Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:00 PM   #316
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
I see size, speed, measurements can be equated, for sure. What I think is ridiculous is thinking "this guy is same size as ______" = obvious comp. It is ridiculous. FFS, Justin Jefferson was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year. D'Andre Hopkins is a legitimate NFL all-pro year after year. ROD SMITH is a Hall of Famer. These are the guys to which this second round pick out of SMU, that few had on their draft board this high btw, are being compared. Come on. Bruh. The breathless hyperbole is ridiculous. That is all I have pointed out, yet fatass zach thinks "nah, that's not hyperbole, it's totally legit to comapre this kid out of a Div 2 (arguably) school = comparable to a Hall of Fame player".
It's more than measurements, it's playing style.

When you watch some Rice tape, he does Hopkins things. The high-pointing the ball. The fighting through contact for the catch. The stuff Hopkins did in Houston that made people think Deshaun Watson was good. You see Rice do those things.

The run after catch stuff. He's an extremely similar skillset.

No, I'm not saying he's going to be as successful in the NFL as Hopkins, but I can tell you he's a very similar TYPE of receiver with a lot of the same ATTRIBUTES. He's of that style. Not a Hill, not a Waddle, not a DK Metcalf. He's like a Hopkins-type receiver.

Now, he's going to have to clean up his routes, like almost every draftee, and he sometimes has the dropsies on easy catches, which tells me he's trying to run before securing the ball. But these aren't unfixable flaws. The raw material is there.

Without them, he's a top ten pick.

I'll take my chances with Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes to get his best football out of him.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:03 PM   #317
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It's more than measurements, it's playing style.

When you watch some Rice tape, he does Hopkins things. The high-pointing the ball. The fighting through contact for the catch. The stuff Hopkins did in Houston that made people think Deshaun Watson was good. You see Rice do those things.

The run after catch stuff. He's an extremely similar skillset.

No, I'm not saying he's going to be as successful in the NFL as Hopkins, but I can tell you he's a very similar TYPE of receiver with a lot of the same ATTRIBUTES. He's of that style. Not a Hill, not a Waddle, not a DK Metcalf. He's like a Hopkins-type receiver.

Now, he's going to have to clean up his routes, like almost every draftee, and he sometimes has the dropsies on easy catches, which tells me he's trying to run before securing the ball. But these aren't unfixable flaws. The raw material is there.

Without them, he's a top ten pick.

I'll take my chances with Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes to get his best football out of him.
Great take. I hope you are spot on. 100% re: Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes maximizing this kid's potential.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:04 PM   #318
MVP

Wasn’t my first choice, but I’m talking myself into it.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:05 PM   #319
Ultrabanned

What is there for me to be upset about? I want to rage but just can’t muster it when we got a guy pat practiced with and recommended at a position of need
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:05 PM   #320
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Correct me if Im wrong but I seem to recall Mahomes wanting them to draft CEH. They did. Wanted them to draft Skyy. They did. Now he wanted them to draft this guy. Mahomes GM
Mahomes wanted Moore?
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:06 PM   #321
World's Best Boss

Idk how do this dude's measurables match up against Bobby Sippio?
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:06 PM   #322
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
And there it is. It was an obvious smoke screen when those names trickled out.
4D Chess
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-28-2023, 09:10 PM   #323
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:10 PM   #324
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
No, everyone did not haver him in the 2nd round. I could post more proof, but its not worth it.

I like the player, quite a bit actually, but it was a waste of draft capital to move up.
The GM of the defending SB champions disagrees with you. Once you lead a team to more SBs than this GM then you can be taken seriously with your takes.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:11 PM   #325
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Great take. I hope you are spot on. 100% re: Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes maximizing this kid's potential.
Man, you know, shit happens, who knows?

But the raw material is there, Mahomes liked him after working with him, we have the best offensive coaching staff in football. He's going to have every advantage.

If he WANTS to be great, he's certainly in the best position to be.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:14 PM   #326
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Dane Brugler scouting report:
I have noticed we like drafting team captains and guys that played many sports at one point in their school career.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:17 PM   #327
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Workout aint a game and Mahomes also wanted CEH. So...
And Burrow said CEH was the most important player on the LSU NC team. It didn't translate to the NFL. It happens, but to equate every pick to CEH is old and stale.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:18 PM   #328
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Man, you know, shit happens, who knows?

But the raw material is there, Mahomes liked him after working with him, we have the best offensive coaching staff in football. He's going to have every advantage.

If he WANTS to be great, he's certainly in the best position to be.
Yessir! Like I said before, IF this kid comes in, works his ass off, learns from these gurus and becomes THAT GUY... this is THE 2023 pick. In five, ten years from now, people will be talking about "...remember when KC traded up to get Rashee Rice in the second round?!".

I hope that happens.
What I think will really happen: this kid may work his way into a starting spot by yr 2. Will, if he maximize his potential, eventually fill the role of JuJu: 60-70 RPY MAX, FOR 800-900 yds. Nothing wrong with that at all.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:20 PM   #329
MVP

Kid says he plays just like Hopkins so no need I guess.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:24 PM   #330
Curmudgeon

If Mahomes is happy, I'm happy.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.