Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What do the Chiefs accomplish the next 6 years?
No Super Bowl appearances or wins 0 0%
1 Super Bowl appearance, no SB win 1 0.76%
1 SB appearance, 1 SB win 9 6.82%
More than 1 SB appearance, 2 SB wins 53 40.15%
More than 1 SB appearance, 3 SB wins 34 25.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 4 SB wins 12 9.09%
More than 1 SB appearance, 5 SB wins 1 0.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 6 SB wins 22 16.67%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2024, 07:49 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Can the next 6 years be close to the first 6 years of the Mahomes era?

So we know at this point that Andy has been with Mahomes as a starter for 6 years and the results speak for themselves.

The next 6 years will run through Mahomes prime and Andy is signed through that time. Let’s assume a few things:

1. Andy coaches all 6 years
2. Spags coaches all 6 years and retires with Andy at the end of the 2029 season
3. Kelce plays 2 more seasons as planned and then retires
4. Chris Jones plays 3 more seasons
5. The Chiefs lose Dave Merritt in 2025 when his son graduates and heads to college
6. Mahomes does not suffer a significant injury in the next 6 years

What do you think? Can they possibly match the success they had in the first 6 years? Poll incoming
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:22 PM   #16
Special Teams ACE!!!

I'm not making any predictions, but given the parameters that RunKC laid out, why the hell would any of those future assumptions be insurmountable to him continuing to win at this pace? With the 30ish pick in each round every year, Veach started this run with an absolutely bare cupboard on defense. In the time it took Mahomes to win 3 in 6, Veach finally got the defense built up through the draft and has transformed the entire OL and WR room (minus Hardman) at least once.

He gets to keep Andy AND Veach for the next 6 years? AND Spags? Look, I get it, it's really really hard to win a Super Bowl even with an elite QB, and we shouldn't take last year's "weakest" Mahomes team winning the Super Bowl to mean we'll win it every year we're even slightly better, but come on. All the potential challenges outlined in RunKC's scenario are easier than the ones he just went through in his first six seasons, and now he's rolling with the benefit of playing in his prime.

I'll say this-- I certainly won't be disappointed if he doesn't match the first six years, but I also won't be surprised at all if he surpasses it.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:37 PM   #17
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
What makes me think that 3 SB’s might not happen is regression/retirement of Travis Kelce and Chris Jones after 2-3 years.

I think if this were a betting odd then the over/under would be set at 2.5 SB wins. It’s hard to say but I am stuck on the fence between 2 and 3 SB wins.
I'm not worried at all about Kelce retiring. With Mahomes in his prime and Andy still at the helm? Yeah, there will be a transition, just like there was with Tyreek. We will never replace Kelce, but we will innovate the offense differently and likely still be very successful with a very good TE (Wiley might be that guy). Mahomes has won Super Bowls with all kinds of different offensive personnel. Plus, think about his OL-- each SB was won with a completely different pair of starting tackles!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:37 PM   #18
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
So we know at this point that Andy has been with Mahomes as a starter for 6 years and the results speak for themselves.

The next 6 years will run through Mahomes prime and Andy is signed through that time. Let’s assume a few things:

1. Andy coaches all 6 years
2. Spags coaches all 6 years and retires with Andy at the end of the 2029 season
3. Kelce plays 2 more seasons as planned and then retires
4. Chris Jones plays 3 more seasons
5. The Chiefs lose Dave Merritt in 2025 when his son graduates and heads to college
6. Mahomes does not suffer a significant injury in the next 6 years

What do you think? Can they possibly match the success they had in the first 6 years? Poll incoming
Let's just assume they win every SB until Mahomes retires.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:49 PM   #19
Choco Favre

Being realistic though, can you imagine if we did win 3 more SBs in the next 6 years and he still has another 6 years of prime football left?

That would be crazy
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:59 PM   #20
Starter

The beauty is the Chiefs have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Kelce is the old man on the team but considering the position he plays he could pull a Tony G and play through majority of Mahomes career if he really wanted to if his body lets him. As long as Veach keeps managing the cap and drafting for the long term like he has when some play themselves into 2nd contacts we can't afford I don't see a down period.

Ceiling is greatest dynasty of all time, floor is making the playoffs almost every year.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:16 PM   #21
MVP

The Chiefs dynasty is likely to outlast the United States at the pace both are going.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:19 PM   #22
Perpetual Mediocrity

No team has ever had anywhere near that kind of sustained dominance over a 12 year period but there has never been a player in NFL history anywhere near as good as Mahomes. I wouldn’t bet against him accomplishing anything.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:37 PM   #23
Everybody Lies.

I feel like anything less than 2 Super Bowl appearances in the next 6 seasons would be disappointing. A lot can happen with an NFL team over 6 seasons, but if Mahomes and Reid are here, getting to the big game 2 out of 6 feels like a reasonable minimum expectation.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 12:04 AM   #24
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
No team has ever had anywhere near that kind of sustained dominance over a 12 year period but there has never been a player in NFL history anywhere near as good as Mahomes. I wouldn’t bet against him accomplishing anything.
Has there been a team that has kept the same HC/QB combo for that long other than the Pats? That seems to be the key.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-23-2024, 01:00 AM   #25
In my youth i pray to keep

It sure was a weird transition going from thinking I'll never see them win the Superbowl, to expecting it every year.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 13 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 03:21 AM   #26
EvOlVeD

i predicted a four pete, but added another random one with a gap
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:49 AM   #27
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Liquor View Post
It sure was a weird transition going from thinking I'll never see them win the Superbowl, to expecting it every year.
From your mouth to God’s ears.

I have to remind myself how special this is and to enjoy the moment rather than ruining it by dropping unrealistic expectations such as a championship every year.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:50 AM   #28
Consuming CP souls

Makes as many title games in his career as LeBum did, but he actually cashes in and wins 8
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:56 AM   #29
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
From your mouth to God’s ears.

I have to remind myself how special this is and to enjoy the moment rather than ruining it by dropping unrealistic expectations such as a championship every year.
I said it after the LVI win, I'm happy. I finally got to see my Chiefs win the SB, and I honestly didn't think that would happen, until we lost the AFCCG to the Patriots. After that game, and really that season, it seemed inevitable that we would get at least one. Now that we have, I truly honestly view the rest of this as gravy.

Having said that, the prospect of a 3 peat to cement Mahomes' legacy...I want it a lot. If it doesn't happen, I still say he's the best to ever do it, but man...if we can get a 3 peat, there is no denying that KC is currently the greatest franchise in the history of the league.

It's so freakin' awesome.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 07:58 AM   #30
El Gato Gordo Loco

I think just by the law of averages it will be difficult for Mahomes and Co ro replicate the success they've had in the first six years. I'd say I expect another SB appearance, MAYBE two but Mahomes could play just as good or a little better and we still might not replicate the success we've had.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.