Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #30121
Supporter

Quote:
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
That's exactly what happened when the beaches were closed: Everyone hit the parks and trails, which were so overwhelmed that the mayor closed them as well.

The heat wave we experienced the past 10 days or so is now over, so people won't be packing the beach for at least a week or so. But once summer is here, there's nothing the city will be able to do to enforce this order.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #30122
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Yeah this is being overdramatic. You certainly don't think New York's economy is really doing great right now. If you become a hotspot, you're toast.
Some still believe the economy would have been fine with zero mitigation.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #30123
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That's just crazy though.

If I were an official I wouldn't ever put a date on it. If you hit that date and have to extend, you're gonna get shit on.
I always preferred the word indefinitely but a lot of people have to imagine a finish line.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #30124
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That's exactly what happened when the beaches were closed: Everyone hit the parks and trails, which were so overwhelmed that the mayor closed them as well.

The heat wave we experienced the past 10 days or so is now over, so people won't be packing the beach for at least a week or so. But once summer is here, there's nothing the city will be able to do to enforce this order.
Yeah, I'm not seeing people behaving for another 10 weeks, through the end of July, it's just not happening.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #30125
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not seeing people behaving for another 10 weeks, through the end of July, it's just not happening.
Pretty good deals on AR-15 kits!
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:04 PM   #30126
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That's to be expected with any antiviral. HIV, Hep B, and Hep C are all treated through combination therapy. The advantage those drugs have is that we've had time to tailor medicinal chemistry to specific components of replication, fusion, attachment, or viral entry.

Remdesevir will be more efficacious the earlier it's used, but there isn't going to be enough of it to use it early. With that said, a modest reduction in hospitalization time, the 31% he is referring to, still helps with resource allocation and reduction of stress on the system...if the hospitals can get it, which is still extremely difficult.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:04 PM   #30127
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Wait until the look around the country and see most everyone else opened up as well. Woof.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #30128
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Wait until the look around the country and see most everyone else opened up as well. Woof.
And paid the price.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:14 PM   #30129
I love your mom

Quote:
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
Our fishing season opens this weekend and we live on the shores of biggest lake in central Ontario, after 8 months of being indoors from winter and this virus it is going to be difficult to keep people from flocking to the lake from across the provinvce. Which I understand and just don,t want to go backward and have to start over.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #30130
Forever Royal

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
LA County 'with all certainty' extending stay at home order through JULY per the LA Times.

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday https://t.co/jswRcZ5FkS— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 12, 2020

You are really messing with people’s psychological makeup with this. What you are really doing is asking people to live in a situation, for a prolonged period of time, that induces fear, anxiety, anger, frustration, etc. that also prohibits a large number of them from doing the things that would otherwise alleviate those negative emotions. It is no surprise that people will be ignoring this. They almost have to. You can’t ask people to live in such a heightened mental state for so long. It goes against our very nature to seek joy and comfort and to take steps in reducing stress.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #30131
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, it's just too much to ask, especially during the summer months.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #30132
Cheat Death

I'd rather Pritzker just come out and say through July to us instead of yanking the football away while on our approach every 2 weeks. Continually getting people's hopes up is going to ramp up the backlashes.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:20 PM   #30133
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'd rather Pritzker just come out and say through July to us instead of yanking the football away while on our approach every 2 weeks. Continually getting people's hopes up is going to ramp up the backlashes.
This is where I'd be too.

Thet can always end it early if it's not needed. Sucks to keep pushing the dates back
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #30134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
This is where I'd be too.

Thet can always end it early if it's not needed. Sucks to keep pushing the dates back
And they are going to get pushed back again at this rate.

I'm looking at you, PHX.

There's no reason for me to consider going back until the end of the month. Things are starting to open up, Ducey will likely let the stay at home order expire on the 15th - and then by the end of the month you'll see a massive spike in cases.

Then we do this all over again.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #30135
#RIPAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
That's exactly what my county (Los Angeles) is going to announce. Stay-at-home through July.

Our city (Palmdale) and Lancaster have petitioned the county to be given exemption because of our location and different numbers. I'm really hoping that works out because people are losing their ever-loving minds over this.
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.