Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #301
In Search of a Life

As I asked in another thread:

Y'all do understand that these companies will keep pumping out shitty products as long as you keep watching them, right?
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:57 AM   #302
Here We Go Again

First episode was a total yawn. Had trouble staying awake through it. I'll try episode 2, if it is the same, that'll be it for me.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:03 AM   #303
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I watched about 20 minutes so far...The female lead warrior turning into some anime martial arts action sequence to slay a beast was...."special". Holy shit was that ridiculous...talk about immediately killing any suspension of disbelief.

Who came up with that idea...Homer Simpson?

And as you said...the mixed ethnicity of a rural tribe makes it feel like a made for TV series. I feel like I'm watching actors in costumes...performing a skit. The dialogue is already syrupy...

If it weren't based on Tolkien ...it would just be another fantasy show with a deliberate social engineering agenda mixed in. It's going to judged to a higher standard...especially considering the budget.

It wont be a classic extension or remembered...a one watch then forget series. Looks nice...it'll be something I'll watch when I get around to it. It wont be like knowing it's Sunday and waiting for the original GOT to air...
All true. I made it about 30 minutes into the second episode. The scenes with the Harfoots are just killing the show. The rest of it is just barely good enough to put up with, but I can't sit through that crap. Weak acting, poor dialogue, mediocre plot.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #304
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
First episode was a total yawn. Had trouble staying awake through it. I'll try episode 2, if it is the same, that'll be it for me.
I actually fell asleep in the middle of E2 and watched the remainder the following morning. So yeah, it's the same. Some serious issues with this show right now.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #305
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I actually fell asleep in the middle of E2 and watched the remainder the following morning. So yeah, it's the same. Some serious issues with this show right now.
Ugh. Not sure when I'll get back to it.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:29 AM   #306
sorta mod-ish

I can't say when or if I'll ever get around to watching this based on all the reviews and opinions out there, but I will say this show has inspired me to re-watch the Lord of the Rings extended versions. About to start up Return of the King, and I've legit enjoyed revisiting these movies.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:37 AM   #307
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I can't say when or if I'll ever get around to watching this based on all the reviews and opinions out there, but I will say this show has inspired me to re-watch the Lord of the Rings extended versions. About to start up Return of the King, and I've legit enjoyed revisiting these movies.
They all remain excellent.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #308
MVP

I thought it was good. What a surprise the ****ing whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. ****ing kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #309
MVP

Quote:
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

****ing losers.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #310
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
They all remain excellent.
I binged all three on my birthday last year. Totally worth the time.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:27 PM   #311
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I thought it was good. What a surprise the ****ing whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. ****ing kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

****ing losers.
I actually haven't seen a single poster say that the show isn't good because of wokeness.

Everybody that's saying they didn't enjoy the first 2 episodes has other reasons that have nothing to do with that.

You're just projecting by being a whiny bitch yourself.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #312
In Search of a Life

As for the show, first 2 episodes were very meh, and as I somewhat predicted, my concerns with the show were not with wokeness infecting the plot, but the fact that these people were more worried about telling us how diverse this series would be than actually making a great show.

All the red flags were there.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #313
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I actually haven't seen a single poster say that the show isn't good because of wokeness.

Everybody that's saying they didn't enjoy the first 2 episodes has other reasons that have nothing to do with that.

You're just projecting by being a whiny bitch yourself.
takedp*9 does a lot of projecting.
Old 09-04-2022, 01:49 PM   #314
New and Improved

Watched the first two episodes last night with a friend who is a huge JRRT fan.

We both thought they were pretty good.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2022, 01:50 PM   #315
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
As for the show, first 2 episodes were very meh, and as I somewhat predicted, my concerns with the show were not with wokeness infecting the plot, but the fact that these people were more worried about telling us how diverse this series would be than actually making a great show.

All the red flags were there.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.