Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2023, 02:16 AM  
For The Glory Of The City

Old Movie Recommendations

I have always been more of a music guy than a movie guy I feel like I have a good understanding of music from many different eras and can see the evolution of music to the stuff we enjoy (or for some don't enjoy lol) today.

I don't have that same base of understanding with movies.

I would love some recs from the Chiefs Planet brain trust of old movies I should watch I am going to spend time this fall and especially winter when things slow down and get a lot of movies in.

I signed up for the Criterion streaming service and there is a lot to dive into there. Generally I am drawn to stuff from the 40's 50's and 60's and enjoy noir stylized stuff but totally open minded.

First one I am watching is 1949's Obsession a British crime drama that has been fun so far.

Interested to see what people think are still worth watching today! Thanks in advance.

|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:07 AM   #16
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:28 AM   #17
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Dawn Patrol
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:09 AM   #18
Former Illinoisian

For music: The Music Man
Horror: The Legend of Hell House
Comedy: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world

Many terrific suggestions have been made for you.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:22 AM   #19
Spiraling down the Drain

High Plains Drifter
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #20
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Oh yea! Going to set aside an hour for this. Don't think I ever listened to all of it.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:11 PM   #21
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz_Chief View Post
Mrs. Miniver
The 7th Seal
Witness For The Prosecution
Rear Window
The Devil and Daniel Webster
The General
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Mr. Roberts
My favorite film that has John Wayne in it is Liberty Valence and that is an all time classic.

But my favorite John Wayne film is The Searchers.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 01:59 PM   #22
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
My favorite film that has John Wayne in it is Liberty Valence and that is an all time classic.

Both great movies but my personal favorite John Wayne movie is The Quiet Man.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:05 PM   #23
Immanentize The Eschaton

I just rewatched The Dirty Dozen again a while ago, very enjoyable. It is (very) loosely based on a true story. In Harm's Way is a great movie with John Wayne in it that isn't a John Wayne movie. Kelly's Heroes is another WWII movie from the 60's that is worth a watch. Top those off with The Longest Day.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 05:16 PM   #24
On Hiatus

12 Angry Men...

Grapes of Wrath
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:05 PM   #25
Starter

kelly's heroes from 1970
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 08:00 PM   #26
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post

The Searchers is truly excellent. You know when John Wayne walks out the door at the end? I swear that's how Mahomes walks.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:13 PM   #27
For The Glory Of The City

Lots of good options here thanks folks.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:19 PM   #28
Finisher

Didn't see it listed - Sergeant York. WWI Highly Decorated Hero. Gary Cooper is Outstanding.
KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCwolf is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:29 PM   #29
My work speaks for itself!!!

one of my all time faves: Steve McQueen, "The Great Escape"
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCwolf View Post
Didn't see it listed - Sergeant York. WWI Highly Decorated Hero. Gary Cooper is Outstanding.
This x1000. Walter Brennan too.

alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.