Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2023, 10:48 AM  
The Insider

FOX Sports Executive: KC a great sports market

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:43 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
KC has the largest competitive youth soccer league in the nation.
Didn't know that actually. I know they have the large soccer complex in Johnson County on 135th St.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:45 AM   #17
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhater View Post
Do not ignore the college sports aspect. K-State, KU and Mizzou all have a strong draw in the KC market.
That's true. Though it seems every state or city has at least two college sports teams that are popular there (for instance Michigan/Michigan State, Ohio State/Cincinnati, etc). There's obviously more NCAA teams than NFL. Is Kansas City unique in that respect with MU, KU, K-State?
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #18
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
It was different in the 80's from what I understand but definitely not since 1993, except those two seasons where the Royals pulled a Rip Van Winkle and made not only the playoffs but the WS.
This was a Royals town from the Mid 70's through the 80's. The Chiefs started to dominate KC when Marty came to town and they haven't loosened their grip since.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #19
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
This was a Royals town from the Mid 70's through the 80's. The Chiefs started to dominate KC when Marty came to town and they haven't loosened their grip since.
That's mainly because the Royals have been a giant turd for nearly that entire period.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:52 AM   #20
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Always have been.
No, oh god not even close. I think the wizards drew more at arrowhead than the chiefs did one season.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:52 AM   #21
**** the Raiders

Quote:
That's true. Though it seems every state or city has at least two college sports teams that are popular there (for instance Michigan/Michigan State, Ohio State/Cincinnati, etc). There's obviously more NCAA teams than NFL. Is Kansas City unique in that respect with MU, KU, K-State?
Demand from fanbases of three schools in the market instead of the typical two (or one in the case of Ohio St) is certainly a little unique.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:55 AM   #22
In Search of a Life

Not sure I agree with the nothing to do argument. A. I have plenty of stuff I can do and B. I don’t care what anyone says, the NFL is king. If KC is a good sports market, it’s because of the Chiefs. A team that plays once a week a third of the year.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:57 AM   #23
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Not sure I agree with the nothing to do argument. A. I have plenty of stuff I can do and B. I don’t care what anyone says, the NFL is king. If KC is a good sports market, it’s because of the Chiefs. A team that plays once a week a third of the year.
For couples, younger to middle aged, especially those with kids there isn't a ton of shit to do in KC. Even for young single people there isn't, unless you're into bars.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:01 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
For couples, younger to middle aged, especially those with kids there isn't a ton of shit to do in KC. Even for young single people there isn't, unless you're into bars.
I guess it depends on perspective. The Mrs and I are definitely middle aged with kids and we never have an issue with coming up with things to do. I can’t speak for the younger, single crew because I haven’t been either in many years.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:02 PM   #25
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
I guess it depends on perspective. The Mrs and I are definitely middle aged with kids and we never have an issue with coming up with things to do. I can’t speak for the younger, single crew because I haven’t been either in many years.
What is it you are doing?
Old 08-02-2023, 12:04 PM   #26
In Search of a Life

I’d have to think clark hunt being one of the godfathers of US soccer plays a huge role. Not just the team but in all the development and youth programs. Brittany mahomes owning the women’s soccer team will put them on the forefront too… it’s easy to dismiss them because of numbers but the impact of getting young girls involved with soccer will be tremendous. It’ll always be a football town but they’ve shown that they can co-exist.

Thank god somebody is finally breaking the stereotype that market size is king. The dud of the Rams Super Bowl win took a lot of air out of those tires real fast.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:05 PM   #27
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I’d have to think clark hunt being one of the godfathers of US soccer plays a huge role. Not just the team but in all the development and youth programs. Brittany mahomes owning the women’s soccer team will put them on the forefront too… it’s easy to dismiss them because of numbers but the impact of getting young girls involved with soccer will be tremendous. It’ll always be a football town but they’ve shown that they can co-exist.

Thank god somebody is finally breaking the stereotype that market size is king. The dud of the Rams Super Bowl win took a lot of air out of those tires real fast.
In a market like LA sports has many other things to compete against, in KC not so much.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:06 PM   #28
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
That's mainly because the Royals have been a giant turd for nearly that entire period.
But the Royals were still somewhat competitive in the late 80's and early 90's. The TV landscape was changing in the NFL and the Chiefs took full advantage of it with Marty and Carl in KC.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:08 PM   #29
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
But the Royals were still somewhat competitive in the late 80's and early 90's. The TV landscape was changing in the NFL and the Chiefs took full advantage of it with Marty and Carl in KC.
I would make an argument that if the Royals were just a good solid competitive team most years...say Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa etc etc they would be a top 10 team in attendance and do very good tv ratings..the problem is the Royals spend most of their time being so bad it's a joke that isn't funny.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:24 PM   #30
Starter

Quote:
It was different in the 80's from what I understand but definitely not since 1993, except those two seasons where the Royals pulled a Rip Van Winkle and made not only the playoffs but the WS.
I believe attending my first Chiefs game had to be in 1987 or 1988 when the Chiefs gave away tickets to everyone in the youth football league I played in. It's been awhile, but if I recall the seats where even lower bowl in one of the corners. Probably even worse attendance back then than the Royals these days to give away a giant block of semi-decent seats like that.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.