Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Roster Depth

How do you think this year's roster depth compares to the last several years?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #16
MVP

I am somewhat concerned about the corner position, I think Josh Williams will be decent as the #2, but nobody else has seemed to step up. Haven't heard much about Nazeeh Johnson which is a little surprising. I'm not sure what the hell happened to Jaylen Watson, but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't even make the team after what we saw yesterday. Dude looks like he forgot how to play football. Hopefully, it's just rust.

We seem to have found an absolute stud in Hicks at safety, maybe they can work him in as an extra DB instead of a corner in their sub packages. He needs to be on the field as much as possible. I'm not overly concerned about interior o-line, simply because you're looking at them as a group during these games, and that would never be the case during the regular season. You're not going to have to play more than 1 of the backups at a time (hopefully), and they'll be surrounded by studs. It will look much different in the real games.

What we just paid Creed could have gone to Sneed. We'll find out pretty quickly just how valuable LJ was. Hate to say it, but I think we're going to feel it more than people wanted to admit. He was an absolute freaking badass stud, you simply can't replace what he brought to the table.
Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #17
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
I wish they'd just kept Sneed.
Here's where I am.

Would I rather have Sneed at $18 million or Creed at $18 million?

Gimme Sneed. Buuuuuuut - I have zero concerns about Creed's availability or how he'll age. In fact, I'm bummed out that all we got was 4 years on the Creed deal (my god, if you're giving him that much money, how do you not get a 5th year out of it?).

Creed's gonna age really nicely and he's always available. Sneed is...not. He's not always available and he's not gonna age well.

So if I thought I'd get 2023 Sneed again in 2024, I'd rather have kept him than extend Creed. Ultimately I just don't know that I am.

What I really wish we had was Joey Porter Jr. playing CB2 for us instead of FAU at DE5.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm not too worried about Niang because I'm pretty sure he's played his way off the roster.

I kinda wonder if Ethan Driskell won't make the squad. He looked green but he looked talented. That last OT on the roster is going to be a gameday inactive most of the time anyway so if you're going to carry a 4th OT, why not have it be a developmental guy with 4 years of team control who has size and athleticism vs. Niang who's a pending FA and seemingly has...nothing?

I probably try to sneak CJ Hanson through on waivers (if we lose him, we'll find someone just like him next year) and get him to the PS. Driskell is someone I'd keep though - not a lot of dudes his size that can move like he can. I'd take that sort of raw clay over a known non-factor like Niang.
If you're keeping 4 tackles, one has to be Driskell. Niang is utterly worthless and in the last year of his deal. Zero point in keeping him.
Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
If you're keeping 4 tackles, one has to be Driskell. Niang is utterly worthless and in the last year of his deal. Zero point in keeping him.
Yeah - Niang is one of my first and easiest cuts.

That dude just never developed a bit and never seemed to give much of a shit about it.

Some dudes get drafted and think they've 'arrived' - Niang appears to be one of those guys. He simply hasn't ever treated this like a job, IMO.

He acts as though making the NFL was the task in front of him. And when you have a guy like Travis Kelce who openly and loudly says "Making the NFL is easier than STAYING in the NFL" I just don't know how you have that attitude. There are maybe 5 guys in the NFL with a safer roster spot than that dude and he shows up acting like he still needs to earn his spot now in his 12th season in the league.

How do you work alongside a guy like that and not rise to his level? By being a bum that doesn't belong in the league, that's how.

This one is an easy call. Niang isn't on my roster even if we DON'T keep Driskell. He's just gone.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:16 AM   #20
Going home eventually

Quote:
And let Jones and Kelce not get paid. Creed money was needed. Hell no.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:19 AM   #21
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Here's where I am.

Gimme Sneed. Buuuuuuut - I have zero concerns about Creed's availability or how he'll age. In fact, I'm bummed out that all we got was 4 years on the Creed deal (my god, if you're giving him that much money, how do you not get a 5th year out of it?).

Creed's gonna age really nicely and he's always available. Sneed is...not. He's not always available and he's not gonna age well.

So if I thought I'd get 2023 Sneed again in 2024, I'd rather have kept him than extend Creed. Ultimately I just don't know that I am.

What I really wish we had was Joey Porter Jr. playing CB2 for us instead of FAU at DE5.
I think we’d all agree there in hindsight but man one thing that I can’t understand is how bent outta shape some — especially on socials — get about a missed pick like FAU.

If we’re using the same criteria to eval other picks — whether they flash special talent or not — hell, it’s looking like we picked up a long term LT, a game changing WR, and a star in the making at S in this draft class alone.

Can’t win ‘em all, but KC is drafting as good as anybody in the league right now especially when you weight it against draft position.

Thats just the overall organizational synergy coming out. Everything is clicking from scouts to coaches to players, and it’s allowing a lot of guys to reach their ceilings IMO.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #22
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I think we’d all agree there in hindsight but man one thing that I can’t understand is how bent outta shape some — especially on socials — get about a missed pick like FAU.

