Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2017, 11:56 AM  
Distributor of Pain

Why don't any teams run the Saunders offense?

I was thinking about this because of how much I hate our current offensive scheme. Loathe it. Andy maybe I'm partial to it because it was the greatest offense the Chiefs ever had, but I was watching some clips from that team, as well as looking up some stats, and I honestly can't believe no teams run it.

The one thing that stood out to me was that while the Chiefs scored practically at will, they were always way up there in time of possession. That combination, alone, would make you think someone would want to build an offense around Saunders' system.

Anyway, I look forward to more 1st and goals from the 3, lining up in the shotgun, and doing a fake jet sweep option reverse to our third string tight end.
bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #16
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
It's working wonders for Cleveland
To be fair, absolutely nothing "works" for the Browns
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #17
Distributor of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
There are several teams currently running the Coryell/Zampese, most prominently, the Dallas Cowboys.

The Redskins, Cleveland and Cincinnati all run it as well.
I suppose you could say that about every team, that they have elements of Coryell in it. I guess I'm talking, specifically, about Saunders' version. Turner had a version, Martz had a version. I haven't really seen Saunders' version implemented. He's still in the league as a WR coach. I suppose I wonder why he isn't an offensive coordinator anywhere.
bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #18
Woman should only make babies

The shifting was dumb with Saunders he liked up gonzo at fb and they always shifted to a normal look. No audibles either in Saunders system.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #19
Distributor of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
The shifting was dumb with Saunders he liked up gonzo at fb and they always shifted to a normal look. No audibles either in Saunders system.
Yeah, I remember the no audible thing. I thought all the shifting was a good move though. I remember Green talking about all the timeouts we burned because we had so many shifts. But he said that it really helped the QB and O-line out because it revealed so much about what the defense was going to do.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
our current offensive scheme is pretty damn good if you ask me.
yeah, so good that when the defense shows obvious blitzes we cant get the ball out fast enough
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

You need a good offensive line for that. We have our offensive line.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #22
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbything View Post
Yeah, I remember the no audible thing. I thought all the shifting was a good move though. I remember Green talking about all the timeouts we burned because we had so many shifts. But he said that it really helped the QB and O-line out because it revealed so much about what the defense was going to do.
I didn't.mind the shifting but the good teams just sat out there because they knew. T rich was going for te to full back and tg to te. They never ran something weird to keep the defense honest. They really never needed to either since they wee bamf
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #23
Veteran

The current KC oline has been pretty much all zone blocking scheme. I haven't seen them run ANY variations of power, counter, wham or even iso. No i-form variations, I only see sherman in I form maybe once a game, and sometimes he is on a wing when blocking outside zone.

They have great personnel to run multiple variations of I form with boot & waggle. Nagy & Childress all about that spread.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Roaf wasn’t a proven player? That offensive line was one of the best ever.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we picked up Roaf, didn't most think his career was over?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #25
MVP

Cleveland is a great example why you don't run that. It's like driving a Ferrari with apple juice in the tank.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #26
Distributor of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspengc8 View Post
The current KC oline has been pretty much all zone blocking scheme. I haven't seen them run ANY variations of power, counter, wham or even iso. No i-form variations, I only see sherman in I form maybe once a game, and sometimes he is on a wing when blocking outside zone.

They have great personnel to run multiple variations of I form with boot & waggle. Nagy & Childress all about that spread.
Agreed. I've felt that this offensive line is probably better suited to pulls out of the I. Watching us run straight into Denver's defensive line on 1st down on Monday was infuriating.

I've felt that Reid's scheme is just too gimmicky. Only about one drive per game do we get into a rhythm.

Monday, though, we ran a lot of sets under center (which isn't that common for us). Out of it, we ran a lot more play action than I've ever seen. Hope to see more of it.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #27
MVP

Why don't they run the wishbone?
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
MVP

Bring back the Schottenheimer power I

Kick the tires on Donnell Bennett and see what he has left.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #29
Distributor of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Cleveland is a great example why you don't run that. It's like driving a Ferrari with apple juice in the tank.
As is any offense though.

I guess the question wasn't meant to ask, "Why doesn't every team run it?" Instead, "Why don't more teams build their offense around that scheme?"
Old 11-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #30
MVP

Probably because defenses are built around the nickel and dime now to counter the multiple receivers.