Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2024, 07:29 AM   #2
Champion Golfer Of The Year

I have so many.. I need the opening theme from This Week In Baseball to make it work.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:36 AM   #3
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

I'd love to say it's some very unique and magical childhood moment, but it has to be 2014 WS Game 2. Pure euphoria. Only playoff game I've been to in person. I didn't know Kaufman could be like that. Will never forget it.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 09:24 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
I'd love to say it's some very unique and magical childhood moment, but it has to be 2014 WS Game 2. Pure euphoria. Only playoff game I've been to in person. I didn't know Kaufman could be like that. Will never forget it.
Same. We didn’t live here at the time so my wife and I flew in for one game and it was this one. Amazing atmosphere.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:57 AM   #5
Would an idiot do that?

I'd say it's between two games...

2014 ALDS, Game 3 against the Angels.
- My first playoff game at The K. Tears in my eyes when they busted it open to 7-2, just soaking in the atmosphere.

2015 ALCS, Game 6 against the Blue Jays
- What a ****in' game. I had been refreshing available tickets all afternoon at work and a single popped up only a few rows behind home plate. Best seat I've ever purchased and watched them clinch their 2nd WS in magical fashion.

I went to the two 2014 Orioles playoff games... sadly, watched the WC game from home. And games 5 against the Astros and 2 against the Blue Jays. The only WS game I attended was game 7 against the Giants, but 2014 was so unexpected, I wasn't even mad.

I vaguely remember several games as a kid that my dad took us to, so being able to take him to the playoff/WS games was pretty special.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:50 AM   #6
Court Jester

Don’t remember a lot of them. It’s been probably 30 years since I’ve been to the K.

My mom let me skip school to go to the opening day game in 86 against Toronto to see the World Championship banner raised. The game wasn’t great, but looking back it was pretty cool to be able to play hookie with my Mom and go watch baseball. Also went to George Brett’s last game and sat next to the guy that looked like Santa Claus in general admission that was always at the games.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:10 AM   #7
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Don’t remember a lot of them. It’s been probably 30 years since I’ve been to the K.

My mom let me skip school to go to the opening day game in 86 against Toronto to see the World Championship banner raised. The game wasn’t great, but looking back it was pretty cool to be able to play hookie with my Mom and go watch baseball. Also went to George Brett’s last game and sat next to the guy that looked like Santa Claus in general admission that was always at the games.
That game was pretty crazy. It was warm and comfortable for early April.

Brett came to bat in the 4th(?) with 2 on and 2 out. He hit a screaming liner that Willie Upshaw, caught right on his left ear. Ended the inning and it was the only time I saw Brett really upset over a regular season out.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2024, 09:04 AM   #8
Elway be drinkin' again

Sitting in Right Field and Yelling/Booing at Reggie Jackson. Good times.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:09 AM   #9
MVP

World Series game 2, Oct 28 2015. I was a broke, nearly divorced, apprentice electrician. My mom txt me the day before and said she would buy two tickets if I could get off work. Asked my boss and he said not a chance, we had a hard deadline on some underground for a concrete pour the next day. I called in sick. The crowd chanted for Cueto when he took the field. And the rest is history. My only regret was dropping my phone on the way in and only getting super shitty grainy pictures of the field, game and me and my mom.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:21 AM   #10
Repeal the 19th Amendment

My freshman and sophomore years in college I worked as an usher at the K. The Royals were lousy, my section was in the upper deck between home plate and first base, and it was pretty easy work to basically watch all the games with very little responsibility (the upper deck was virtually empty except for the Cardinals series). My first season on the job was pretty memorable. One of the concession workers was a nice gal that hooked me up with chicken tender baskets and Mountain Dew on the house. Better yet, the usher directly to my left was a young hottie that for whatever reason would become infatuated with me. Effortless charm, I guess.

Anyway, first she set her sights on Royals closer Mike MacDougal. We would hang out after the games, and a few times she would wait for MacDougal as he departed the stadium for the player parking lot. He gave her some attention and she was convinced they'd be getting together. Then one night after a game we went to chat him up, and he threw her quite the proverbial curveball. "I received this letter from your mother. Sorry, but we can't see each other," he explained as he handed her a piece of paper. She was in fact a senior-to-be in high school. LOLOLOL

She bawled her eyes out for a little while but quickly moved on. She would plead with me that she and I should be together. I let her know, "Nah, probably not a good idea. No way it lasts since I'm destined to return to Lawrence in just a few months when college resumes." She was quick to assuage my hesitance, "That's fine! That's better than not being together at all." It was one hot summer of passionate baseball action. But then she went psycho bitch on me at the conclusion of the season, just like you would anticipate. She drove a pickup truck, and one night after the ballgame sped it up until coming precariously close to hitting me in front of all our coworkers. They always hated her, but really feared her after that incident. Fun times.

Last edited by GeorgeZimZam; 06-16-2024 at 11:06 AM..
GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:24 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

I was there in 2014 when we beat the Orioles to clinch and go to the WS. I then went to Game 2 with my son and watched the Royals beat the Giants 7-2 behind a great Yordano start. Two great memories as playoff baseball is a whole other level.

Went to a game in the late 80's in college to watch them play the White Sox. After the 3rd inning we snuck down to the lower level and Harold Baines swung at a pitch and lost his bat and it nearly hit us, and the fans next to us got the bat.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #12
Politically Incorrect

Driving by the stadium on the way to my first Chiefs game at Arrowhead.

What memories
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:26 AM   #13
In Search of a Life

Also, being there for opening day of ‘16 when they raised the flag.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:35 AM   #14
My work speaks for itself!!!

As a kid, getting an autograph from George Brett (though it always made me laugh as a kid because it looked like Geg Butt )
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:43 AM   #15
I don’t care for Auburn

June 11, 1996. Royals lose to the California Angels. But I saw hammerin’ Bob Hamelin hit a triple.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.