Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2018, 07:09 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Remodeling.....the nasty begins

We ripped a three level deck off the house and put on an entirely new 2 levels and has gone well....We ripped out 6 windows, redid them, all looks fantastic. And yesterday we emptied the kitchen cabinets. Today is demo the kitchen day....now shit gets real as they say. Will have electrician in weekend to do his magic, then drywall and get started on that part, all has to be done for Cabinet install July 16, hope countertops can do a 10 day turn and give s our life back.

Marrried since 73 but its like walkin on eggshells round these parts....

Survival tips?
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #16
Supporter

My recommendation: buy another house to live in during the renovation. It’ll be cheaper than divorce.

We did most of the remodeling before we moved in so we just waited a bit to close.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:06 PM   #17
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
My recommendation: buy another house to live in during the renovation. It’ll be cheaper than divorce.

We did most of the remodeling before we moved in so we just waited a bit to close.
Surprisingly, throughout all that I have done there were only a couple tense moments. 1st one was after we got the granite installed in the kitchen. I had to tear off all the old laminate backsplash that the assholes put in before the cabinets so it went up behind them. It was a bitch to get that last little bit cleaned up. And then I had to fix all the drywall for the tile. In order to do all of this, which was a several day project, I had to have everything off the countertops. She could not cope with that and kept putting crap all over them every day. Which annoyed me because i had to remove it every day.

She also quickly got annoyed with me working out on the garage until midnight or 1am every night. Hey it wasn't me that put the master bedroom right above it. Damn.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #18
MVP

Put as many outlets in as you can. I mean, like everywhere. Put outlets that have phone charging capabilities in a few places. Let the wife pick everything out. Spend extra now, as you will otherwise wish you had, and it'll cost you later to redo things.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
The Maintenance Guy

Oh, I guess there were the few issues of us leaving the gate open to the back yard when we were working on the shed, and her stupid shithead Pom-Chi got out of the yard. But that's her fault for getting a stupid shithead Pom-Chi.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #20
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Put as many outlets in as you can. I mean, like everywhere. Put outlets that have phone charging capabilities in a few places. Let the wife pick everything out. Spend extra now, as you will otherwise wish you had, and it'll cost you later to redo things.
I now have 22 outlets in my garage.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Excellent advice sir.

The exception I’d give is don’t buy dimmers. My parents renovated a house and bought these high dollar dimmers and now have to use incandescent bulbs everywhere.

My recommendation is use some accent lighting in addition to the main lights switched differently so you can have a lower light setting available.

EDIT: Under cabinet lights. Do it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #22
Supporter

These outlets are what tooge was referring to.

https://www.amazon.com/TOPELE-USB-Ou...b+outlet&psc=1

EDIT: Pic

Last edited by Buehler445; 06-27-2018 at 01:49 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 01:25 PM   #23
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
PIIHB
This.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #24
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj56dt58 View Post
sell and buy a new house or have one built
Did that. Always said yes to the wife. Problem solved.

Nothing tests a relationship more than a remodel. good luck
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #25
Supporter

Been doing my own since October on a country house we are moving into soon. Only thing I hired out was a custom 20’ steel beam, Sheetrock, mud and texture.

It’s pretty nice, and it’s really nice to send my employees out there if they want extra hours.

I have every tool a man can dream of, so that helps. We aren’t living in it so the wife isn’t hostile.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Been doing my own since October on a country house we are moving into soon. Only thing I hired out was a custom 20’ steel beam, Sheetrock, mud and texture.

It’s pretty nice, and it’s really nice to send my employees out there if they want extra hours.

I have every tool a man can dream of, so that helps. We aren’t living in it so the wife isn’t hostile.
You have a baby at the house and you’re telling me your wife isn’t hostile?
Old 06-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #27
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
You have a baby at the house and you’re telling me your wife isn’t hostile?
Too tired to be pissed.

Just kidding. All of our kids were good babies. This one started sleeping all night at 1 month. Of course, he was over 9 pounds, came out with a 5 o’clock shadow and a hangover.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #28
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Too tired to be pissed.

Just kidding. All of our kids were good babies. This one started sleeping all night at 1 month. Of course, he was over 9 pounds, came out with a 5 o’clock shadow and a hangover.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #29
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeaterface View Post
Oh, I guess there were the few issues of us leaving the gate open to the back yard when we were working on the shed, and her stupid shithead Pom-Chi got out of the yard. But that's her fault for getting a stupid shithead Pom-Chi.
So I'm assuming this is a combination of a Pomeranian and Chihuahua. I've never had a Chihuahua so I don't know if they suck, but Pomeranians are the pillowbitergiest little bastards to grace planet earth. Every time I see one of those stupid ****ing dogs I want to punt it to the moon. My grandma had a Pomeranian named Peppy. He was an awful, awful dog.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #30
Ultrabanned

We have a true old school split and the laundry is in the basement. We also had a half bath off our dining room with an adjacent oversized closet. Two doorways that just looked stupid and the dipshit that owned this place before us thought they were some sort of master plumber, but they definitely weren't and this half bath was a nightmare. So we knocked out the wall between the two rooms and have been working on a completely new bath with laundry room attached.

This shit sucks. And has ruined my good vibes for the last like 7 weekends in a row. Tore it down to the studs and ran new plumbing and electrical, the whole shit works. She thinks she wants to tackle our dated kitchen next, but I might end up murdering her if she ropes me into another project within the year.

I am no master crafstman so her poor dad has been down here helping me with everything and hating his life as well.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.