Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2018, 07:46 AM  
MVP

State of the defense

Ok, everyone knows Sutton needs to go. Aside from that, what defensive players are you comfortable keeping around for the foreseeable future?

I have Peters, Berry, Ragland, Jones, Houston ($$$?), Nelson

KPL has done well but is a free agent. Parker and Bailey are not going to be around much longer.

Guys like K Pass and Alighwe are unknowns

DJ, Hali, and Ford are goners.

We have a lot of work to do in defense
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #16
bite me

Jones, Berry, Ragland can stay. I really don't give a damn about the others at this point. I mentioned in another thread that I'm tired of watching our players run along side of the runner for 10-15 yards trying to strip the ball instead of just tackling the SOB.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
In Search of a Life

Now is as good as any to consider a scheme change. I don't think our defense lacks as much talent as we think. There just happens to be a few very visible spots we need to upgrade.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
The Priest and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
Knees, Achilles, and cancer. He hasn't played a whole lot more than Dee Ford the last 5 years. I keep hearing "when Berry's back" but the truth is they have played as much without as with him. Berry getting old as well, not TB old but to the age that detractors will use it against him.
Agreed on Berry. I go into each season expecting to lose EB for an extended period as history has shown for multiple reasons.

I wouldn’t mind DJ staying one more season, on a cap friendly deal, to see if a full, healthy offseason results in a more athletic DJ. As for Ron Parker...I have no issues with him. He was forced into playing nearly every defensive snap this season. I could tell he was worn down.

Tamba definitely needs to go. He can’t even practice anymore. Logan’s not worth the coin, and Revis will be cut unless he agrees to a large pay reduction. It was worth a shot with him. I have no opinions on Bailey (who played hurt) and Ford (who’s always hurt). It all depends on what Veach can pull in to replace the both of them.

There’s some good, young talent on D. Peters, Ragland, Jones, are the key young cogs at each level. Will be interesting to see how the three fit with a (hopefully) new D scheme/coordinator.

It’s so clear/apparent that KC needs more nastiness and killer instinct on defense. They need a D Line presence that refuses to lose. And they need to stabilize the CB position opposite Peters....and OLB opposite Houston.

Veach has his work cut out for him.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #19
In Search of a Life

Personally, I think this would be a great time to switch to a 4-3 without a total overhaul of the personal.

D-line.

Put a rotation of Jones, Logan, Nunez-Roches, and Bailey at the DT spots.
Houston and K-Pass on the ends rushing the passer. Maybe include Ford in the DE rotation.

LB's

Ragland in the middle.
Eligwe at the Strongside spot
Possibly Ford or a draft pick at the Weakside spot.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
Veteran

The D definitely needs to do something different. I don't if it's scheme or personnel or both but a several players including Berry and Houston haven't been earning their paychecks.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
The Priest and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Personally, I think this would be a great time to switch to a 4-3 without a total overhaul of the personal.

D-line.

Put a rotation of Jones, Logan, Nunez-Roches, and Bailey at the DT spots.
Houston and K-Pass on the ends rushing the passer. Maybe include Ford in the DE rotation.

LB's

Ragland in the middle.
Eligwe at the Strongside spot
Possibly Ford or a draft pick at the Weakside spot.
Unfortunately that’s a longer transition than what you outline. KC doesn’t have the pieces to switch to a 4-3. Logan is most likely gone, K-Pass would struggle as a 4-3 DE, and Ford couldn’t play in a 4-3 at LB or DE. He’s a 3-4 OLB (and is utilized best as a rotational 3rd down pass rusher). Also not certain Houston could sustain playing with his hand in the dirt for 16 games.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
Knees, Achilles, and cancer. He hasn't played a whole lot more than Dee Ford the last 5 years. I keep hearing "when Berry's back" but the truth is they have played as much without as with him. Berry getting old as well, not TB old but to the age that detractors will use it against him.
I like Berry and really wish for his future success, but this is true.
Berry is like the myth of Bob Sanders and probably one of the most overhyped Chiefs of all time. It's not his fault he is always on IR, but you can't really ever count on him to be a huge part of the Defense.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #23
Starter

Chiefs need to hire a DC that will play more aggressively. Chiefs were playing way too much DIME defense against a terrible passing offense. Hell, on the Henry TD run we had 2 DL and both were on the same side as Henry. Piss poor defensive coaching. Our 34 run D this year wasn't bad.

Front seven needs a massive overhaul. Bennie Logan ended up being a total bust of a signing. Allen Bailey consistently underperforms and Chris Jones is extremely hot or cold. Ragland and Houston are the bright spots and would be fun to watch in a defense where they actually attack downhill. DJ wasn't terrible this year buts its very obvious he has no speed anymore. The Chiefs actually had him spying Mariota a lot which was incredibly hilarious to watch.

Titans ran 21/23 plays to the left side. No surprises there. Chiefs have the amazing duo of Frank Zombo (how is he still on the team??) and Daniel Sorenson trying to stop a 6'3 250 lb running back.

Chiefs have a CB in Peters that can shutdown half of the field. They need to play a defensive scheme that forces the issue especially if they are going to feature an offense that relies on getting explosive plays, or else we are going to keep seeing 8 minute+ drives that gas the defense.
nbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Berry is like the myth of Bob Sanders and probably one of the most overhyped Chiefs of all time. It's not his fault he is always on IR, but you can't really ever count on him to be a huge part of the Defense.
Something we agree on that most people will chastise you for
TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #25
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Shut down Gronk in wk 1 and also made a key tackle as an Safety on a 4th-and-1 play in one-game this season. Had a bunch of INT-TDs that directly led to wins last season, had an INT in last seasons playoff gm... He is great in coverage and as a good run stopper. Hard hitter. Well respected and a known leader of the team... Voted #13 overall player by players last season.

You're a ****ing idiot if you think that when he is healthy he's overrated.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #26
Supporter

They need to hire Suttons replacement soon, so the New coordinator can give Veach his input on what he needs for his scheme. Make it happen Hunt!
dannybcaitlyn has disabled reputation
Old 01-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #27
He's Mahomie!

Throw them all out and start over. Can't think of 1 guy I have to have.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Throw them all out and start over. Can't think of 1 guy I have to have.
Even Peters and Ragland?
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
Everybody Lies.

Just saw on NFL.com that the Titans have agreed to let Mike Mularkey remain head coach going into the 2018 season. We're so butt****ing bad we saved that idiots job.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #30
I’m a Mahomo!

Clean house all the way up.

Andy has no say in the new DC. There isn't one player ID want back off this defense because they are either too inconsistent or flat out suck. Trade who you can & release the others.

Start anew.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.