Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #3016
Andy Reid Supporter

30+ points in 6/8 games against cover 3 the last 2 years.

1 of those games we had 24 points at the end of the 3rd and took our foot off the pedal when it was 24-9

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #3017
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Serious talk about the 49ers:

After watching the breakdown done by their version of Seth Kaysor, it’s going to be really interesting seeing how the Chiefs attack the 49ers Cover 3 looks.

I’m interested to see if the 49ers try to go to a dime look like San Diego, or if they try to use their nickel set and rely on the speed of Warner and Alexander/Greenlaw to make it work.

That seems to be what their guy thinks San Francisco is going to do.

They tried that, basically, last year, and KC found a ton of success throwing it. They actually ran the ball really poorly despite Hunt’s presence. Ford and Bosa are big additions, obviously, to the 49ers pass rush that change the equation a bit... but it will come down to patience and decision making.

I think the Chargers athleticism in the secondary and specifically Derwin James have been the keys to “slowing” KC (though I think it should be noted KC is averaging 30 PPG against them the past 2 years, with the low output being a game played on a horrible field that negated some of KC’s speed).

Going to be interesting to watch, for sure.

For KC, I think the pass defense will be really interesting. The Chiefs have been excellent-elite against deep passes this year, but Samuel and Kittle’s YAC ability is scary. I expect Spagnuolo to try to muddy up the middle of the field with disguised coverage to help with that, too.

Overall, it’s going to require a really strong fundamental effort all the way around from Kc’s D. DL and LB have to flow and fill their gaps against the zone blocking scheme. LB and secondary have to make sure tackled when the 49ers throw.
Ford and Bosa aren't the only relevant changes. At LB, you have Greenlaw and Alexander who replaced Malcolm Smith / Cassius Marsh and Reuben Foster (who got absolutely torched in the passing game). The speed and athleticism of the LBs is much higher. In the defensive secondary, Sherman only played half the snaps. Mahomes faced the daunting combination of Exum, Colbert, Witherspoon and Reed. It's a slightly different team KC will be facing this time around.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #3018
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hern View Post
Serious question not regarding the superbowl...

How long do you guys think you guys have this superbowl window open? Looking at your cap situation, KC is around $15 mill under? That’s without paying Mahomes. I asked in the Mahomes thread how much will he realistically make yearly, answer was about $40-$45 mill a year.

Do you guys feel that with him making so much will affect the way this team is built? Obviously pieces will have to go.

Side note: let’s see how many times I get called idiot for asking a simple question. Lol.
I think Sammy Watkins and Chris Jones will have to go.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #3019
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They didn't back into it - they won the game they had to. But man it took some weird shit for it to happen and in the process the myth of the dominant NFC was destroyed, IMO.
Shit, if the refs had even reviewed that OBVIOUS defensive pass interference, Seattle has the ball on the 1 yard line with like 40 seconds left, and that's plenty of time for 3 passes and a run if they don't pass it in...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #3020
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I think it has potential to be a great game. Both teams have a lot of talent and good coaching.
Exactly! Enjoy the journey. The only thing that could ruin it is too many penalty calls or a lopsided game. I hope it comes down to the last series.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #3021
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:

How long do you guys think you guys have this superbowl window open? Looking at your cap situation, KC is around $15 mill under? That’s without paying Mahomes. I asked in the Mahomes thread how much will he realistically make yearly, answer was about $40-$45 mill a year.

Do you guys feel that with him making so much will affect the way this team is built? Obviously pieces will have to go.

Side note: let’s see how many times I get called idiot for asking a simple question. Lol.
The cap is expected to increase dramatically with the next CBA. It should not be an issue.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #3022
left blank intentionally

Quote:

New CBA. We're going to be fine.

Thanks for asking.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #3023
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Everyone talking about blocking up the 9ers front 4, justifiably so, they're good.

But do the 9ers have the interior OL to block Chris Jones?

They face Aaron Donald twice a year. Think they’ll do ok with Jones. Donald got his sacks but didn’t really dominate the way he usually does.

