Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Are police dramas dead?
Yes 8 53.33%
No 5 33.33%
I'm a grown man and I like children's movies 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2022, 09:04 PM  
El Gato Gordo Loco

Are police dramas dead?

Are police dramas dead? I feel like they are going the way of the Western. Police are hated so much now in our society - I realize not by everyone - and grown men seem to like children's movies now about superhero instead of watching awesome cop dramas like Heat, The Departed, Fargo, The Fugitive, Die Hard, Traffic just to name a few.

Now it is just superhero movies in their place.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #16
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The wife still watches it. They brought in Gary Cole to replace Harmon as team leader, although Harmon is still shown in the opening credits for some reason.

I watched one episode while eating dinner recently. It was silly, but actually much better than the shitshow last season devolved into. I've always liked Cole as well. But I still have no intention of regularly watching it again.
Wait wait wait. Lumbergh and Ricky Bobby's dad is the new Gibbs?

Mind blown.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #17
sorta mod-ish

I'd love to strap BWillie to a chair Clockwork Orange style and make him watch all the Marvel movies and shows in chronological order.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
btw, that LIVE PD show was great. Real cops, real situations, showed you how terrible people were to cops in general.
When I worked in athletics, I roomed with the trainer on the road. We would just put Live PD on. Engaging stuff to watch. Also depressing as hell to see how some people allowed themselves to dissipate into worthlessness.

But it did show how tough the job is and how quickly it can go to hell.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #19
oxymoron

Maybe here. There are and have been some great crime dramasrunning in England.i just watched Vigil recently on Peacock and it's fantastic. Murder investigation on a submarine. Very cool

Bodyguard was really good, too. Not as recent.

And both, ironically, feature game of thrones actors

Better than anything similar from recent years on US tv by a long shot, imo.

I did like Mare of Easttown on HBO, though.

Also a Bosch fan
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #20
Live free or die hard

I check out Hawaii Five-O ever once in awhile but no I don't think the movies are dead. Always been a fan of Scott Caan and Grace Park makes for good eye candy.

The movies mentioned in OP are some classics. Especially 'The Departed'.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:11 PM   #21
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The only network TV show I still watch is Blue Bloods. Great show with a great cast, pretty consistently well done.

I finally gave up on NCIS last season. The whole Gibbs shitcanning his career over a ****ing dog thing, plus Fornell basically turning into Jar Jar Binks finally sealed it. Also, absolutely HATE the bitch who replaced Abby, never liked Jimmy, never liked Vance, and sorry, but I don't care how much of a badass they make Torres, when I see him, I still think Fes from That 70s Show. Bishop was no Ziva, but at least she was pretty and interesting. And while I don't dislike McGee, he's as bland as glass of milk and shouldn't be anything more than a supporting character. He swims in Dinozzo's shoes.

The reruns from the earlier seasons are so much better. Hell, I even prefer Kate to Ziva. Too bad Kate wasn't on the show longer. Jenny was great as the director. Too bad she wasn't on the show longer as well.

I guess Katrina Law has replaced Ted McGinley as the patron saint of shark jumping.
Kate did some nude scenes in Shameless. They're worth the watch. She's got a great body.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #22
pie is never free

Haven't watched one since Miami Vice
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:16 PM   #23
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I check out Hawaii Five-O ever once in awhile but no I don't think the movies are dead. Always been a fan of Scott Caan and Grace Park makes for good eye candy.

The movies mentioned in OP are some classics. Especially 'The Departed'.
That was another show I gave up on. It was always silly, but then they shitcanned Park and Daniel Dae Kim and it was never the same. Also, got tired of the alleged ex-SEAL doing shit like not shooting the bad guy between the eyes when he's told to drop his gun. The new Magnum PI exists in the same universe and suffers from the same stupidity. Chemistry and humor between the leads can only carry you so far. Plus, most Magnums are half catch the bad guy and half hamfisted weepy message pushing centered around the guys at the bar. Take that away and most of them are about as substantial as a half hour episode of Adam 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
What? Law and Order SVU is still going like 50 seasons strong. Should it be watched? Based on what I've heard passing by the TV while.my wife does, that's a no.
Shows about hunting down killers is one thing. SUV deals with shit like rape and child molestation. Every. Single. Week. No thanks.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:10 PM   #24
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
There are like twenty different shows titled with FBI or CSI. Plenty of it out there. Movies are just bigger and bigger so that genre isn’t made as much for the big screen.
Dick Wolf owns three nights of TV on two networks. Not sure if anyone has ever done that.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #25
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Dick Wolf owns three nights of TV on two networks. Not sure if anyone has ever done that.
Schlong Coyote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:03 PM   #26
MVP

This thread inspired me to finally watch The Shield. What a show! 2 episodes in and I'm more hooked than after watching "The Wire"
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #27
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
This thread inspired me to finally watch The Shield. What a show! 2 episodes in and I'm more hooked than after watching "The Wire"
The Shield was appointment viewing in the day.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:19 PM   #28
Supporter

I'm currently on season 3 of "The Wire".

It's been fantastic so far.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:21 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
btw, that LIVE PD show was great. Real cops, real situations, showed you how terrible people were to cops in general.
Dude Live PD showed how shit cops were for the most part. Constantly harassing people over minor shit.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:29 PM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I'm currently on season 3 of "The Wire".

It's been fantastic so far.
Dude. The Wire is an all timer. After that I decided to watch whatever Idris Elba is in. Even though the tech is comparatively a joke, it's still one of the best watches there has ever been.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.