Grizzly Bear 74 79.57%
Gorilla 18 19.35%
Gaz 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2024, 02:55 PM  
MVP

Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla

Who wins?
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:25 PM   #16
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Is the gorilla trained to use a gun? That's the only way the gorilla can pull this off. The grizzly has a massive size advantage and a massive claw advantage.

only in urban Chicago
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:26 PM   #17
Live free or die hard

I'm going gorilla here but it's a close one.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:27 PM   #18
Supporter

There are going to be banana flavored bear turds cluttering the valley for a couple of days in that event.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:31 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Please explain this logic. The bear is bigger, heavier, sharp claws, a better set of teeth for killing, and the bear is naturally more ferocious. I don't see any way the gorilla is not absolutely destroyed by the bear in pretty short order.
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:36 PM   #20
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
Gorillas are actually pretty damn stupid.

As for agility - man, I don't think it matters here. This is a savage fight between wild animals; they ain't dancing around the ring here. They're gonna come out swinging.

If this fight lasts more than a couple minutes, I'd be surprised. I think the Grizzly wins this one without really breaking a sweat.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:37 PM   #21

I'm gonna guess the Gorilla voters also think Bruce Lee would win in a fight vs. Mike Tyson...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:47 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Grizzly would make quick work of the gorilla, their claws would slice through a gorilla like a hot knife through butter...

asked and answered here:

https://www.onthegofitnesspro.com/go...%20the%20bites.

and here:

Pretty much. The largest claws of any beast. Huge size advantage. More violent as well. Gorillas have freakish strength but this would be a mismatch.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:49 PM   #23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm gonna guess the Gorilla voters also think Bruce Lee would win in a fight vs. Mike Tyson...
I'm pretty sure Tyson couldn't rip Bruce Lee's limbs off. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the gorilla.

The bear is heavier and has those claws. The gorilla is substantially stronger and has a higher bite force. I'd watch the pay-per-view.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:53 PM   #24

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Tyson couldn't rip Bruce Lee's limbs off. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the gorilla.

The bear is heavier and has those claws. The gorilla is substantially stronger and has a higher bite force. I'd watch the pay-per-view.
A gorilla is substantially stronger than a grizzly bear? Uh...nah.

And no, there's no way a gorilla is ripping a Grizzly's arm off. Damn thing could be sleeping and a gorilla couldn't pull that off.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:59 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A gorilla is substantially stronger than a grizzly bear? Uh...nah.

And no, there's no way a gorilla is ripping a Grizzly's arm off. Damn thing could be sleeping and a gorilla couldn't pull that off.
Yeah, there are many sources that say a gorilla is quite a bit stronger than a grizzly. I'm not sure how they quantify that.

Even if a gorilla couldn't rip it completely off, it could definitely break it and render it useless. I'd also bet that a gorilla could grab a handful of hide and tear it clean off. And yes, the bear could also go Freddy Krueger with those claws.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:31 PM   #26
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Yeah, there are many sources that say a gorilla is quite a bit stronger than a grizzly. I'm not sure how they quantify that.

Even if a gorilla couldn't rip it completely off, it could definitely break it and render it useless. I'd also bet that a gorilla could grab a handful of hide and tear it clean off. And yes, the bear could also go Freddy Krueger with those claws.
I'm still taking the grizzly, but the BBC does indeed say that the gorilla is stronger, and by quite a bit:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/...s-in-the-world
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:37 PM   #27
In Search of a Life

Let's do Pit Bull vs Wolf next!
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:41 PM   #28
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Let's do Pit Bull vs Wolf next!
Brooke Pryor vs Orca
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 04:53 PM   #29
Andy Reid Supporter

I think that the Gorilla is being a bit underrated here. Would still take the Grizzly but Gorilla’s are pure muscle machines that are more agile. I don’t think it would be easy for the Grizzly
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:56 PM   #30
In Search of a Life

Legit question here. What would the gorilla's kill move be? Punch the grizzly in the head? It ain't King Kong. Choke it out? Good luck with that. Bite through it's neck? No shot. Just don't see a scenario where the gorilla could win.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.