Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2024, 12:17 PM  
MVP

$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?

We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
When you have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, et al, you play for now - not later. If we have $$, spend it to shore up LT, RB & another DL.
I usually agree but man,we’ve got a really good team and a chance to keep a lot of those pieces the next few years. Mahomes’ cap hit becomes very real next year so I think we just use whatever we have left to absorb that blow. Let’s round out our roster with some vets but I think this is a good year to prep for the future so we can try to limit cuts next year
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #17
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Makes me wish we'd have held onto Gay at his price point. That athleticism was a big deal at times.
He’s great for spying running QBs and didn’t seem like he wanted to leave KC. I have to agree.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-24-2024, 01:06 PM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I’d bet we sign a vet running back after cuts.
Vet RBs that get cut almost ALWAYS suck.

The position is just so easy to eyeball. These guys have burst or they don't. And if they get to camp and some UDFA makes them expendable so they get cut, what the hell good are they to us?

I think Cam Akers is still kicking around. Looks like Josh Kelley and Marlon Mack. I mean as vet min guys I guess I'd take the phonecall for either of them.

But as far as 'camp cuts' go, that's just gonna be a big ol' pile of smashed assholes, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:07 PM   #19
Hockey Town

I'd probably look at some vets who fill roles, Dalvin Cook would probably be solid insurance as he can handle pass protection.

Also while we don't need a safety I find it a little insane that Justin Simmons isn't signed anywhere.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:07 PM   #20
Hockey Town

Quote:
Vet RBs that get cut almost ALWAYS suck.

The position is just so easy to eyeball. These guys have burst or they don't. And if they get to camp and some UDFA makes them expendable so they get cut, what the hell good are they to us?

I think Cam Akers is still kicking around. Looks like Josh Kelley and Marlon Mack. I mean as vet min guys I guess I'd take the phonecall for either of them.

But as far as 'camp cuts' go, that's just gonna be a big ol' pile of smashed assholes, IMO.
Josh Kelley isn't any good at all, just no talent there.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
He’s great for spying running QBs and didn’t seem like he wanted to leave KC. I have to agree.
I wonder if it's not another case of wounded pride.

Happens a lot. Guys don't like the 'last offer' they get from the team, go to the market and then the market doesn't develop. And they're just unwilling to swallow pride and come back.

I said it last off-season that Hardman was a fool for not pursuing that same thing here. You know that dance through FA didn't go how he'd hoped and it ALWAYS made more sense for him to come back here for a year. And ultimately all sides appear to have come to the same conclusion.

Gay likely should've done the same thing. He certainly didn't break the bank going to NOLA.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Josh Kelley isn't any good at all, just no talent there.
Probably.

He briefly looked solid as a rookie and hasn't really done a thing since.

But that sorta makes my point for me - he's the kind of chaff you're sifting through at this point. I just can't convince myself that he's some guy that's going to come in here and make a difference. So why bother?

If anything just wait until October and if someone's hurt, maybe Akers is healthy again by then.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:10 PM   #23
Hockey Town

I'd probably have the medical team take a look at Bahktiari just because they've been so good in recent years.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:21 PM   #24
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Makes me wish we'd have held onto Gay at his price point. That athleticism was a big deal at times.
Chenal was the guy they look forward to IMO. 4.53 40, 1.50 10 and a 6.98 3 cone at such a huge size. He’s gotta play more.

Also I think they’ve got some big plans for Jaden Hicks to play that role on obvious passing downs.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:39 PM   #25
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Moving on from Gay was the right move. You can’t tie up a bunch of money in your LB core. They will sign Bolton, Chenal is on a rookie deal, and Tranquil provides you great depth and really not much drop off from Gay. Win/win.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:51 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Moving on from Gay was the right move. You can’t tie up a bunch of money in your LB core. They will sign Bolton, Chenal is on a rookie deal, and Tranquil provides you great depth and really not much drop off from Gay. Win/win.
I agree that we have to let certain players go you have to expect not to retain everyone. With Gay it will be interesting to see how he plays I was wondering if he will have issues with his neck or not.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #27
In Search of a Life

The DL could kinda blow apart if things didn't work out well. There's some DE's still out there that could help if FAU doesn't take off.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:12 PM   #28

Quote:
I don't disagree, but re-signing Gay doesn't 'tie up a bunch of money'. He was awfully cheap.

Once the market failed to materialize, I'd have loved to bring him back. I just don't think Chenal is up for a Sam role. He's too stiff in space. I think as a run defender he's possibly an upgrade on Gay but I really do get nervous about seeing him more than maybe 40% of the snaps and that's not the case with Gay.

If Bolton and Tranquill stay healthy, it's probably no big deal. But neither of those guys are pictures of health - any injury that forces Chenal into a 3-down role will be a real problem (and at that point I think we see a LOT of 3-safety looks with Hicks playing hybrid LB).
Old 06-24-2024, 02:15 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
If Willie had shown any and I mean ANY improvement mentally over the last two seasons he would be here instead of Tranquil. But he's basically been the exact same player since midway through year two. He's physically really damn impressive and sometimes just has days where that's enough to take over a quarter or two but just lost other times.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:26 PM   #30
Fight, build, win!

I really felt Smith was on his last legs at year's end. I don't think I would take a chance especially if they like what they have seen of what we have in-house. At some point, you have to let the guys play. I don't feel Smith will make it through a season. It will be an interesting training camp. We will know if we have something in-house or if we need to panic and resign Smith.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote