Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #3031
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
Serious question not regarding the superbowl...

How long do you guys think you guys have this superbowl window open? Looking at your cap situation, KC is around $15 mill under? That’s without paying Mahomes. I asked in the Mahomes thread how much will he realistically make yearly, answer was about $40-$45 mill a year.

Do you guys feel that with him making so much will affect the way this team is built? Obviously pieces will have to go.

Side note: let’s see how many times I get called idiot for asking a simple question. Lol.
Cap carryover and Watkins contract will pay for Mahomes new contract next year. Beyond that, the only guy it may ending cost them to avoid a cap crunch is Chris Jones.

But Veach seems to be able to work a little cap magic, so we’ll see . . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #3032
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
You have to remember that prices (& caps) go up and up and up and what seems like a crazy deal at 1st looks pretty good by a few years into the contract. I expect (barring injury of course) like a decade of deep playoff runs with mahomes.....im sure there will be some bad years and years where we lose guys and stuff...I am not expecting a brady type of dynasty where we are disappointed not winning 12 games every single year.....But I do expect a winning culture and a decade+ of having a real shot. Clearly QB is the single most important piece and we have that. Pay the man and worry about the money later...yes it will hurt at 1st but the sting will fade.
Paying Goff absolutely gutted the Rams. Goff is no Mahomes (I say that begrudgingly as a Cal alum), but the roster will get thinner. How's KC's drafting record outside of Mahomes? You have to find gems in the lower rounds when you get cap constrained.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #3033
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
How's KC's drafting record outside of Mahomes? You have to find gems in the lower rounds when you get cap constrained.

Ever heard of Brett Veach? And I know you're a homer but 'absolutely gutted' the rams is probably a bit of hyperbole. They had a down year but they will be in your face for YEARS to come. I mean youll have to pay garroppolo too right? So by your logic the niners are totally ****ed in a year or two? Right?
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #3034
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
How's KC's drafting record outside of Mahomes
Just check out this past draft... the Chiefs hit on virtually all of their draft picks (in a draft without a first round draft pick).
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #3035
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
49ers and Chiefs OLs are extremely comparable, IMO.

Solid book-end Ts w/ questionable interior line play. And the problem with both IOLs isn't that they are routinely bad, it's that they're fairly inconsistent. Both will do their jobs very well at times and look like they've never worn pads before at other times.

And just as injury could have improved the 49ers OL, replacing Wylie w/ Wiz has almost certainly improved the Chiefs OL as well.

I also think it's worth noting that the Chiefs DL is comparable to the 49ers DL in how it matches up vs. its opponents strengths. Jones/Clark are a comparable duo to Buckner/Bosa w/ Clark playing at full strength. Where the 49ers are a little ahead is that they have Armstead as the 3rd leg of their stool and a strong rotational player in Ford. Against a passing offense, that's a real asset.

But now lets take a look at the 3rd leg and rotational player(s) the Chiefs have and how they matchup against the running defense of the 49ers. Pennel/Nnadi and Suggs are the Chiefs answer at opposte DE and DT, no? Well aren't Pennel/Nnadi and Suggs just as good against the rush as Armstead/Ford are against the pass? Those guys are DAMN strong run defenders.

I just think the OL/DL matchups are far closer to a wash than anyone is acknowledging. Would I trade our 'tertiary' players for theirs over a 16 game season? Oh without question. But going against this 49ers offense, I'd be hard-pressed to find 3 complementary players that are better equipped for the task than Nnadi, Pennel and Suggs.
Yep. I would say that the 49ers DL gets pretty thin once you get past the main 4-- too many injuries this year at that position. Because I haven't watched that many KC games this year, how good are these guys at stringing out plays along the line? Other KC fans have said that the 49ers and Titans run a similar run scheme, but having looked at that a bit, I'm not sure it is true...the 49ers seem to force more East-West movement (than the Titans) before their backs cut. Henry seems to run more right off tackle with straight away blocking.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #3036
MVP

Quote:
Yep. I would say that the 49ers DL gets pretty thin once you get past the main 4-- too many injuries this year at that position. Because I haven't watched that many KC games this year, how good are these guys at stringing out plays along the line? Other KC fans have said that the 49ers and Titans run a similar run scheme, but having looked at that a bit, I'm not sure it is true...the 49ers seem to force more East-West movement (than the Titans) before their backs cut. Henry seems to run more right off tackle with straight away blocking.
It's the same system, different personnel.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #3037
MVP

