Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2024, 07:25 PM  
Retired Bearcat

Going Cellphoneless

ive had a cell for the majority of my life. My first was a bagphone

Over the years Ive wondered about getting by when we were younger and nobody had them. Most days I question the need for constant contact. Ive never been a phone snob and as long as could call and text I was content (bought a $75 phone at walmart and only pay 38 a month). Ive noticed that the only people i talk regulary is my wife and dad but since i started having health shit my wife works from home. If I did need to call someone my wife still has hers. Has anyone here gone without a cell? If so what are the downsides?

i have only went without a week now and havent even noticed.

Am I crazy to go phoneless?
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:25 PM   #16
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
I'm looking forward to watching some Chiefs games on it this year. Should be a trip
I assume you've seen their 360 content? I can watch that stuff for hours... I've found some roller coasters and travel stuff. Downloaded some space exploration stuff a while back that was pretty interesting... day in the life of astronauts.

Some mini golf and it came with another golf game, shooting stuff... dabbled in some of the mixed reality stuff like painting on your own walls.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:30 PM   #17
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I assume you've seen their 360 content? I can watch that stuff for hours... I've found some roller coasters and travel stuff. Downloaded some space exploration stuff a while back that was pretty interesting... day in the life of astronauts.

Some mini golf and it came with another golf game, shooting stuff... dabbled in some of the mixed reality stuff like painting on your own walls.
Yeah, a lot of the 360 stuff is unreal. Watched a documentary on Alex hannold the rock climber last night it was insane. A lot of the videos are mind blowing. I also downloaded a game were you have to land the space shuttle. The first part is just sitting back in the shuttle waiting for take off. They used the original countdown and mission control commands.
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:44 PM   #18
MVP

I foresee a movement of folks going back to landlines for mental health purposes in the coming years.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 09:47 PM   #19
Forever Royal

How will your wife reach you if she needs to talk to you when she’s out of the house?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:54 PM   #20
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
How will your wife reach you if she needs to talk to you when she’s out of the house?
she wont

She works from home. if she ever goes anywhere its just for short periods. When shes gone im still on wifi and she can call me through messenger.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:56 PM   #21
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I foresee a movement of folks going back to landlines for mental health purposes in the coming years.
I have an old fashion phone hanging on my wall for decoration. Maybe i should hook it up.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:57 PM   #22
MVP

I’d dump my phone in a heRtbeT but your mom would have no way of telling me what motel to meet, so gotta have my phone
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:59 PM   #23
Sometimes it's black and white

If you walk around without a cellphone (and aren't obviously homeless), won't the AI robots assume you are a terrorist?
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:24 PM   #24
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I’d dump my phone in a heRtbeT but your mom would have no way of telling me what motel to meet, so gotta have my phone
Shouldn't be to hard. Same motel as your mom
Old 07-03-2024, 10:24 PM   #25
In Pat We Trust

About two years ago I purchased a new cell phone to replace my iphone 5. There was a brief, but beautiful, moment where I thought, "If this phone lasts as long as the last then it might be the last cell phone I ever own." My plan is to retire around 7 or 8 years from now.

Then I realized that my retirement goals involve living outside the US and extensive traveling and I thought, "Oh, right. If I don't keep the same number through all the travel then I will lose connection with everyone because most people can't be bothered to update phone numbers every couple of months."

Still, it was a beautiful dream while it lasted.
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:34 PM   #26
Veteran

I don't really use my cell much. I have a LL at home and at the office. Both have answering machines. "Just leave me a message and maybe I'll call".

I am a cave man. I do find, although I don't care for it, texting is handy v a phone call. The problem is that a text is just a one way form. You can't confirm it was read. It does, also, create a trail which is good and bad.

I could live without my phone without much trouble. I do my work research via computer.

The cell is a convivence, which most of the time I really don't need. The main problem is that people today want instant commo.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-03-2024, 11:07 PM   #27
Veteran

The ultimate freedom is to have no cell phone and no cable/internet. Maybe at most a rotary phone and an old fashioned radio.

Adding to that dream would be moving out to some acreage in either the South, Texas, the West or Alaska, stockpile guns, fly a Don't Tread on Me flag, grow your own vegetables and eat only freshly killed meat.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-03-2024, 11:19 PM   #28
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
The ultimate freedom is to have no cell phone and no cable/internet. Maybe at most a rotary phone and an old fashioned radio.

Adding to that dream would be moving out to some acreage in either the South, Texas, the West or Alaska, stockpile guns, fly a Don't Tread on Me flag, grow your own vegetables and eat only freshly killed meat.
Before I moved to my current place I had an old farmhouse. Mile long driveway and nobody could even see my house unless they were there to see me. No internet and no cable. Had nothing but an air antenna and a dvd player

It was freaking great. Didn't notice anything then because we were always outside. I did have a cell then and would use it as a hotspot every once in a while to watch movies in the winter
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 06:22 AM   #29
Fish are scared of me

Without talking to John from the indian scam call center every 30 minutes life would get boring
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:41 AM   #30
Veteran

I have a couple of part-time jobs and use Google Maps alot. Before that I didn't have a cell phone. Spouse had a cell phone for several years before I had to get mine. Like I told her, "sometimes I don't want to be just a text or call away." Work would be tough without it now for me but if you can get by without it, I say go for it.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.