Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2023, 05:53 PM  
Banned

The Bills take the AFC this seasom

Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #2986
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless View Post
no he didn't possess the ability to go farther.

winning a playoff game is the farthest that type of play gets you any more. We've seen what it takes to go farther. And that ain't it.

As far as giving the guy a participation trophy , I think it's insulting to him., the team and everyone else involved. The idea that Smith had much of anything to do with what Mahomes is , is absurd. Look at the preseason games from 2017. Mahomes showed up ready. The things mahomes does are not anything he got from Smith.

You wanna the guy a participation trophy? LOL. why?
Well, I think the best reason for giving him one is that it would make your pussy hurt even more. And if you think Smith taking Pat under his wing, as opposed to the treatment he would have received from some douche like Rodgers, isn't important, then you're just a ****ing idiot. Mahomes himself has credited Smith's tutelage as a key to his success on numerous occasions. Maybe you should give him a thumbs down too.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:35 AM   #2987
Veteran

The Allen is better than Mahomes stuff is to be expected. Same old Manning is a better passer and more talented than Brady even though Brady won all the rings.

Honestly a lot of this stuff is normal rationalization/cope after losing in the playoffs. It's a tough pill to swallow, and we've been there pre-Mahomes, but eventually you have to accept it and move on to next season.

The last comment though is just sad. Wants his team to be recognized for its greatness for doing nothing rather than waiting for them to actually win and earn it.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM   #2988
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, I think the best reason for giving him one is that it would make your pussy hurt even more. And if you think Smith taking Pat under his wing, as opposed to the treatment he would have received from some douche like Rodgers, isn't important, then you're just a ****ing idiot. Mahomes himself has credited Smith's tutelage as a key to his success on numerous occasions. Maybe you should give him a thumbs down too.
What do you expect a winner like pat to say? That the game managing mid who we traded away to the Commanders to get out of the way was meaningless in my career?

yes sure give him a participation trophy for letting the trade happen LOL

how about s trophy for not throwing TDs to a WR for a whole season
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:40 AM   #2989
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
The Allen is better than Mahomes stuff is to be expected. Same old Manning is a better passer and more talented than Brady even though Brady won all the rings.

Honestly a lot of this stuff is normal rationalization/cope after losing in the playoffs. It's a tough pill to swallow, and we've been there pre-Mahomes, but eventually you have to accept it and move on to next season.

The last comment though is just sad. Wants his team to be recognized for its greatness for doing nothing rather than waiting for them to actually win and earn it.
That's just their weirdo belief that Allen is better than Mahomes as a passer, though. He's really not.

Allen is better than Mahomes at getting trucked on QB runs and looking dopey and stupid at the ends of playoff games. That's about it.

It's what Nick Wright said a year or two ago. There is no Brady/Manning rivalry between Mahomes and Allen. Mahomes gets to be Brady AND Manning. Allen gets to be... old man Brett Favre?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:45 AM   #2990
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Definitely when it comes to rationalizing the gap between say the Alex Smith Chiefs and the true SB contenders... the "just get in and anything can happen" bullshit, being naive about playoff experience and franchise QBs.

But.... redefining dynasty to include all teams with good regular season records? Yeah, that one is new to me.

The Ravens and Packers are only two wins behind, so we're currently witnessing 4 dynasties?

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/bes...m-last-5-years

Amazing thing about the Chiefs stats in that link is if you include postseason their winning percentage actually goes up. They have an .875 (14-2) in that 5 years in the playoffs compared with .759 in the regular season. And the number of wins gap goes off the chart. Crazy stuff.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-19-2024, 11:46 AM   #2991
Emporer of Mongo

Anyone who thinks allen is a better passer than mahomes is nuts. I think Allen is a better runner but I that is extremely dangerous and they are gonna get burnt by going to those plays too often. Allen can throw some pretty passes .. but Mahomes makes so many plays that just make you go "that was the best play I've ever seen".. And he just keeps doing it over and over... Its glorious.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:47 AM   #2992
Forever Royal

Quote:
no he didn't possess the ability to go farther.

winning a playoff game is the farthest that type of play gets you any more. We've seen what it takes to go farther. And that ain't it.
These are really two different things. His typical style of play wouldn’t get you further, but he had the abilities to play beyond that style. He could have ran more, thrown downfield or past the sticks more, taken more risks, etc but that just wasn’t him.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:49 AM   #2993
In Search of a Life

Allen has the ability to match Pat. I don't know that anyone else really does if they are both just playing at their best.

Burrow probably does as well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:52 AM   #2994
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
What do you expect a winner like pat to say? That the game managing mid who we traded away to the Commanders to get out of the way was meaningless in my career?

yes sure give him a participation trophy for letting the trade happen LOL

how about s trophy for not throwing TDs to a WR for a whole season
Let me guess - you're one of those clowns who believes that Pat would have won three Super Bowls if the Bears had drafted him, right?