Quote:
Paying Goff absolutely gutted the Rams. Goff is no Mahomes (I say that begrudgingly as a Cal alum), but the roster will get thinner. How's KC's drafting record outside of Mahomes? You have to find gems in the lower rounds when you get cap constrained.
Tyreek Hill - 5th round
Travis Kelce - 3rd round
Kareem Hunt - 3rd round
Mecole Hardman - late 2nd round
Chris Jones - early 2nd round

Andy Reid also got DeSean Jackson in the 2nd round. Similar weapon to Tyreek, and I’m guessing everyone in the 1st round of that draft wishes they took him.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #3038
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Tyreek Hill - 5th round
Travis Kelce - 3rd round
Kareem Hunt - 3rd round

Andy Reid also got DeSean Jackson in the 2nd round. Similar weapon to Tyreek, and I’m guessing everyone in the 1st round of that draft wishes they took him.
And trading up to draft Mahomes.

What seems like an obvious decision now was far from it at the time.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #3039
Starter

Quote:
Ever heard of Brett Veach? And I know you're a homer but 'absolutely gutted' the rams is probably a bit of hyperbole. They had a down year but they will be in your face for YEARS to come. I mean youll have to pay garroppolo too right? So by your logic the niners are totally ****ed in a year or two? Right?
They could be. They're right under the cap now (~$4MM I think), and they have a few key guys coming up for new contracts this year, including Armstead. They are somewhat lucky that they signed JG to a contract (~$26MM/yr) that in hindsight looks pretty cheap. Compared to the contract Mahomes will get, JG's contract may give them around $15 MM more flexibility under the cap. (JG signed a 5 year deal last year).
Old 01-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #3040
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
And trading up to draft Mahomes.

What seems like an obvious decision now was far from it at the time.
Yep. Niners passed on Mahomes for Solomon Thomas. That team would be unbeatable with Mahomes.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #3041
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Paying Goff absolutely gutted the Rams. Goff is no Mahomes (I say that begrudgingly as a Cal alum), but the roster will get thinner.
They're also paying Aaron Donald quite a clip.

And they've mortgaged their future by trading away premium draft picks for people no longer on their roster (Peters) and for someone who they have to pay large or he will no longer be on their roster (Jalen Ramsey).

They're ****ed.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #3042
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
They could be. They're right under the cap now (~$4MM I think), and they have a few key guys coming up for new contracts this year, including Armstead. They are somewhat lucky that they signed JG to a contract (~$26MM/yr) that in hindsight looks pretty cheap. Compared to the contract Mahomes will get, JG's contract may give them around $15 MM more flexibility on contracts.

Garropolo is the 9th highest paid QB currently, he will be a FA in 3 years.

Mahomes will get paid next year on a long term deal. It might sting for a year or two but by the time 2023 rolls around , youll be the ones sweating it while we already have the deal done and the caps will go up. Yes for a year or two mahomes will be the highest paid QB but thats always how it goes..as time rolls on it means less and less. So in a way its better to get the deal done sooner.

I mean....if he is already the 9th highest paid guy and he is as good as you say he is...what do you think hes gonna want in 2023?
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #3043
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
They're also paying Aaron Donald quite a clip.

And they've mortgaged their future by trading away premium draft picks for people no longer on their roster (Peters) and for someone who they have to pay large or he will no longer be on their roster (Jalen Ramsey).

They're ****ed.
Overpaying the RB position as well.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #3044
Starter

Quote:

Jimmy G is already signed. But yeah contract is up in 2 years.

Perfect scenario for me would be trading Jimmy for a 1st and throwing in extra picks to try and get Trevor Lawrence when he declares. Wishful thinking... but that’d be great.
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #3045
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Tyreek Hill - 5th round
Travis Kelce - 3rd round
Kareem Hunt - 3rd round

Andy Reid also got DeSean Jackson (Go Bears!) in the 2nd round. Similar weapon to Tyreek, and I’m guessing everyone in the 1st round of that draft wishes they took him.
Nice choices that have (mostly) worked out. Hill dropped (I thought) because of his off field issues, is that not the case. The 49ers took a few risky guys like that in recent years that did not work out (e.g., Reuben Foster). Wasted picks.