Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-26-2021, 07:42 AM  
Veteran

Something Uplifting for a change.

https://www.klkntv.com/sarasota-man-...gravel-worlds/

Kids with "exceptionalities" (learning , physical, emotional and mental disabilities) often are either held back or made to feel they just sometimes cant do what others can.
My nephew is the first autistic person to compete and finish Gravel Worlds.
This kid (he is around 11-13 mentally) is an extremely hard working young man and we couldnt be more proud.
Seeing the rest of those training with him really makes you take a step back for what simple things can bring so much joy.
One of them learned to ride a bike for the first time and it was like he won the lottery.
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #16
Veteran

Congratulations to your nephew for taking on such a challenge and for completing it! That's awesome!
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #17
Fan since 1997

Great story
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #18
Live free or die hard

Give the young man a 'well done' pat on the back for me as well.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:42 PM   #19
Veteran

I will pass on the kind words.
On a funny note he turned 21 and his parents try to do what they can to make him feel as "normal" as possible. He really wanted to order his first beer one night.
Fast forward a few weeks and he was at my shop at about 9:30 am. Beer in hand and chugging away. I say "Josh! Its 9:30 in the morning, what are you drinking beer for?!"
His reply in a sarcastic voice ( and for an autistic kid sarcasm isnt generally their strong point) he says "I had McDonalds" and chugged away.... tough to argue that logic i guess ����
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #20
Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/10595900426...3294209198757/
Thought you all might like to see this. My wife and I got to do a 5k with him last weekend but this is the story of his Gravel Worlds race.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:51 PM   #21
Veteran

So got some cool news this week.
The organization GTFO did a documentary with my nephew and the other kids in the Adirondacks. It just got picked for short documentary at Cannes!
https://youtu.be/ft3zyG4SKDM
Old 12-14-2021, 09:07 PM   #22
Certified Swiftie

This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing this.
Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:48 PM   #23
"I'm with you fellers"

Been teaching shop for 32 years.have had hundreds of special needs kids. They almost always do well and are good at following directions. They also have a tendency to make your day. My first year, 32 years ago, before they began putting special needs kids with the others, I was assigned to teach a sped woodworking class. The para assigned to assist me was more work than the kids.I would take two pieces of wood and nail them together and lift them with the nail. The para would clap every time. The kids would look at each other and shake their heads. It was hilarious and I did it every day. I still remember those kids.
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #24
Has a particular set of skills

That is so cool. Congrats to Josh!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:28 PM   #25
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprechaun View Post
I will pass on the kind words.
On a funny note he turned 21 and his parents try to do what they can to make him feel as "normal" as possible. He really wanted to order his first beer one night.
Fast forward a few weeks and he was at my shop at about 9:30 am. Beer in hand and chugging away. I say "Josh! Its 9:30 in the morning, what are you drinking beer for?!"
His reply in a sarcastic voice ( and for an autistic kid sarcasm isnt generally their strong point) he says "I had McDonalds" and chugged away.... tough to argue that logic i guess ����

Heh this reminds me of a guy I knew well 20 some years ago when I worked with handicap residential and there was this guy named Leo who had no arms. I may have told this story before but I still find it remarkable. He had a car designed to help him drive with no arms. He liked to drink and ended up hitting a telephone pole. Asked why he was drinking and driving he said "because normal people drink and drive" .
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #26
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Gonna eat some crow.... I've been a huge critic of this D and they've proven that they can turn it around.

Great job D...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:06 PM   #27
Veteran

Gravel World's is coming to Kansas this summer and Joshua (my nephew) is coaching an entire team of kids with disabilities, or what they call "exception-alities"
We will be there cheering him on!
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #28
Veteran

Good for him it’s nice to read a story like this from time to time instead of all the negative stuff.
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-10-2023, 06:24 PM   #29
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprechaun View Post
Gravel World's is coming to Kansas this summer and Joshua (my nephew) is coaching an entire team of kids with disabilities, or what they call "exception-alities"
We will be there cheering him on!
OUTSTANDING! Make sure you let CP know if there's any way we can help.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:06 PM   #30
Veteran

So Saturday Joshua did his first 100 mile race in Emporia Kansas, 10 hours total time and due to the weather had to carry his bike for 2 miles thru mud. At 64 miles he tells his trainer " I don't think I want to be Superman anymore".... His trainer reassured him that even Superman didn't always want to be, but because of his power he had a responsibility.
He then outpaced his coach for the last 36 miles and crossed the finish line fist pumping!!
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote