howard and Maclin, but also firing McCracken and Lewis

So I suspect Clark's biggest issue outside of the communication stuff was that he wasn't seeing what he considered to be a great vision or plan moving forward regarding how the cap dollars were being managed. Obviously Veach brought this up as well so that must have been a huge point of emphasis in the interview. That along with Hunt stressing that Veach had a plan on how to build a "championship roster" in 2-3 years seemed to be emphasized, meaning that he probably was not seeing that from Dorsey, who he may have felt had "plateaued".

He also curiously mentioned Jamaal Charles during his press conference, and add to that the statement that he wants to make sure that he is plugged in on any big roster move we make, makes me think that the Charles and Maclin things really bothered him in the way they were done, and while he may not have disagreed with not bringing Charles back, the way Charles was let go and the subsequent "revenge" signing of a franchise great in Denver didn't sit well with him, and he probably would have preferred that we at least approach the release of a guy like that with more personal tact. Granted, this is all me speculating, but even Veach brought it up in terms of talking about how he knows these guys and will go talk to these guys if they have to get cut.

Anyway, my guess is that Clark went into the process with Veach as the favorite, having heard great things about him from Reid and seeing him firsthand. He probably wanted to take this chance to interview a wide range of people to build up his Rolodex in case this thing blows up in a couple of years, and to see if anyone else would blow his socks off. But at the end of the day he probably wanted to keep the same personnel philosophy and personnel, but increase his oversight and get the communication fixed, and wanted someone who could articulate a clear plan of how to navigate the next three years, when a lot of these core guys we have are in their prime. Thus Veach, He probably would have promoted Ballard had he still been here, but again with the timing of things, it really sounds like once Ballard left, some of the problems really came to the surface...
DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #328
In Search of a Life

Quote:

This is horseshit.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #329
Supporter

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...7-66d1baa3272e

For Hunt, who had known of Veach before this process as “somebody who loved football and loved watching tape, and somebody who’d had a big impact on our drafts the last couple of years,” the process of ultimately landing on his in-house candidate wasn’t without doing his due-diligence.

“We evaluated more than a dozen candidates and interviewed some outstanding personnel executives,” Hunt explained. “After going through the process, it was clear that Veach was the right person for the job. I am confident that he will do an outstanding job of leading our personnel department. He has a sharp football mind, a tremendous work ethic, and a keen eye for finding talent.”

Veach, who was going through the interview process for a general manager position for the first time in his career, also did his due-diligence in making sure he was prepared for whenever that time did come. He said he got some advice from an old co-worker and a guy who also recently went through a similar process.

“Actually, Chris Ballard,”
Veach explained of who helped him prepare for his interview. “He reached out and we talked a while. He’s great. He sent me a bunch of information. It was funny because last summer, going into the 2016 season, I was in the office and Chris would always tell me, ‘Just work on your portfolio, Brett. You’re gonna get a shot, and you never know when it’s going to happen.’

“So, when this all went down, Chris called me and said, ‘Hey listen, I know you already worked on that portfolio, but here’s some more stuff, and when you get that opportunity, this will help when you meet in front of Mr. Hunt.’

“Chris was awesome.”

Within three hours of being announced as the Chiefs’ new general manager, Veach said he had heard from every scout in the Chiefs’ personnel department.

“They were excited,” Veach explained. “Again, we’ve worked together for four years and keeping this thing going was big for all of us. They were genuinely excited, and I’m equally as excited to continue to work with them.”
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #330
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Within three hours of being announced as the Chiefs’ new general manager, Veach said he had heard from every scout in the Chiefs’ personnel department.
That's great to hear. Sounds like they all like and respect Veach.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.