Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2022, 04:48 AM  
Fish are scared of me

****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****

Stock Discussion

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 08-19-2023 at 11:46 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:44 AM   #286
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I've made two stock trades since Feb 1st in my trading account.

I'm not good at shorting and I don't like guessing.

Professional traders talk about how they will sit out months/years at a time as to not lose capital in down turns. Once the market reverses, they can achieve super performance because they will have a larger sum to trade with then someone losing money trying to trade during a correction or bear market.
The last 7 days I've made 5 winning trades in this shitfest of a market

ARCT 11.48%
AXSM 10%
ARCT 10%
ATER 6.3%
ATER 5.0%

Several of those could have made 20% plus but I learned that it's best for me to just set a sell limit right after I buy and just walk away. When I've tried to find the top and sell before they come back down I fail.

1 loser URYL , and that was my fault as I didn't get my sell order set after I bought it and it tanked before I got home . Could have made 10%.

How can a professional trader claim to be a professional and sit out a year? If they are professional I'd think they understand options well enough to make money in a bear market.

Anyway, technical analysis is overrated IMO. Even warren Buffett says professional traders seldom beat the S&P.

I wish I was comfortable with options but I just can't get there.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:36 AM   #287
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Not seeing anything on Stocktwits that makes me want to swing TDOC.
Checking it this morning it was down to 31.83(-43%) premarket around 6:30.

Lets pretend we buy there and see what today brings. It's a bad eR so it'll be interesting.

35.01 would be a 10% scalp

Several buyers on ST loading up, others just bashing Cathie , TDOC is one of her major holdings

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 04-28-2022 at 05:44 AM..
Old 04-28-2022, 10:24 AM   #288
MVP

Cathie chose the wrong occupation she should just step down.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #289
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Cathie chose the wrong occupation she should just step down.
CP HEDGE FUND > ARK INVESTS
Old 04-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #290
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
As a random observation, I've purchased a few stocks from The Motley Fool's "Can't Miss" free list. For the most part, they've underperformed.
Quote:

Lets pretend we buy there and see what today brings. It's a bad eR so it'll be interesting.

Several buyers on ST loading up, others just bashing Cathie , TDOC is one of her major holdings
Just FYI, Motley Fool has in the past touted Teladoc as one of their "no-brainers". Fortunately, I've been learning and didn't buy any.

I'm starting to formulate a hypothesis that doing the opposite of what Motley Fool suggests could be a good strategy.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:39 AM   #291
MVP

AMC>ARK Funds
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:06 AM   #292
Fish are scared of me

https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/PremarketTrading

FLWS popped up right under TDOC about 30 minutes before market open

That would have been the play.

Could have bought at 9.07 high today so far is 10.74 (18% gain)

Could have set a 10% limit sell and walked away. Trying to catch the top is hard unless you see it running and get a trailing stop set to follow.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #293
Veteran

Bit of a nice recovery underway
F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #294
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Just FYI, Motley Fool has in the past touted Teladoc as one of their "no-brainers". Fortunately, I've been learning and didn't buy any.

I'm starting to formulate a hypothesis that doing the opposite of what Motley Fool suggests could be a good strategy.
I read Motley Fool's input about once a week and am a bit underwhelmed. I'll add using "fool" in your brand name as an investment advisor is a poor choice.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:28 PM   #295
Politically Incorrect

Amazon and Apple just torpedoed the stock recovery.

Prepare Thy Anus for tomorrow
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:37 PM   #296
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

Yup. This market rebound today was not real.

Down we go tomorrow.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:50 PM   #297
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

TDOC hit 34.40 which would have made an 8% trade. But actually it could have been bought down around 28 which could have made 20%
Old 04-28-2022, 03:51 PM   #298
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

At least FB had a good day, I needed that.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #299
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
At least FB had a good day, I needed that.
Me too.

I bought 4 stocks to trade a few months back and Im getting clobbered.

FB, DIS, TLRY, F

I'm so glad I don't trade on margin or I would have been flushed out.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #300
Fish are scared of me

Taking a swing on ACCD ,it showed up on the screener this morning. Just got in a 5.59

Might take a couple days but I think 10% can be made.

Or lost!