Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #3061
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
Rabbs for the win. Exactly my thought process.
we will see who is right -- rabbs & hern or the SF 49ers front office and Pawnmower.

No way they trade Jimmy G in 2023 or sooner.... None.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #3062
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They can still be beat off-tackle because the LBs just aren't that athletic, but the 49ers will have to execute and even a very good running team has 'negative' plays that only yield a yard or 2 when they're trying to run laterally. Especially when guys like Jones and Clark are able to penetrate early at times.
Was thinking last night about how fortunate we are to have a functional Jones amid his calf issue. Freak deal, was worried he may never be right for this postseason.

He’s such a gamewrecker with Clark. I used to be on the fence but I think I wanna keep him for sure. Mathieu talked about how Arizona’s defense was so good cause they kept their core together for so long, and as soon as they didn’t, it fell apart. Jones has bought in and is a piece of that core which could mean dynasty if things click.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #3063
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Chiefs had struggled without outside zone but have really turned that around a bit with Ragland being shifted into the starting role. As far as the DL is concerned I have little concern at all with their ability to keep the line moving East-West. Where my concern really comes is whether or not Hitchens can flow along with the play and remain aggressive enough to keep from getting hung in the wash.

He isn't a premier athlete so slowing him down a bit can be enough to take him out of a play and open a running lane. He has to really fight through the mess in the middle to ensure we remain gap sound and give the DBs (who are all very physical) enough time to hem the 9er RBs in. Ragland is showing better maneuverability this year but it will never truly be a strength so if you can find a way to have him attacking the line early enough in the play to clean some of that wash out for Hitchens to move freely, that could help.

The DL as currently constructed is criminally underrated. They aren't the weak sisters that their early-season performance against the run. You have to remember that fans and eventually their own teammates put these guys on blast for freelancing along the DL in week 5-6. From that point forward, when Mathieu called them all out publicly for playing for themselves, they've played exceptionally responsible football and it's led to massive improvements against the run.

They can still be beat off-tackle because the LBs just aren't that athletic, but the 49ers will have to execute and even a very good running team has 'negative' plays that only yield a yard or 2 when they're trying to run laterally. Especially when guys like Jones and Clark are able to penetrate early at times.
Thanks. Nice analysis. I can tell you that the local radio hosts are becoming more educated as to the strength of your defense. When you see the progress over the year, it is impressive.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #3064
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Early weather forecasts are looking really good for next Sunday in Miami Gardens... game-time temperatures in the 60's with low humidity and no rain/wind issues.

The Chiefs are preparing for warmer temperatures it looks like...
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #3065
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I disagree. I think Jimmy G is a real QB. Not saying it isnt worth looking at a trade and all...but I like Jimmy G and I don't think he is alex smith. Alex smith is a bed-shitter in big situations. Jimmy G is a pretty cool calm guy.
Fair enough.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #3066
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
we will see who is right -- rabbs & hern or the SF 49ers front office and Pawnmower.

No way they trade Jimmy G in 2023 or sooner.... None.

Most likely you if I’m being honest.

Trevor Lawrence is amazing. I can already see him in this offense. He’d be Lights out. I read somewhere that the last few superbowl participants had QB under rookie contracts. That obviously helped build up their team.

Makes sense to me.

Trading Jimmy is a long shot no doubt. Highly improbable but not impossible.
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #3067
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I read an article by John Middlekauff on The Athletic yesterday where he said Veach is as good of a talent evaluator as there is (and he worked with him in Philly).

Chiefs are in great hands with the way their operation is being run and this new CBA is coming at the perfect time to facilitate the Mahomes contract.
I have read a few articles that are speculating that the owners are seriously considering have a seperate cap for QB's....I pray this happens.

Imagine what Veach can do if Pat's cap hit is on a seperate cap?
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #3068
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:

Trevor Lawrence is amazing. I can already see him in this offense. He’d be Lights out. I read somewhere that the last few superbowl participants had QB under rookie contracts. That obviously helped build up their team.

