Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #31066
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
You can get it from anywhere to 2-6 months after the first shot. Just be nice to the RPh and wear a mask.
Thanks, that first shot kicked my ass for a day......its no joke lol
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #31067
Life is changing..

DHSS Missouri Numbers Yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 10,317

Total Deaths: 562

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 134,458
As of 2:00 p.m. CT, May 14

DHSS Missouri Numbers Today

Cases in Missouri: 10,456

Total Deaths: 576

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 134,458 (not yet updated for 5/15/20)

As of 2:00 p.m. CT, May 15
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #31068
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by limested View Post
Shingles suck ass so get it. I had a mild case and it made me want to kill myself.
No. Vaccines are bad and don't work anyway because flu.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #31069
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Forgive me if this is getting political or beating a dead horse, but I don't see why so many people have an issue wearing a mask compared to, say, driving drunk. Both are choices that can harm other people. One is universally shamed, the other has become a symbol of personal freedom.

What's the difference with someone who refuses to wear a mask while saying "I can control myself, I'll use common sense". Is that not similar to someone over the limit saying they will go the speed limit and pay extra attention? It's not like a person can control where their airborn droplets go and what they might infect.

I've never seen someone argue "this is a free country and I'll drive after 5 beers if I want to!"
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #31070
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Forgive me if this is getting political or beating a dead horse, but I don't see why so many people have an issue wearing a mask compared to, say, driving drunk. Both are choices that can harm other people. One is universally shamed, the other has become a symbol of personal freedom.

What's the difference with someone who refuses to wear a mask while saying "I can control myself, I'll use common sense". Is that not similar to someone over the limit saying they will go the speed limit and pay extra attention? It's not like a person can control where their airborn droplets go and what they might infect.

I've never seen someone argue "this is a free country and I'll drive after 5 beers if I want to!"
Ask people to do it and they would probably do it.

Tell people to do it and people get pissed off.

That's about how it works
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #31071
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:

The problem is that you're reasonable and trying to apply logic to this.

Also, nobody is going around posting YouTube videos about how drunk driving deaths are just a government conspiracy.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #31072
In Search of a Life

Wait, driving drunk is frowned upon?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:00 PM   #31073
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post

Do you ASK people not to drive drunk or do you TELL them?

How can you say something so profoundly dumb and then close it with That's about how it works?"
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #31074
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:

People were asked to wear masks and they didn't, hence being told to.

People were asked to avoid large gatherings but didn't, hence them being shut down.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #31075
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Yes I am human I do get frustrated sometimes, not very often though so congrats Pete your long term commitment to ignoring the facts has managed to do what very few other people have done.
Dude what facts was I ignoring? You started talking about vaccines and I pointed out we don't have one and the group of people that discussed this didn't speak as if we had one. If we get one, great. Until then it's all talk.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #31076
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Do you ASK people not to drive drunk or do you TELL them?

How can you say something so profoundly dumb and then close it with That's about how it works?"
Both really.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #31077
Kind of a mod

Quote:

I'm a huge proponent of masks given the research I've read, but it's a little hard to compare something that could directly result in the deaths of others to something that contributes to a societal issue that results in deaths. I get what you're coming from, but I don't think most opponents would see them as comparable.

For me, masks are like condoms. You want to have sex with someone? OK, fine. We won't prevent you from doing it, but at least wear a condom. It's not as comfortable. It's not as pleasurable. But it protects her a ton and you some. It's part of the bargain.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:07 PM   #31078
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Wait, driving drunk is frowned upon?
Generally...
Old 05-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #31079
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
Thanks, that first shot kicked my ass for a day......its no joke lol
Yeah, it can be rough. About 15-20 percent of people feel bad for a few days, but Shingrix is much more effective than Zostavax was.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #31080
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Both really.
I am not sure I agree. To me, it seems laws don't ask you to behave a certain way but rather tell you.