Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2020, 08:25 AM  
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Rivers...I dunno...I can't hate this guy

His presser after the game:

He addresses the Chris Jones thing, and at the 10:40 or so mark tells a pretty cool story about a fan at Arrowhead that he's sorta gotten to know over the last many years, and a pretty cool OK Joe's story...

Anybody know who the fan is? He got Rivers' gloves after the game...

Say what you will about Rivers...he's a warrior, competitor and a helluva team mate by all accounts.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #16
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan View Post
I would have been fine with Rivers as Chiefs QB in his prime. Tough as nails. He could have helped a lot of teams make playoffs.
I like the guy.
Indeed. Imagine him at QB instead of say...Cassel...might have been able to take it all the way.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #17
best in the biz

He needs new surroundings..like five years ago.

good dude.

tough player.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:36 AM   #18
The man you could post like.

Pretty sure I saw a photo of him and Jones hugging it out after the game.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #19
In Search of a Life

Fun to cheer against on the field.

Easy to pull for off it.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #20
I’m a Mahomo!

Great guy off the field.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #21
I’m a Mahomo!

Rivers...I dunno...I can't hate this guy

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/12/...-fan-chargers/

“First of all, I was trying to see as many of those Chiefs guys as I could and wish ’em the best moving forward. Knowing that feeling that there’s more football left and you’re one of 12 is exciting and then to obviously find out that they get a bye and all… I love to go at it with those guys, as everybody knows, but I also have a great respect for guys and how they play and how hard they play, so afterward you wish them the best and tell them, ‘Go get em!'”

Later on, Rivers was asked about his verbal sparring with Chris Jones and what he thought of the Chiefs defensive tackle. You might be surprised at what he said.

“That was the first play of the game and I thought my leg was broke but thankfully it wasn’t,” said Rivers. “It was one of those deals where I thought it was a little cheap, just because I didn’t think he had to finish me. It was already called underneath and then he kinda finished me. But again, we talked after the game and even during a little break in the action. Shoot, it’s all good. Some of that is good for me to get me going a little bit. But shoot, what a player he is now. He’s up there, if not one, he’s a close second [among] defensive tackles in the league. He’s a heckuva player.”
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #22
Veteran

I've always liked rivers and the chargers are by far my least hated divisional rival (I still dislike the Seahawks more). But I think I like him more because they've never won anything. If his teams would have ever been great I think he would have become unbearable.
I would liken him to Stafford in that sense as someone else did but I've never gotten the impression that stafford would ever be anything other than what he is. I wish stafford would have a true contending team before he retires; rivers, I hope plays out his career on the chargers and maybe makes the playoffs as a wildcard a couple more times.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #23
Born to Ride

I can't say I hate the guy. But I always enjoyed watching him lose.

I wish him the best of luck in his life after football. I really believe he should walk away and enjoy his baseball team size family.
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #24
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Glad I’m not the only one.

Fiery competitor, candid, funny, family man.

I’ve always liked him, and loved beating him.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #25
Dean Spanos is a Traitor

Rivers was just another all-time great player whose HOF career was squandered by the Spanos family. Although he also didn't help himself by stepping in to save Norv's job multiple times and not demanding a trade when they moved to LA.
GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #26
MVP

It's easy to detest him when he starts screaming at everyone because he's losing. Ridiculous. No question he leaves it all on the field though. He'll charge a machine gun nest for ya.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #27
TACO SALAD

That was a great interview. I like how honest he is in a lot of the answers as opposed to just giving non-answers.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #28
Veteran

He will be missed. He was a thorn in the side of the Chiefs for a lot of years. Always seems to be good for the untimely interception or fumble. Has always been surrounded by a lot of talent and can't seem to get it done. Always gave the Chiefs trouble and that shot put delivery seems to work well for him.

Best of luck Phyllis, the NFL could use more players like him.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #29
Supporter

My mind changed when he was interviewed after winning at Denver on the road a long time ago.

It was the game where one of Denver’s scumbag linemen tried to end the career of a defender by diving into his legs at the end.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #30
Dean Spanos is a Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Tomlinson left in 2010 and they just never really recovered.
The decline had nothing to do with LT leaving. The Chargers had the league's #1 offense the season after he left, and only missed the playoffs because of one of the most inept special teams units in NFL history.

The real issues are that the Chargers started drafting poorly, kept Norv way too long and then hired Milquetoast McCoy to replace him.
GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GoChargers Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.