Makes sense to me.

Apparently you don't understand what type of compensation it would take to trade for the #1 overall pick in the draft next year (i.e. where Trevor Lawrence will likely get selected).

And the team picking #1 overall may decide there is no amount of compensation they are willing to take to pass up on drafting Lawrence.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #3069
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
I have read a few articles that are speculating that the owners are seriously considering have a seperate cap for QB's....I pray this happens.

Imagine what Veach can do if Pat's cap hit is on a seperate cap?
Really???

What would be the point in that. Seems like the only ones that would benefit would be the ones that got their guy. What if you don’t?? That cap can’t be allocated towards the team?
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #3070
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Was thinking last night about how fortunate we are to have a functional Jones amid his calf issue. Freak deal, was worried he may never be right for this postseason.

He’s such a gamewrecker with Clark. I used to be on the fence but I think I wanna keep him for sure. Mathieu talked about how Arizona’s defense was so good cause they kept their core together for so long, and as soon as they didn’t, it fell apart. Jones has bought in and is a piece of that core which could mean dynasty if things click.
And Pennel's influence can't be overstated. What he does is allow Ragland to overplay the flow a bit. He knows that when Pennel is in there, he's going to occupy space and blockers so the odds of a backside run blowing open are just awfully damn remote.

So now Ragland can be coming downhill at the playside B gap and really close that off, forcing the RB to bounce. And like I said, I do see some vulnerability there so it's not like it's a perfect scenario, but when you can limit the RBs options, then everyone in the second level can hone in on the target and attack. Especially if guys like Pennel and Nnadi have occupied those IOL and kept them from getting hands on Hitchens.

You don't need to hold them to 2 yards every time. Just keep them from knocking off 5-6 and you'll get enough short runs in there as well to force the 9ers into situations where Grapes will have to come through on 3rd down.

And if you routinely struggle to prevent Jimmy Garappolo from converting on 3rd downs, well you just don't deserve to win a Super Bowl. At some point you gotta earn the damn thing and that's just the way it is. If you can earn it by forcing Jimmy Garappolo to beat you,I think you're in nice shape.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #3071
left blank intentionally

So...back to the game :

T-Sizzle has played the 49ers twice already this year.

How did he look against that run game?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #3072

Quote:

Makes sense to me.

Getting Trevor Lawrence IS impossible unless you trade Jimmy G for a shitty team's 1st rounder this season.

Nobody in the league holding 1.1 is going to trade it when Lawrence declares. Doesn't matter what you offer them, they aren't moving it. So unless you get a pick this offseason from a team that is bad enough to end up at 1.1 next season, you aren't getting Lawrence.

Just dispense with that idea now. You might as well start dreaming about getting Mahomes as a FA.

It ain't happening.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
So...back to the game :

T-Sizzle has played the 49ers twice already this year.

How did he look against that run game?
Probably a good question for Keysor - I'd imagine he's already done some leg work on it.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #3074
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Apparently you don't understand what type of compensation it would take to trade for the #1 overall pick in the draft next year (i.e. where Trevor Lawrence will likely get selected).

And despite that the team picking #1 overall may decide there is no amount of compensation they were willing to take to pass up on drafting Lawrence.

There’s always a guy like you. Always. No matter what the post is.
“You don’t understand football”
“You’re an idiot “
“Clearly you don’t watch football”
“This is clearly the dumbest post I’ve ever read”

Never fails. FOH!!!

I do know what it would take to move up to trade for Lawrence. That’s why I said package up some type of deal that would already include 2 1st round picks in whatever year he declares.

I understand that future first rounders would also be required. And even then...it may not be enough or a tram wouldn’t be willing.

I get all that brother. All of it.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #3075
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
I thought it was Bart Vetch??
Pretty sure it’s BURT VATCH. He spells his name in all caps.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.