Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2024, 08:09 PM  
MVP

Justin Reid says he'll handle kickoffs...

I watch his interview with Chris Long where he talked about this. Here is an article about it.

The NFL kickoff will be different in 2024 since the league's competition committee added new rules this offseason.

These new rules came to be because touchbacks became more expected on kickoff returns than actual returns themselves. The rules incentivize action and returns -- and tackling -- will be more important than ever, particularly on the last line of defense for the kicking team.

That's why the back-to-back Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs have decided to insert safety Justin Reid as their new kickoff man. He filled in for kicker Harrison Butker in this capacity at different moments in the 2022 and 2023 seasons because of injury. Reid went 1 of 2 on extra points in Week 1 of the 2022 season at the Arizona Cardinals, a 44-21 Chiefs victory. His seven career kickoffs have traveled an average of 63.6 yards, and Reid has recorded five touchbacks.

"The advantage for us is that if I'm doing the job, which is what we're planning on doing, then I can fill that last gap, so it makes it a little bit easier, and nobody needs to win two gaps," Reid said on the "Green Light with Chris Long" podcast on Tuesday. "We're in a great place with it. Although I know he [Butker] can make some tackles, I think he's excited to preserve himself, and we can use him where we really need him, which is those fourth-quarter situations to go nail a 60-yard field goal and win the game. It would be devastating to try and trot a guy out there who's still nicked up from trying to make a tackle in the second quarter."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ch...ive-with-move/
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:00 PM   #16
www.nfl-forecast.com

I don't see this rule persisting more than a few years if a rash of kicker injuries occur. I'm glad the Chiefs are preparing, but if the strategy of the new rule involves weighing risk of not injuring your kicker, it's an inherently dumb rule.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 10:37 PM   #17
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Do you have any idea how much more exciting this is going to make the game? And how the Chiefs will likely benefit by being ahead of the curve?

Is your life so boring that you’ve fallen in love with touchbacks? Can you point out on the doll where Butker touched you?
I don't like touchbacks.

I'm waiting to see how it plays out, but I doubt I will like new rule either.

I don't feel kickoffs are some sacred thing. If the NFL doesn't like them or the injuries, just freaking get rid of them already.

We can get rid of the single point attempt also. TD's are 7 points unless you want to go for two.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 11:23 PM   #18
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
I don't see this rule persisting more than a few years if a rash of kicker injuries occur. I'm glad the Chiefs are preparing, but if the strategy of the new rule involves weighing risk of not injuring your kicker, it's an inherently dumb rule.
From what I know about the rule, it sounds rather tricky to ref as far as who can move when.

Surely nothing controversial is going to come out of that with flag/no flags.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:50 PM   #19
Has a particular set of skills

As he should. That last man needs to make a tackle to save a TD, who do you want that to be? Butler or Reid?

**** Butker getting injured trying to make a tackle.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:55 AM   #20
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Reid has been a historically great signing

3 year deal 2 years down so far

2 years and 2 Super Bowls

he has the chance to go 3 for 3 and lay claim to the best free agent safety signing in NFL history

plus he kicks it

just all around good dude
absolutely a fantastic signing
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:34 AM   #21
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I don't like touchbacks.

I don't feel kickoffs are some sacred thing. If the NFL doesn't like them or the injuries, just freaking get rid of them already.

We can get rid of the single point attempt also. TD's are 7 points unless you want to go for two.
So basically, remove the foot from football?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:38 AM   #22
MVP

Butker hurt his ankle bad last on a kickoff. I'm fine with this for more than one reason.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-21-2024, 02:42 AM   #23
Why so serious?

Quote:
I don't like touchbacks.

What wouldn't you like about a new part of the game that makes it more exciting and strategic? Is it just the change that bothers you?

I don't understand.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:30 AM   #24
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
I don't like touchbacks.

nah, keep the extra point attempt. That would be stupid.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:42 AM   #25
EvOlVeD

you don't need a strong leg now for kickoffs.

you DO need a strong leg for field goals.

it only makes sense.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:09 AM   #26
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
I wish I had a Butler.. I'd make him do my laundry..
I’ll have one for the next 2 weeks in Jamaica!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:28 AM   #27
Consuming CP souls

You'll all be the first to bitch once some shit team runs one back Guaranteed
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:34 AM   #28
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't like touchbacks.

A missed (blocked) extra point was a pretty big play in the last game we won.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:37 AM   #29
Consuming CP souls

So lame as ****.

Black alternative uniforms! Coming next
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:48 AM   #30
Three-Pat

Curious how this extra utility for Reid will impact his upcoming contract negotiations.
tredadda has disabled reputation