Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-09-2024, 09:40 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Warner Brothers headed back to Middle Earth on the big screen

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235894513/

Quote:
Peter Jackson Working on New ‘Lord of the Rings’ Films for Warner Bros., Targeting 2026 Debut

The first film, from New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures, will be called Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum (working title), with Andy Serkis set to star and direct the feature
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #16
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Gandalf kicking ass in some nether-realm would be a hell of a lot of fun. But you'd still have First Age stuff that would probably annoy you.

Hey, maybe they could right the wrongs of the original trilogy and actually involve Tom Bombadil.

It really did take me awhile to figure out that Gandalf and Saruman and even Sauron where all the same 'order' of mythical creature. Even Radagast. Sauron is just a monumental asshole.

But once you figure that out, the 'victory' makes a little more sense. Sauron really shouldn't have been orders of magnitude more powerful than Gandalf - in fact he most likely wasn't. He was just proactive and had Gandalf on his heels from the jump. That doesn't mean he couldn't recapture the initiative, but it took a couple of good breaks along the way.
Sauron was of the same 'order' as Gandalf and gang. Big difference between him and them was he wasn't constrained like they were. They came over as advisors but were cloaked as old men in mortal bodies. That's why Gandalf died (and was brought back) as well as Saruman (in the Shire).

That was a limitation on them that Sauron did not have to deal with.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-10-2024, 10:41 AM   #17
I'll be back.

so it's a Fellowship prequel. Cool.

Sir Ian should be back.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:06 AM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Actually watched the Rings of Power and found that it wasn't nearly as bad as many tried to make it. Personally I didn't care for the "Galadriel Warrior Princess" arc, but it is what it is. What I do like was how they could incorporate more elements into the story as their is far less source material that they would have to adhere to.

The Silmarillion is definitely a book that would thrive with a trilogy movie made for it for many of the reasons you highlighted above. The material is there, so the hard part would be making that come to life on the screen without creating multiple snooze fests for the average audience member.

What also could do well is a movie or series involving the Blue Wizards in the east. There's just enough lore that they could make something while keeping it "canon" while not enough lore that they can't take reasonable creative licenses with the story.

I think that would allow for an expansion into an area of Middle Earth that has always been fascinating and mysterious to many fans. As Tolkien has long since passed (as well as his son) there is no way to 100% know if/what he thought of those areas from a lore development perspective (outside vague references here and there).

By having someone like Jackson make it with input from recognized Tolkien experts, I think something great could be made while keeping in the spirit of how Tolkien most likely would have envisioned it.
Exactly right - a better and more succinct summation of what I was trying to say.

It's a perfect outline. It has lore, it has story, but it's so damn vague at parts that you can stretch WELL beyond the source material. It has bright lines but plenty of places to fill in the colors.

Its like the battle scenes in both LOTR and ASOIAF - there's very little actually written on any of that. They just...happen. So they lend themselves to a ton of creative license that doesn't violate the spirit of the books (and in many ways builds incredibly well on them).

It really could be as good or better than LOTR.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:35 AM   #19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
You'd think they would have learned their lesson with how badly the Gollum game bombed.
My very first thought. That game was historically bad and you're planning to double down on that exact subject matter for a movie. Bold choice.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:23 PM   #20
sorta mod-ish

See, this idea should have been what was distributed to Amazon, and The Rings of Power should have been the next feature film trilogy. They boofed the order of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
so it's a Fellowship prequel. Cool.

Sir Ian should be back.
I wouldn't be shocked if they're doing this specifically for Ian McKellen. He has stated repeatedly and strongly that he wanted to play Gandalf one last time, and well, he's earned the right to ask to do so.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:35 PM   #21
pie is never free

Don't give a single fart, wasn't a huge fan of the originals and care even less about the reeruns

We're in our 50s, 60s and 70s now... how much longer do we have to pretend
to care about this rehashed trash?

Hollywood is out of good ideas, its starving for ideas and its eating itself now.. they're going to trash every good series from here on out with countless redo's and "alternate universes"

I'd rather watch old Gunsmoke reruns, and I will
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:50 PM   #22
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Don't give a single fart, wasn't a huge fan of the originals and care even less about the reeruns

We're in our 50s, 60s and 70s now... how much longer do we have to pretend
to care about this rehashed trash?

Hollywood is out of good ideas, its starving for ideas and its eating itself now.. they're going to trash every good series from here on out with countless redo's and "alternate universes"

I'd rather watch old Gunsmoke reruns, and I will
I'm visiting my mom, and we happened to watch an old Gunsmoke rerun today.

It was better than I was expecting.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:07 PM   #23
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Gollum?

Why do I get the feeling they're going to **** this up in the most epic way possible?

Why can't we have a backstory movie about Gandalf?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:38 PM   #24
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I'm visiting my mom, and we happened to watch an old Gunsmoke rerun today.

It was better than I was expecting.
Such an iconic series, didn't even get colorized until its 12th season... but thats when the writing took a huge leap, same as the revolving cast of regulars who went on to star in 1000 different tv shows and movies

From Harrison Ford to Slim Pickens, Warren Oates to Burt Reynolds... they all got started on Gunsmoke
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:03 PM   #25
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The two most annoying things about the LOTR movies were (a) the stupid walking tree things, and (b) Gollum. No desire to see a stand-alone movie about either.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:47 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The two most annoying things about the LOTR movies were (a) the stupid walking tree things, and (b) Gollum. No desire to see a stand-alone movie about either.
I doubt they have a stand alone movie about the Ents or Gollum lol.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-11-2024, 05:58 AM   #27
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Since they ruined the Hobbit (I loved that book as a kid and it's still great as an adult) I have no confidence in them making up a story about Gollum.

I tried to read the Silmarilian once. It bent my brain inside of 10 pages, and back on the shelf it went.

As I understand it, much of the background material in the original LotR trilogy came from the Silmarillian. I've read LotR a couple of times, and there's a lot in there that's not in the movies (Tom Bombadill being the biggest omission) but they did a great job making the movies. Hobbit was a shit show.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:34 AM   #28
Starter

Put a chick in it and make her gay!
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:01 AM   #29
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
The Ents in Two Towers were cool worldbuilding at the very least. And their assault on Isengard was pretty awesome.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2024, 12:07 PM   #30
The Demon Preacher

Quote:

The Ents are amazing.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote