Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #30316
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I'd prefer that it is left up to the individual to decide.

Let's be real, if it was as easy to transmit as Seedy is implying, we'd ALL have it by now.
It's your right to do whatever you want (provided it's not mandatory in your area), but it's absolutely true that we'd all be better off if everyone wore a mask. I think it's strange to refuse to do just because...what? It makes you look funny? It's mildly uncomfortable? It's just odd to me that this, of all things, is the hill people are choosing to die on.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #30317
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
I'd prefer that it is left up to the individual to decide.

Let's be real, if it was as easy to transmit as Seedy is implying, we'd ALL have it by now.
We reduced social contacts by some large percentage for the past two months. That might have something to do with why, we don't all have it. As states are opening up, infection rates are going up.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #30318
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Wrong.

Ok I'd have to cough in their general direction while within 43" of them.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #30319
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
I respect your decision to do what you feel is necessary.

But not wearing one at all times doesn't make someone an asshole.
I wear a mask less than 1% of the time. It's not a big inconvenience to me to protect others when I do go out. Compared to all the other shit I have to put up with because of this goddamned virus. I can do this for other people.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #30320
Kind of a mod

Quote:
You're aware that a single attendee at a choir rehearsal infected 52 in Washington (2 died), right? You definitely don't have to cough right next to someone.

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...vent-in-report
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #30321
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
One of those droplets contains over 1000 virons.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:09 PM   #30322
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's your right to do whatever you want (provided it's not mandatory in your area), but it's absolutely true that we'd all be better off if everyone wore a mask. I think it's strange to refuse to do just because...what? It makes you look funny? It's mildly uncomfortable? It's just odd to me that this, of all things, is the hill people are choosing to die on.
Assholes and stupid people.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #30323
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
We reduced social contacts by some large percentage for the past two months. That might have something to do with why, we don't all have it. As states are opening up, infection rates are going up.
Ok.

Look, don't take this as me being cavalier about the entire situation. I'm using as many reasonable common sense measures as I can. I have masks with me at all times and I'm not against using them if I feel it is necessary. But my god...I see people walking their dogs and jogging and mowing their lawns with them on.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:11 PM   #30324
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
You're aware that a single attendee at a choir rehearsal infected 52 in Washington (2 died), right? You definitely don't have to cough right next to someone.

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...vent-in-report
Yes, that's a situation with lots of people in close proximity. That's not the same as me running into Quiktrip for a pack of smokes.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:11 PM   #30325
The talking stonehead

Quote:
I wear mine when I’m checking out at stores or in busy places, but I don’t wear one when I’m outside. You’ll never convince me that breathing in a mask all day is better than getting fresh air. You don’t like it then stay 6 feet away from me. (Not you specifically DaFace, just a general statement)
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #30326
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Ok.

Look, don't take this as me being cavalier about the entire situation. I'm using as many reasonable common sense measures as I can. I have masks with me at all times and I'm not against using them if I feel it is necessary. But my god...I see people walking their dogs and jogging and mowing their lawns with them on.
Stupid people on the other side of the spectrum. They don't need to be wearing a mask. But at least they aren't hurting anyone.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:13 PM   #30327
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
I wear mine when I’m checking out at stores or in busy places, but I don’t wear one when I’m outside. You’ll never convince me that breathing in a mask all day is better than getting fresh air. You don’t like it then stay 6 feet away from me. (Not you specifically DaFace, just a general statement)
I have trouble believing it's a huge issue outside provided you're not near people for more than a few moments. I'd still wear one in a crowd though.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:14 PM   #30328
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Assholes and stupid people.
That's just your opinion, man.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:19 PM   #30329
The talking stonehead

Quote:
I have trouble believing it's a huge issue outside provided you're not near people for more than a few moments. I'd still wear one in a crowd though.
They let me into Arrowhead this season I’ll wear a plastic bag over my mouth if they tell me that’s what I need to do.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:21 PM   #30330
The Maintenance Guy

My favorite is the people wearing them while driving by themselves.