Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 12:21 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

What Songs or Movies Make You Cry?

I’m a bit of a softy, especially with music and certain films/scenes from films.

And it’s a bit all over the place.

Since my dad died, I can’t listen to My Father’s House by Springsteen, and I’ve never been a big Bruce fan. But I listen to that now, and I’m crushed.

Certain operas/arias bring me to tears.

Transatlanticism by Death Cab is always rough, even if I’m in a great mood. I’ll end up drifting back into some former relationship and it’ll get me misty eyed.

Too many songs bring tears to my eyes for reasons of joy, sadness, yearning, etc…

Here’s a weird one. Superman The Movie. Christopher Reeve. When he grabs Lois and that helicopter(pilots inside) from falling from the roof, I snort cry. I just wish sometimes there was this “miracle man” who could do stuff like that and give us all something to believe in and be so thankful it exists.

Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Sling Blade…. All crushers…

What do you have?
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:30 AM   #16
Consuming CP souls

GabyKeepsMeWarm threads
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:40 AM   #17
Spiraling down the Drain

Field of Dreams
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:42 AM   #18
Veteran

I used to stoic as all get out, but have turned into a crier in later years. I think the combination of having raised a family and the passing of my parents has made the concept of 'family' and 'unconditional love' more resonant.

Having your on children might be the first time you start putting another humans needs before your own. It makes you realize that others have put your needs before their own for years.

Now, any movie, or even a commercial, that pulls on the family-heartstrings will get me a bit emotional. I get choked up about story lines so easily now - and good musical underscoring just intensifies it.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 11:03 AM   #19
Supporter

alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:05 AM   #20
Needs more middle fingers

My mom passed of cancer when i was 3. When i was young, my family would always tell me that my mom would sing me this song when i was a baby. Apparently she was really fond of this song. And she told them to remind me that every time i looked up and saw a rainbow in the sky, that it was her smiling down at me.

A few months ago my father passed away. The very next morning i stepped out onto my balcony to see the most gorgous, brilliant, bright double rainbow. It stretched from end to end. Brightest and boldest i had ever seen. The two of them....

Weird? Symbollic? Coincednce? I don't know....but this song always makes me cry, especially now.

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:06 AM   #21
Politically Incorrect

Any movie where the hooker dies.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 11:07 AM   #22
Politically Incorrect

One of Enya's songs makes me cry because it reminds me of my Mom's death.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:29 AM   #23
Cynical Misanthrope

To Kill A Mockingbird - the scene where the old man in the balcony tells Scout, "Stand up, Jean Louise, your father's passing," always gets me.

For songs - Riders on an Orphan Train. I know the Tom Russell song but I understand someone else wrote it. I first heard it years ago when my daughters were very young, which probably made it substantially more poignant. If you have kids, particularly if they're young, this song hits hard

frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:31 AM   #24
MVP

Fluke.

Gets me every damn time.

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:56 AM   #25
Needs more middle fingers

Always thought this was one of the saddest songs i ever heard

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 12:00 PM   #26
best in the biz

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 12:33 PM   #27
Veteran

Old Yeller

/thread
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-27-2024, 12:39 PM   #28
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Old Yeller

/thread
Is that the title of Bob Dole's Biography?
Old 06-27-2024, 12:49 PM   #29
It was not a fair catch

Dr. Greene dying on ER

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:35 PM   #30
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Every time. Rockets red glare...I said dayum...

You know, I see even on this site a bunch of people hating on the singing of the national anthem at sporting events, and I can't understand why. Just watch that video and see the reactions of the crowd. Even as recently as 1991, we were a patriotic nation. Nobody batted an eye at singing the anthem at a ball game.
Iffin you wanna start a thread in DC I'd be happy to participate and since I don't want this thread thrown in DC I'll simply say that, IMO, the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event really only makes sense, to me, when two nations are competing against one another on a world stage.

The Olympics, World Cup, and even the NFL games in London I can understand as we are importing that shit and want to put a stamp on it.

Games between teams of American League sports playing one another though? Hard pass as they are not representing the nation... they are just members of a regional team. Just get to the damn game.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.