Pat's success was the result of a perfect storm. Not only his immense talent and upside, but going to the right team, with the right coach and the right support system. They all combined to create what we have now. Whether you like it or not, Smith was a part of that, regardless of his on field failures. I hated Smith the quarterback as much as anybody. Nobody was as happy as I was when they traded him away. But Smith the mentor made up for it.

Amazing that I got your labia to swell so much over a post where I likened him to Huard.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:55 AM   #2995
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
These are really two different things. His typical style of play wouldn’t get you further, but he had the abilities to play beyond that style. He could have ran more, thrown downfield or past the sticks more, taken more risks, etc but that just wasn’t him.
not sure what you mean , I guess.

He was smart, I get that. He was tough. He did have good athletic abilities. But vision is also ability. I think one of the things that separates winning QBs of today is looking downfield. That's why Lamar lost.. he didn't look downfield under pressure. That's also an ability. Keeping your cool and looking downfield. Another one is ball velocity. Mahomes has that extra ball velocity to allow him to hit tighter windows more accurately farther down field. And creativity... making something out of nothing... instead of checking down or shitting your pants. The mental attitude of the killer instinct...

style is a function of your ability... Smith did not have the ability to do these things consistently so it wasn't his style. Pat does and it is.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:59 AM   #2996
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
That's just their weirdo belief that Allen is better than Mahomes as a passer, though. He's really not.

Allen is better than Mahomes at getting trucked on QB runs and looking dopey and stupid at the ends of playoff games. That's about it.

It's what Nick Wright said a year or two ago. There is no Brady/Manning rivalry between Mahomes and Allen. Mahomes gets to be Brady AND Manning. Allen gets to be... old man Brett Favre?
Yeah it's just cope. Complaints that Mahomes only wins because he has the better team despite being "worse" (not really) compared to Allen.

Let's ignore the fact that Allen for the better part of his career has almost always had a better defense compared to Mahomes and he still can't win the big game. Let's ignore Allen totally had multiple chances to beat us this year, got every lucky bounce possible, and still couldn't put us away.

Eventually, you have to beat the man to be the man.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:00 PM   #2997
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Let me guess - you're one of those clowns who believes that Pat would have won three Super Bowls if the Bears had drafted him, right?

no that's just you changing the goalposts. I think Reid , Veach , Kelce and also having a crap defense to force Pat to have to score so much... I agree "perfect storm" is a great take.

I just don't think it mattered if it was Alex Smith . he was not important factor in that "storm" . replace Alex Smith with any other QB other than Alex Smith and actually use YOUR logic.

You're telling me we don't win Suberbowls in 2019, 2022, and 2023 if it's a different QB under Reid in 2017. Bullshit and hilarious.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:10 PM   #2998
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Some good light early week reading.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...in-the-league/

A few highlights.
That fanbase is like their QB. It sees a shiny object and freezes staring into. Defense Coordinators probably tell their players to wear something that catches the light. Then use it to distract Allen. The Bills may have to change the rules about all clothing and accessories have a satin finish
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:12 PM   #2999
Forever Royal

Quote:
not sure what you mean , I guess.

He was smart, I get that. He was tough. He did have good athletic abilities. But vision is also ability. I think one of the things that separates winning QBs of today is looking downfield. That's why Lamar lost.. he didn't look downfield under pressure. That's also an ability. Keeping your cool and looking downfield. Another one is ball velocity. Mahomes has that extra ball velocity to allow him to hit tighter windows more accurately farther down field. And creativity... making something out of nothing... instead of checking down or shitting your pants. The mental attitude of the killer instinct...

style is a function of your ability... Smith did not have the ability to do these things consistently so it wasn't his style. Pat does and it is.

Yes, Smith did not have the ability to be Mahomes. Obviously. What he did have is the ability to be better than he was and maybe go a round or two further in the playoffs. But he valued conservative play more than making plays.

It’s not a coincidence that probably his best two seasons, 2012 and 2017, came when he was probably thinking he was in his last season with the respective team and felt pressure to play better. Both seasons were his highest two Y/A and AY/A by a pretty large margin. He had the abilities to be better.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:13 PM   #3000
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
no that's just you changing the goalposts. I think Reid , Veach , Kelce and also having a crap defense to force Pat to have to score so much... I agree "perfect storm" is a great take.

I just don't think it mattered if it was Alex Smith . he was not important factor in that "storm" . replace Alex Smith with any other QB other than Alex Smith and actually use YOUR logic.

You're telling me we don't win Suberbowls in 2019, 2022, and 2023 if it's a different QB under Reid in 2017. Bullshit and hilarious.
Oh, I'M THE ONE moving the goalposts? That's ****ing rich.

The answer is, who the **** knows? Would Pat have weathered the storm had Smith been a truculent, petty douche to the guy he absolutely knew was going to take his job, who was selected specifically because he wasn't good enough? Probably, but not as well. And what effect would it have had on the team and Reid's handling of things, if they had to deal with a bunch of internal butthurt and infighting?

It all mattered. Every little bit of it.