Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM  
oxymoron

So...I finally watched Waterworld this weekend

As far as I recall I'd never seen it. And to be honest I'm not sure why I watched it now. Morbid curiosity maybe. It just happened to be on HBO late and night, and it's been panned so badly I thought it was going to be the worst movie of all time. And I gotta admit that after watching it I'm kind of wondering what all the bad buzz was about. I've seen way, way, way worse movies. I can't remember much from 1995, but I'm wondering if it was one of those dogpile instances, where dumping on it was just the hip thing to do. I'm not saying it's a great flick or anything like that, but it was entertaining enough to keep me watching the whole time. I was expecting much worse than I got. Something historically bad rather than marginal.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
Supporter

Waterworld provided us with a couple of good lines.

"He's like a turd that won't flush"

"It does look like shit, and it feels like cold shit."

"Oh Golly Gee, a single tear rolls down my cheek."
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut View Post
For some reason I can't not watch The Postman for a few minutes if I stumble upon it on cable. It's weirdly appealing if unbelievably cheesy, though I've never seen more than ten minutes of it at a time.

PLUS O-DOG IS IN IT. AND K-UGER.
what chu say about my mama?
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
Don't Tease Me

it's not terrible, it just got blasted because it ended up going 200 million over budget or something crazy.

It's fine if you don't have any expectations about it.
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Shaken. Not stirred.

I'm sorry for your loss.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Supporter

The Postman is a much better movie.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The Postman was just a ridiculous premise.

Nobody did a bad job in it, I guess, but the whole thing just seemed like a really bad comic book.
I didn't find it to be ridiculous at all. A lot of the things that happened in it seemed logical - isolated communities basically surviving at the whim of nomadic raiders. Eventually something sparks them to take a stand.

I think people were expecting Fallout 3 and instead got a simple, no frills survival flick.

Last edited by Frazod; 03-07-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I didn't find it to be ridiculous at all. A lot of the things that happened in it seemed logical - isolated communities basically surviving at the whim of nomadic raiders. Eventually something sparks them to take a stand.

I think people were expending Fallout 3 and instead got a simple, no frills survival flick.
This.

The setting of "The Postman" appears to be pretty accurate IMO.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #23
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
it's not terrible, it just got blasted because it ended up going 200 million over budget or something crazy.

It's fine if you don't have any expectations about it.
Estimated budget = 175 million

Domestic box office gross = 88 million

The film did recoup it's budget in the worldwide market, but domestically it was a huge disaster.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
Woman should only make babies

waterworld/Postman mashup RIDE POSTMAN! RIDE (pans to a scene with a sea-doo with saddlebags)
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Any movie featuring Dennis Hopper as an insane, derelict tanker captain is okay with me.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
Banned

I didn't think Waterworld was that bad either.
Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
In Search of a Life

At the time, alot of people thought the Flag waving and patriotsm in The Postman was corny.

Ride Postman......Ride!!!

Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
Wish I had something clever...

My wife's Uncle actually built the floating city in Waterworld, so it's always had a special spot in our harts. My wife's uncle and aunt got to meet Costner, and thought he came off as a real jerk.

I liked it before I meet my wife, but I was only 14 when it came out, so basically any movie that showed a woman's nice butt and had things that blew up was ok by me.
seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.seaofred Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
All Donkeys Do!

I liked Waterworld. Everytime someone says paper around my daughter she has to respond "paaaaper".
Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.Elwaysux is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #30
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Postman nor Waterworld were bad as people say they were..

People love to hate big budgets.. Though they did spend a shitload making waterworld..
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.