Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 11:26 AM  
Veteran

Will Kelce play long enough to break all TE records

Going with the "Will Reid end up coaching long enough to become all time wins HC" thread.

Will Kelce play long enough to break all the TE records?

REC Yards: 15,127 Tony G, Travis at 11,328
REC: 1,325 Tony G, Travis at 907
TDs: 116 Gates, Travis at 74

REC YDS/G: 71.2 Travis

Thoughts?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Before swift and his podcast blowing up. I think he would have stayed to break most of them. Now, I think he plays 2 or 3 years. Less if he knocks her up.
Pfft. Once that baby is born having a job is sometimes your only escape!
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #17
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Pfft. Once that baby is born having a job is sometimes your only escape!
He will be a stay at home dad and podcast with random acting jobs.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #18
In Search of a Life

Nah. He's not gonna hang around and chase I would doubt.

But if Pat is still going strong, hell why not?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #19
#triggering

Given his age and if they win another ring… no way, he will step aside on top and bypass the grind for another 3 years.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #20
In Search of a Life

Im really optimistic about Wiley. Doubt he'll be as good as Kelce. But he can hopefully be good enough to take meaningful regular season snaps that don't kill us when Kelce is off the field. If he does well I can see Kelce becoming more of a platoon regular season tight end. He won't be breaking regular season records but that's going to make us a dangerous super bowl favorite for even longer
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #21
Dazed and Confused

Unfortunately, no, I don't think so. As someone already mentioned, he got a slow start, and seems to be running out of time. But playoff records will be his for quite some time.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #22
TACO SALAD

naaw, the fact that he's kept up this pace until now has been amazing but that's a lot of yards/receiving still.

I hope he wins a couple more championships though
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:48 PM   #23
Veteran

Put me in the minority that thinks if this dynasty keeps rolling...and he stays healthy...he plays well into his late 30s. If the dynasty keeps chugging I have a really hard time seeing Kelce or Reid step away in good health.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #24
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Given his age and if they win another ring… no way, he will step aside on top and bypass the grind for another 3 years.
That’s my fear. If he helps secure the threepeat and is still with Taylor, the pressure to go out on top will be amplified.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
This.

At first I thought he would do 2 more years guaranteed (the extension) but the more i think about it, if he finishes off the 3 peat this year, why come back? He will have nothing left to prove or accomplish. Kelce has already said he doesn't really care about all time records. He's got a billionaire g/f, a 100 mil. dollar podcast with his brother (who also just hung em up), he's still in pretty good shape and relatively healthy for a guy who's been playing NFL FB full time for 10+ years.

The appeal to 'enjoy the good life' will be too much I think. He'll also have a million off the field opportunities (movies, TV, broadcasting, etc.) so why continue 'the grind'. He's made it (in every way possible) and he'll still be in his mid 30's. That's a hell of a career.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #26

What you guys don't seem to get is that Kelce actually likes playing football. Why come back? To play football. He's said in the past he'd do it for free.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #27
YOU take YOUR seat

He'd probably have to play at least 5 more years. It's hard to imagine that
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #28
Supporter

Playoff Records matter far more to me that the regular season stuff.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #29

In this clip Travis basically indicates his cue to leave will be when his body breaks down and he can no longer do it. I still think that happens before he breaks these regular season stat records, but as long as the Chiefs are top contenders to win it all and his body is able to go, I don't buy for a minute he'll just step aside to "go out on top" or be an actor or anything else.

Old Today, 01:46 PM   #30
Rookie

Barring injury or some other unforeseen tragic incident, I think Kelce will finish out his current contract. Including this season (2024) that's 3 full seasons to break those records.

If Kelce plays each of those 3 at typical #87 beastly awesomeness, that's 3000 more yards. Not enough. Same for Receptions and TD's. Not enough time nor games to do it.

Does it matter? No. Focus on the records he DOES have. He's ahead of Jerry Rice in some categories. He not only has Tight End records, Kelce has broken significant Receiver records - as a Tight End. Travis will be fine and will for years be considered by most level-headed folk to be the best OVERALL TE to play the game. I want more rings for the dude, not more records. We all believe that, don't we?

Taylor Swift doesn't register nor factor in as a variable for me. Who a dude dates is irrelevant. I don't care. Be happy. Be sad. Just play to win on game day and play as if you WILL break those records (he won't).

After Kelce retires, I want him to be featured in the 7th installment of the Terminator film franchise. Obviously I'm not including the Sarah Connor Chronicles. However, if they did reboot SCC, Kelce would make an awesome T-888.

DONE

*NOTE* I edited this twice because I'm not working today so I'm typing this mess while high and with a few beers going...at 3PM

Last edited by RomanJacobi; Today at 01:52 PM..
RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.RomanJacobi is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.