If we’re using the same criteria to eval other picks — whether they flash special talent or not — hell, it’s looking like we picked up a long term LT, a game changing WR, and a star in the making at S in this draft class alone.

Can’t win ‘em all, but KC is drafting as good as anybody in the league right now especially when you weight it against draft position.

Thats just the overall organizational synergy coming out. Everything is clicking from scouts to coaches to players, and it’s allowing a lot of guys to reach their ceilings IMO.
When your qb is making what ours does along with what else we pay, missing on a first round pick is pretty tough.

This regime is good enough to make up for it so it won’t be a huge deal to be honest as they’ll hit on someone else
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Spot on, even if FAU busts, it doesn't change how amazing Veach has been. People need to try and remember how things used to be, where pretty much anyone picked beyond the 3rd round was basically camp fodder for this organization.
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #24
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I find this post by Teicher HILARIOUS!

"Chiefs: After major roster changes at wide receiver during the offseason, when the Chiefs added speed in veteran free agent Marquise Brown and rookie Xavier Worthy, a first-round draft pick, the additions echoed throughout the depth chart. On top of that, former Super Bowl stars such as Mecole Hardman and Kadarius Toney are fighting for roster spots. Toney made a strong case Thursday against the Bears with his best preseason game, catching two passes for 26 yards and returning a punt for 16 yards." -- Adam Teicher
Teicher is just clueless
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #25
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Sneed getting paid less than Creed Humphrey. I don't get why you would pay Creed and not Sneed. I would let both of them walk but if you choose one its Sneed.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #26
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I don't really think there is a ton of reasons to be concerned.

On the offensive line, I think you get Donavan Smith back and you suddenly feel pretty good about things. Does it help you at guard? No, but I think we have enough depth. The problem is there is no depth at the LT position.

Corner, I'm not going to freak out. We have depth, we just don't have two studs. Its an adjustment in expectations more than anything.

Running Back, this is the area of concern for me. Would love to bring is someone and we need to just be done with CEH. Steele needs to be RB3.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:42 AM   #27
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
It's possibly worse in a couple of areas that show up more in these sort of games. OL for example, we don't have anyone at Allegretti's level, and CB seems like there's a lot of depth but not good depth.

But, overall we're better at WR, TE etc than recent years. DL is exactly as bad as it's always been.
Yeah, we are going for a 3peat. There is a reason its not been done, not by the legendary teams like the 70's Steelers, Montana's 49'rs, Cowboys of the 90's.They couldn't get it done. Has anyone done the research as to why those teams couldn't pull off the 3peat?

We paid several key people but cant keep them all. If it wasn't for Veach's drafting we'd be in worse shape. We are going to be thin as shit at some positions. One of our key players gets hurt, it will lower our chances. But, as long as Mahomes gets the ball last, no matter the situation, he'll bring the win home.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:46 AM   #28
Andy Reid Supporter

Yeah so about Sneed. People here would be bitching about the guy not doing anything in camp again bc his knee is a problem. Chiefs may have gotten out at the right time. These things don’t get better with age.

What does L'Jarius Sneed do, actually? Update on Tennessee Titans CB who doesn't practice

https://www.aol.com/does-ljarius-sne...183512331.html
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
When your qb is making what ours does along with what else we pay, missing on a first round pick is pretty tough.

This regime is good enough to make up for it so it won’t be a huge deal to be honest as they’ll hit on someone else
We make up for a relatively mundane hit rate in the 1st round by pretty pretty damn outstanding in the middle and late rounds. So that's something.

But boy, you'd like to see those 1sts be a little more impactful. McDuffie and GK cure a lot of ills. And Worthy can as well. About a 50% hit rate is...fine.

But it does seem strange that a team that does so well in the middle/back of the draft seems to be pretty ordinary (not bad, just ordinary) with its earliest picks.

It makes me wonder if they don't focus more on need with that first pick than they do everywhere else. And if that doesn't give them a bit of a handicap making those picks.
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #30
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Here's where I am.

Watson and Williams are passable boundary corners. Watson specifically has always reminded me of Bashaud Breeland. A solid outside corner who isn’t gonna be William Bartee level bad. I would actually extend the kid to a fair deal assuming he wants to stay and his market doesn’t explode (why would it?).

The problem is Watson had labrum surgery this off-season. Yes he looked bad last night, but he’s rusty. That’s a tough injury to come back from. And Nazeeh is coming back from a knee injury.

I think what scares me the most is RB3. If Pacheco gets hurt then that offense changes. Love Steele, but he’s not a starting back, and that’s okay. I want a shifty RB at RB3 who can catch passes out go the backfield.

Even though the backup OL wasn’t good, I think we’re okay with Wanya being OL6 as a G/swing T and Caliendo is okay as OL7 to me while the 2 rookies with promise (Driskell/Nourzad) hit the weight room to prepare for 2025.

And yeah FAU has not looked good, but bringing Danna back really does help. And Omenihu will be back roughly mid season, so I’m not sure I’d go for a DE. If you do Ngakoue is out there.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.