Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2020, 01:21 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Rep Thread: My house is under contract!

I'm just happy. Bought a house nearly 15 years ago but then moved out about 7 years later. Instead of selling the house then, we decided to rent it out. The past 6 years we have just had the one tenant who, literally, never bothered me for anything (other than consistently being about a month behind on rent). That is 6 years of equity that I didn't have to do jack shit for other than chase her around for money every now and then.

She finally moved out and we decided to put the house on the market. From the time she moved out to the time the house was ready to show was about 10 days and we dropped about 3.5K getting it ready for sale. Listed the house and 48 hours later and we are under contract for $4k over my asking price.

I'm just gonna dole out rep here until it says I can't anymore. CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!

/cross fingers that the inspections goes off with no issues
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #16
MVP

good for you
get that dog some earrings

sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #17
Veteran

Dear Sir,

Please accept this response as a firm and sincere statement of happiness regarding the sale of your home. I couldn't be more excited for you! This is wonderful news, and I will be sure to mention this news to my Coworkers, family, neighbors and wife. I even just relayed this information to my dog! He even seems excited! He can't speak of course, but he wagged his tail!

Going forward, I wish you peace, happiness and most importantly, be excellent to each other.

Yours Truly,

Henry Chinaski

PS, I'm gonna go tell my cat!
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #18
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
good for you
get that dog some earrings

sec
I could get him some 80's style hoops and they would still look small on him.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #19
Diablo Negro

Good deal but I wouldn't be popping Champaign yet, there is still a lot that can happen. Are they paying cash?

Will your house appraise above asking?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #20
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Dear Sir,

Please accept this response as a firm and sincere statement of happiness regarding the sale of your home. I couldn't be more excited for you! This is wonderful news, and I will be sure to mention this news to my Coworkers, family, neighbors and wife. I even just relayed this information to my dog! He even seems excited! He can't speak of course, but he wagged his tail!

Going forward, I wish you peace, happiness and most importantly, be excellent to each other.

Yours Truly,

Henry Chinaski

PS, I'm gonna go tell my cat!
Old 08-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #21
Plays to win the game!

My wife and I put our house on the market for $10,000 above what our Realtor suggested and it sold the day after we put an offer down for our new house. We were blessed, but it only takes one buyer and our house was only on the market for about 18 hours.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #22
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I kind of worry that if I ever sell my house, the next owner will come in, pull up a floorboard, and discover a hidden fortune in cash and jewels from the 1920s.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:57 PM   #23
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Good deal but I wouldn't be popping Champaign yet, there is still a lot that can happen. Are they paying cash?

Will your house appraise above asking?
They have been pre-approved for the loan so that is set.

I've got two realtors working together on my side of things and they both stated that the appraisal should appraise for the amount on the contract but if not... it will be extremely close.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #24
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
My wife and I put our house on the market for $10,000 above what our Realtor suggested and it sold the day after we put an offer down for our new house. We were blessed, but it only takes one buyer and our house was only on the market for about 18 hours.
I knew the market in that area was popping but I never expected a 48 hour turnaround time. Had a friend selling a house in the same city but a much more expensive one. Took them 6 months to sell the thing and even then they had to sell it for 20k below asking with a shit ton of concessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I kind of worry that if I ever sell my house, the next owner will come in, pull up a floorboard, and discover a hidden fortune in cash and jewels from the 1920s.
This house is about 30 years newer... but I've been in the crawlspace and I know for sure there isn't cash and jewels though I did find old ass empty beer bottles down there along with a few pages from the local newspaper dated 1950.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #25
Has a particular set of skills

The house sold 2 doors down from me. I was curious and went on Zillow to see what it sold for..... Our house is way better....according to Zillow my house is up 28% since the Covid hit. I thought housing was down due to Covid?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #26
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Al Capone did spend a lot of time down here on vacation? There is a bar here that has a tunnel dug out underneath it that come up 2 blocks away. Most here think it was built in prohibition in case of raids so the patrons could escape but a lot think it was Capone's favorite bar and he finished the tunnel.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #27
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The house sold 2 doors down from me. I was curious and went on Zillow to see what it sold for..... Our house is way better....according to Zillow my house is up 28% since the Covid hit. I thought housing was down due to Covid?
Depends on the area and price range. The major industry in the town my house is in has had some major boons here recently and that is what is, mostly, driving the market in that area. Houses from 100-200k, apparently, just do not stay on the market at all.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #28
Why so serious?

Housing market statistics have been off the charts recently. Zero interest rates as far as the eye can see really help.

Congrats on your successful sale, sir.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #29
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Is this in KC

I constantly get postcards from the real estate equivalent of ambulance chasers asking me to sell my house because people want to buy here

oh and congrats!
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #30
Consuming CP souls

Nooooice!!!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.