Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2022, 06:44 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-29-2022 at 09:51 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:39 AM   #3196
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
This is like the 3rd young WR we keep telling ourselves Pat doesn't "trust".

I dunno. Seems like there may be more of an issue there.
We've said this for a couple years now, but Pat at a point needs to understand that he plays the game and the coaches coach it.

He doesn't decide who's running the routes and he doesn't need to worry about if they're gonna actually catch the ball.

Now IF Moore is out there ****ing routes up in practice and Mahomes has taken him out of the progression because short routes that get messed up turn into pick 6s very quickly - okay, I can handle that.

But the 'well he's worried the guy's gonna drop it' stuff - man, he's gotta let that go. Over a large enough sample size these guys will fix the glitch or hit the bench. In the interim, if they're where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there - throw 'em the ball. If they drop it, that's on them.

Now I'm not 100% convinced Moore is where he's supposed to be. In fact I think there's a real chance he isn't. But that's a story for another day I guess. But I think that HAS to be the crux of the issue. Because Mahomes doesn't even look at him. Open or not, it doesn't matter because Mahomes just doesn't really care.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:41 AM   #3197
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We've said this for a couple years now, but Pat at a point needs to understand that he plays the game and the coaches coach it.

He doesn't decide who's running the routes and he doesn't need to worry about if they're gonna actually catch the ball.

Now IF Moore is out there ****ing routes up in practice and Mahomes has taken him out of the progression because short routes that get messed up turn into pick 6s very quickly - okay, I can handle that.

But the 'well he's worried the guy's gonna drop it' stuff - man, he's gotta let that go. Over a large enough sample size these guys will fix the glitch or hit the bench. In the interim, if they're where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there - throw 'em the ball. If they drop it, that's on them.

Now I'm not 100% convinced Moore is where he's supposed to be. In fact I think there's a real chance he isn't. But that's a story for another day I guess. But I think that HAS to be the crux of the issue. Because Mahomes doesn't even look at him. Open or not, it doesn't matter because Mahomes just doesn't really care.
Something is there. Cause the guy is open. They had guys open everywhere.

Pat looked off to me, but apparently I'm holding him to a higher standard than I should.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:43 AM   #3198
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:

Pat looked off to me, but apparently I'm holding him to a higher standard than I should.
Hutchinson deserves credit... he applied a lot of pressure. Mahomes did Mahomes things and avoided sacks, but he was affected.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:59 AM   #3199
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

Can you blame him? The WR's were all disasters outside of MVS and Watson.

Toney dropped the ball on 1/4 of his targets, Skyy dropped passes and Richie James wasn't running routes correctly.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:04 AM   #3200
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
MVS and Watson. He did trust Toney but not sure last week helped.

I also think Rice is building good trust with Patrick
If MVS and Watson are the only two he trusts, they might want to target them more than 6 times combined in a game. What did MVS have, 2 targets all game?
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:05 AM   #3201
In Search of a Life

Again, if we're giving Skyy drops on those.......I dunno what we're doing here. 2 of them are really tough catches (the first didn't need to be if Pat threw it when he was actually open) and the slant in the redzone was behind him.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:05 AM   #3202
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Hutchinson deserves credit... he applied a lot of pressure. Mahomes did Mahomes things and avoided sacks, but he was affected.
He definitely played well.

Makes me really want one of those top 5 DE's.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:08 AM   #3203

Quote:
Again, if we're giving Skyy drops on those.......I dunno what we're doing here. 2 of them are really tough catches (the first didn't need to be if Pat threw it when he was actually open) and the slant in the redzone was behind him.
Let's just split the difference and say he had zero catches in a game where he played more snaps than any other WR and we desperately needed him to step up.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:14 AM   #3204
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Let's just split the difference and say he had zero catches in a game where he played more snaps than any other WR and we desperately needed him to step up.
I agree. Definitely gotta be better.

I'm not saying he was good enough. It's gotta be better. I'm by no means a big Skyy fan either, but I just hate shitting on a guy when it may not really have been his issue.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:19 AM   #3205
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Haven't been able to break down all of the All-22, but I've seen at least a halves worth of plays and Skyy Moore was beating coverage on several plays and Patrick looked at him, but never threw it his way. People talking shit on him clearly haven't seen his routes, because he looked really good.
I was wondering about this. You can't tell without the all 22.

Was anyone else at the game? Was he getting separation or what?
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:21 AM   #3206
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
I was wondering about this. You can't tell without the all 22.

Was anyone else at the game? Was he getting separation or what?
I dunno, but quite a few people on ChiefsPlanet.com say that he wasn't going open. It's quite a reliable source of information, so I'd trust what they say.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:22 AM   #3207
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I think it's gotta be a trust thing. We've seen it before. Mahomes seems to have more confidence in Rice on a scramble drill right out the gates. Mahomes was throwing to Toney several times his first week on the field.

Something has never seemed right with Moore. We all thought it might've corrected itself after the offseason, but we thought the same with Hardman and that only made limited progress (and of course Hardman was a lot more dynamic than Moore).

It's hardly settled, so let's hope when Kelce is back that'll open up some things for Moore that allow him to get into the flow of the offense.
Mahomes was burned for (I believe two picks) last year on account of Moore running the route incorrectly, so I always wonder if that's in the back of his head?
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:23 AM   #3208
In Search of a Life

From section 211 it looked like there were guys getting open.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:27 AM   #3209
In Search of a Life

Toney averaged 3 yards of separation on his targets. So....catch the ball and you're fine.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:29 AM   #3210
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
I dunno, but quite a few people on ChiefsPlanet.com say that he wasn't going open. It's quite a reliable source of information, so I'd trust what they say.
Yes, but quite a few other people are saying he wasn't so I dunno.

DJ what did you see?