Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2024, 10:48 AM  
Starter

PFF - Ranking the NFL’s top 10 returning head coaches entering 2024

Obvious is Obvious. Andy is 1. Full List is in Spoilers.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...-entering-2024

1. ANDY REID, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Pairing Reid with Patrick Mahomes has been a cheat code that has led the Kansas City Chiefs to four Super Bowl appearances and three Super Bowl wins. On offense, they have ranked inside the top five in EPA per play every season from 2018-2022, even predating Mahomes’ arrival. They dropped to 12th last season, but with some significant improvements at the wide receiver position, expect them to be back inside the top five again in 2024.

Spoiler!
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-26-2024, 12:30 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Chiefs have a good coach imo
I also like the commercial where he eats all of Patrick Mahomes' (our current starting QB) fries. Because, like Andy, I also enjoy fries.

Summary being he's a nice man and I like him.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-26-2024, 01:08 PM   #17
In Search of a Life

Yea, Mike Tomlin is borderline top 10 best, so top 5 is hilarious.

I think if I could have any coach other than Andy, it would be McVay. He's #2 for me.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 01:51 PM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Am I insane, or is Dan Campbell overrated.

His players love him, but his specialty is supposed to be defense and they've been very disappointing there despite having top tier players.

Their offense has been what's made them lethal in the past year or two, and that's on Ben Johnson, who had HC opportunities this offseason that he proactively turned down.

Edit: Actually it seems he's a more offensive-minded guy, so disregard.

I wonder how the Lions will perform if/when Ben Johnson moves on.
He's the reason they lost to SF.

Yeah, I think he's damn overrated.

But he's a 'throwback' so talking heads love him.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 02:04 PM   #19
Live free or die hard

Both of my brothers are Eagles fans (I'm originally from PA) and when Andy came over from the Eagles they both preached over and over how he will get you to the playoffs but never win the big game with that "At least you tried" look of sympathy and pity in DJ's avatar. I love bringing up the NFL and displaying the same pseudo-sympathy.

coo coo ka-choo
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 03:59 PM   #20
You gotta kill a few people

We had this debate in another thread recently but I’m just not sure why anyone who has an issue with where Tomlin is ranked doesn’t also have an issue with how high Harbaugh is ranked.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 04:05 PM   #21
In Search of a Life

I'd probably want McVay or LaFleur if Andy up and retired.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 04:37 PM   #22
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Ratface Jr is overrated as **** and I will scream it repeatedly until the world listens.

He's fine, but people often list him first when talking about the great offensive minds in the NFL. And that's just not ****ing true at all.
**** donk spawn forever.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-26-2024, 05:52 PM   #23
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
We had this debate in another thread recently but I’m just not sure why anyone who has an issue with where Tomlin is ranked doesn’t also have an issue with how high Harbaugh is ranked.
I'd at least put Harbaugh above Tomlin.

The Matt Canada thing is pretty inexcusable to me. Even a dunce like Herm recognized after his first year that a first time NFL OC like Mike Solari just wasn't working out. Yes, the guy had an incredible run as the OL coach for the best OL in a decade, and he was widely widely respected in NFL circles, but you could just tell he didn't know what he was doing. He wasn't putting guys in positions to succeed. And they didn't seem to develop and improve.

And when you're a defense-minded head coach, goddamn you better hire a good (or at least experienced) OC who knows what he's doing, otherwise the whole thing caves in. Yeah, I know they had QB problems, but when you have those problems, you get the OL going and you at least learn how to run the ball effectively.

That doesn't mean Tomlin is a terrible coach, but at least Harbaugh and Roman could oversee a pretty successful transition from a statue like Flacco to a runaround guy like Lamar midseason with some pretty nice returns early in the process. Tomlin's insistence on staying the course with his guys even when shit obviously isn't working puts him down a rung.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #24
Andy Reid Supporter

LaFleur was the only offensive coach last year to give Spags trouble. And I get that we had injuries in that game but if you watch it the schemes that LaFluer drew up in the game plan were fantastic and had our guys out of position quite a few times.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #25
Supporter

Zac Taylor is missing.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 07:44 PM   #26
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Zac Taylor is missing.

No matter how many games Burrow wins, you’re never going to convince me he’s a particularly innovative or good coach.

Maybe he’ll get there but until I see his teams not fold when the going gets tough, the max I’d put him at is 15th or so
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 07:48 PM   #27
Cynical Misanthrope

My favorite football team is the Kansas City Chiefs. I like Andy Reid. He is a good coach. It makes me happy that my favorite football team, the Kansas City Chiefs, have a good coach. I get positive emotional reinforcement when I read that other people think that my favorite football team has a good coach.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2024, 07:55 PM   #28
What's up braj?

Surprised the media isn’t still pushing the narrative that the twink in Miami isn’t the best coach in the league
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 09:27 PM   #29
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Ratface Jr is overrated as **** and I will scream it repeatedly until the world listens.

He's fine, but people often list him first when talking about the great offensive minds in the NFL. And that's just not ****ing true at all.
They don't even use George Kettle like Chiefs use Travis Kelce in the offense. I mean that's fine keep him in to block while Chiefs win Super Bowls using TE catching first downs and touchdowns.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 08:17 AM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
I'd at least put Harbaugh above Tomlin.

The Matt Canada thing is pretty inexcusable to me. Even a dunce like Herm recognized after his first year that a first time NFL OC like Mike Solari just wasn't working out. Yes, the guy had an incredible run as the OL coach for the best OL in a decade, and he was widely widely respected in NFL circles, but you could just tell he didn't know what he was doing. He wasn't putting guys in positions to succeed. And they didn't seem to develop and improve.

And when you're a defense-minded head coach, goddamn you better hire a good (or at least experienced) OC who knows what he's doing, otherwise the whole thing caves in. Yeah, I know they had QB problems, but when you have those problems, you get the OL going and you at least learn how to run the ball effectively.

That doesn't mean Tomlin is a terrible coach, but at least Harbaugh and Roman could oversee a pretty successful transition from a statue like Flacco to a runaround guy like Lamar midseason with some pretty nice returns early in the process. Tomlin's insistence on staying the course with his guys even when shit obviously isn't working puts him down a rung.
Matt Canada was a great hire for Tomlin. Job security is hiring a moron as an offensive coordinator to pair with your untalented offense so that you can fire the coordinator (fall guy) and pick up another retread coach (arthur smith) soas to repeat the cycle. That's been his shtick since Todd Haley... Tomlin is like a Ron Riveria-styled coach (motivator) with Mike Mcarthy results.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.