Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2022, 04:48 AM  
Fish are scared of me

****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****

Stock Discussion

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 08-19-2023 at 11:46 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #316
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Care to share. I know the unionization thing is pretty major.

But there is a LOT of money in the stock market that is tied to Amazon stock.
We just came up for our review early April and I went from being underpaid to being vastly underpaid. No pay cut but I was using this year's annual review as the decision point. I've made 50-70/ hr for over 35 years and I'm so far from that here it's not funny. I only took this job for one reason-I knew they wouldn't be going out of business anytime soon.

I also lost control of my health again these last two years and I'm taking 6-12 months off to get in shape. Make my health my job like I did in 2017.

I also see Amazon being backed into a box with higher costs for a few years and growth slowing for a variety of reasons. While they are growing new lines of business and expanding into many more cities, those moves come with higher costs.

I don't see much happening here positive for the next 2 years and by then I'll be close to retirement.

So like I mentioned to other CP posters when they asked, if you're in a job you don't like or are underpaid, move on. That's what I am doing.

Last edited by scho63; 05-01-2022 at 07:48 AM..
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #317
Politically Incorrect

OFFICIAL NEWS: We suck at picking stocks in a down, inflation driven market. Only one portfolio in the black. Many down 15%, 20%, 25% even 35%. OUCH.

Congrats HonestChiefFan for winning the 1st month with a 1.05% gain!!!!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:05 AM   #318
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
OFFICIAL NEWS: We suck at picking stocks in a down, inflation driven market. Only one portfolio in the black. Many down 15%, 20%, 25% even 35%. OUCH.

Congrats HonestChiefFan for winning the 1st month with a 1.05% gain!!!!
Did you notice that none of the members here that are professional stock traders joined in the challenge. I wonder why?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:39 AM   #319
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Did you notice that none of the members here that are professional stock traders joined in the challenge. I wonder why?
As I've tried to tell you dumbasses, professional traders don't trade during times like these. No one is smart enough to make a killing trading in a choppy/down market.

You're welcome.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:02 PM   #320
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
As I've tried to tell you dumbasses, professional traders don't trade during times like these. No one is smart enough to make a killing trading in a choppy/down market.

You're welcome.
I should be a professional trader because during a bull market I kick ass .

Anyway this was just a fun little game. They could have given it a shot and they could have put the VIX (up 62% since 4/1) in their portfolio.
I think they know they couldn't beat the S&P Index and didn't want to play a game too hard to win .

I think DaFace has the best strategy, putting my money on him. This is a 12 month project though, there's time for things to turn around.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:05 PM   #321
Mod Team

Quote:
I should be a professional trader because during a bull market I kick ass .

Anyway this was just a fun little game. They could have given it a shot and they could have put the VIX (up 62% since 4/1) in their portfolio.
I think they know they couldn't beat the S&P Index and didn't want to play a game too hard to win .

I think DaFace has the best strategy, putting my money on him. This is a 12 month project though, there's time for things to turn around.
I bought dogs....which are turning into huge dogs!

Cathie Wood has nothing on me!!!!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #322
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I bought dogs....which are turning into huge dogs!

Cathie Wood has nothing on me!!!!!
We should have made the challenge against ARK instead of the SPY. We're kicking her ASS.

Also it's ironic we started this during the worst month in the history of stocks EVER.

Now Royals in 5...4...3...2....1
Old 05-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #323
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Taking a swing on ACCD ,it showed up on the screener this morning. Just got in a 5.59

Might take a couple days but I think 10% can be made.

Or lost!
Sold at 6.15 less than 30 minutes into market open. 10% swing.

Easy as pie.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:05 AM   #324
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Did you see the updated OP? You slid in like a Ninja!
I'm losing money slower than almost anybody. That's a huge win.

Now I'm stalking honestchieffan, waiting to make my move.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #325
Fish are scared of me

Spy down 12% on the year

8% of that was in April
Old 05-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #326
Supporter

My guy Raytheon is eating massive amounts of shit.

<---- This guy here is a dumbass LOL
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #327
New and Improved

Quote:
Sold at 6.15 less than 30 minutes into market open. 10% swing.

Easy as pie.

Damnit, got busy this morning and forgot about this.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #328
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post

Damnit, got busy this morning and forgot about this.
Did you grab some ?

I left a lot on the table as it's been up to 7.23 today. Could have made over 27% if I'd used a 2% trailing SL. What I've been doing is just setting a 10% sell order after I buy trying not to be greedy. I'm still learning.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #329
New and Improved

Quote:
Did you grab some ?

I left a lot on the table as it's been up to 7.23 today. Could have made over 27% if I'd used a 2% trailing SL. What I've been doing is just setting a 10% sell order after I buy trying not to be greedy. I'm still learning.
No, missed out damnit. Got busy and forgot.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #330
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I'm putting stock into Billay's Mom
When do you receive your first dividend?