Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2024, 08:23 PM  
Starter

Peacock exclusive playoff game is stupid

Bad move by the league. Quit being greedy and keeping your customers from watching your product.

Surely they wont put Mahomes in that game but who knows.
treeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-08-2024, 07:59 PM   #301
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
A blank screen is infinitely preferable to pretty much any commercial on TV.
Dish started preventing you from muting or skipping though commercialson their app a while back before I dumped their ****faces (of course, you could at least mute your device).... surprised that's not more of a thing, but probably the future.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:17 PM   #302
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, I just went ahead and bit the bullet and subscribed.

Yeah, I feel dirty.
Let's hope you don't watch and enjoy something. The horror!
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:28 PM   #303
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Let's hope you don't watch and enjoy something. The horror!
Yeah, I'll try not to.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:14 AM   #304
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That's like boycotting Ticketmaster or many other monopolies... you can hope 20 million people do the same thing, or else you're just the stubborn one missing out on something you enjoy.

Do they have you by the balls if you want to watch the Chiefs? Yes.

Will that change in the future? Highly, highly doubtful.
You can still watch the damn game. There are other avenues to watch it for free. It just might not be the normal pleasant experience you would with Peacock.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:53 AM   #305
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That's like boycotting Ticketmaster or many other monopolies... you can hope 20 million people do the same thing, or else you're just the stubborn one missing out on something you enjoy.

Do they have you by the balls if you want to watch the Chiefs? Yes.

Will that change in the future? Highly, highly doubtful.
I always felt like boycotts are more about principle than any concrete result.

Im just gonna go to a sports bar but I would be doing that regardless. Still, def not a fan of this streaming shit but it's just a reality of the world we live in nowadays.

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 01-09-2024 at 05:30 AM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:55 AM   #306
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfan75 View Post
I mean, does Peacock think people will pay them $5.99 for a month and then go "You know, they did such a good job with that football game, I think I'll keep it and watch some TV Shows and movies"?

Hopefully fans outside of KC and Miami boycott that shit..
They are counting on most people forgetting to cancel.
I bet most people do.

Present company excluded of course.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:09 AM   #307
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I always felt like boycotts are more about principle than any concrete result.

Im just gonna go to a sports bar but I would be doing that regardless. Still, def not a fan of this streaming shit but it's just a reality of the world we live in nowadays.
I don't think boycotting will work. I do believe many casuals will just choose not to watch. My friends who are fans of other teams will not watch. They love football and will watch most playoff games, but they're not going to go through the hassle to pay for this. Let's be real if this were any other playoff game most of us will choose not to watch. And that's just such a bizarre move for a game that has so much intrigue
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:03 AM   #308
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don't think boycotting will work. I do believe many casuals will just choose not to watch. My friends who are fans of other teams will not watch. They love football and will watch most playoff games, but they're not going to go through the hassle to pay for this. Let's be real if this were any other playoff game most of us will choose not to watch. And that's just such a bizarre move for a game that has so much intrigue
As I said I don't believe boycotting in this case is about working to achieve some type of result. It's about principle. Plenty of people will do it and I don't blame them.

People can always check the highlights.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:19 AM   #309
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
They are counting on most people forgetting to cancel.
I bet most people do.

Present company excluded of course.
I am actually looking forward to cancelling it. This proliferation of streaming channels is just getting out of hand, but this is obviously the direction they are heading.

Three years ago CBS started pulling their feed from DTV and
Dish during the season and it motivated me to upgrade our antennas. Now I prefer to watch programming off of the antenna since the picture is so good and actually significantly better than streaming or the satellite options.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:03 AM   #310
It was not a fair catch

Agreed with HemiEd. Anything local, I do with an antenna. AND there is no lag. I am close enough to the transmitters that I started with a paper clip or small thin wire in the antenna port to get stations. As more have been added, have purchased decent antennas, especially for the basement.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:18 AM   #311
Shaken. Not stirred.

Before long everyone will need a subscription to nfl plus, paramount, peacock, espn plus, Amazon, and hulu to watch games.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:29 AM   #312
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Agreed with HemiEd. Anything local, I do with an antenna. AND there is no lag. I am close enough to the transmitters that I started with a paper clip or small thin wire in the antenna port to get stations. As more have been added, have purchased decent antennas, especially for the basement.
You are fortunate being close to the transmitters.
Yeah, it has been quite a journey for us, being about 60 miles from the stations.
I have evolved as the need has increased to having three antennas of high quality going now.
One for the Firetv recast box, one for the guest bedrooms and one for mine and the Mrs. sets.
The more sets you have hooked up to an antenna, the more the division of signal strength

I went the route with amplifiers and pole rotators. but that ended up sucking. Had one with rotation built in, but it is now on a shelf in the garage as it was a POS.

Granted, even with 23 channels received, there is no Netflix, Amazon, Max etc., we still have to stream those. But the Mrs. gets her network programs and there is a lot of interesting, fun programming, like 2 1/2 men reruns.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:37 AM   #313
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just noticed the first really shitty thing about Peacock. I noticed last night that they had old Law and Order episodes, but when I checked it out I found that they only have the last few seasons.

No Angie Harmon or Jill Hennessy? **** you!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:41 AM   #314
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Before long everyone will need a subscription to nfl plus, paramount, peacock, espn plus, Amazon, and hulu to watch games.
I stream most of what I watch, except sports. So, it's really just a matter of time before all sports will be streamed as well. It is what it is.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:42 AM   #315
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
And yet all of those combined would still be far less expensive than a typical cable subscription, which is necessary to watch Monday Night Football alone.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.