Last edited by Hern; 01-24-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Hern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutHern is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #3024
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
I hope it comes down to the last series.
I'll bet you do. That's about the best you can hope for...
Old 01-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #3025
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo19 View Post
Do you guys promise to play goaline defense like you did against Henry? With a single deep safety, whatever his name is, and linebackers shadowing our RB?

Please please please do!
Did you even watch the game? Cause it sure doesn’t seem like it.

We only played a ‘stacked’ box against then Titans on 11% of their offensive snaps.

And the goal line defense that you are referring to that we used in the middle of the field against Henry was literally used TWO times the entire ****ing game by Spags, outside of actual goal line formations when the Titans were inside the 5.

So we spent 85% of the game NOT using a stacked box against Henry and the Titans excellent running game. Probably similar to what you will see against us.

Please do a little more research before making stupid hyperbolic statements. It makes you look dumb.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #3026
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:

You have to remember that prices (& caps) go up and up and up and what seems like a crazy deal at 1st looks pretty good by a few years into the contract. I expect (barring injury of course) like a decade of deep playoff runs with mahomes.....im sure there will be some bad years and years where we lose guys and stuff...I am not expecting a brady type of dynasty where we are disappointed not winning 12 games every single year.....But I do expect a winning culture and a decade+ of having a real shot. Clearly QB is the single most important piece and we have that. Pay the man and worry about the money later...yes it will hurt at 1st but the sting will fade.

Quote:

Idiot
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #3027
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8bil View Post
Questionable. Garland has gotten better in place of Richburg, but I would agree that is a point of vulnerability.
49ers and Chiefs OLs are extremely comparable, IMO.

Solid book-end Ts w/ questionable interior line play. And the problem with both IOLs isn't that they are routinely bad, it's that they're fairly inconsistent. Both will do their jobs very well at times and look like they've never worn pads before at other times.

And just as injury could have improved the 49ers OL, replacing Wylie w/ Wiz has almost certainly improved the Chiefs OL as well.

I also think it's worth noting that the Chiefs DL is comparable to the 49ers DL in how it matches up vs. its opponents strengths. Jones/Clark are a comparable duo to Buckner/Bosa w/ Clark playing at full strength. Where the 49ers are a little ahead is that they have Armstead as the 3rd leg of their stool and a strong rotational player in Ford. Against a passing offense, that's a real asset.

But now lets take a look at the 3rd leg and rotational player(s) the Chiefs have and how they matchup against the running defense of the 49ers. Pennel/Nnadi and Suggs are the Chiefs answer at opposte DE and DT, no? Well aren't Pennel/Nnadi and Suggs just as good against the rush as Armstead/Ford are against the pass? Those guys are DAMN strong run defenders.

I just think the OL/DL matchups are far closer to a wash than anyone is acknowledging. Would I trade our 'tertiary' players for theirs over a 16 game season? Oh without question. But going against this 49ers offense, I'd be hard-pressed to find 3 complementary players that are better equipped for the task than Nnadi, Pennel and Suggs.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #3028
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Saying this as a friend :

IDIOT
Old 01-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #3029
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Shit, if the refs had even reviewed that OBVIOUS defensive pass interference, Seattle has the ball on the 1 yard line with like 40 seconds left, and that's plenty of time for 3 passes and a run if they don't pass it in...
The pass interference review has been weird this season. They instituted the review process to avoid the Rams / Saints outcome, but there were so many times I saw reviews where there was obvious contact and the call on the field stood. Seems like the review process is inconsistent, game to game and week to week. I was listening to a Bay Area show yesterday that talked about SB penalties, and they predicted based on a review of prior games that the refs would "let them play". Will be interesting to see who takes most advantage of that approach, if it is true.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #3030
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:

We’re in good hands with our GM. He’s been nails I’m the draft, as well as letting players go when they’re not worth paying (unlike Dorsey). He’s also been ridiculously good at dumpster diving for talented players during the season. Hardman, Thornhill, Fenton, Nnadi, and the list goes on as far as draft picks that have players that have delivered well for us. I have faith in Veach making it work. I mean he just rebuilt the defense enough to get us to the SB in the offseason. Completely different team and scheme and they’re playing well.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.