Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-03-2023, 05:19 PM  
Starter

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Found this to share:

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wants to be an Olympian.

Asked today in Germany about bringing the NFL overseas, Mahomes brought up the Olympics, and said he’s excited about flag football becoming an Olympic sport in 2028.

“NFL football, American football has taken to further parts, all the way across the world, with flag football coming to the Olympics. I think it’s really cool because football is a great game that has given me so much and I want to make sure everyone gets the same experience that I got growing up,” Mahomes said.

Mahomes said he hopes to be the quarterback for Team USA at the Los Angeles Olympics, although he isn’t sure if Chiefs coach Andy Reid and General Manager Brett Veach would be OK with it.

“I definitely want to, but I’ve seen some of those guys play the flag football and they’re a little faster than I am,” he said. “I know there’s not, like, linemen blocking for you. I’ll be 31, 32 years old, so if I can still move around then, I’m going to try to get out there and throw the football around maybe in LA. Just don’t tell Coach Reid or Veach or anybody.”

There are plenty of questions about whether active NFL players will participate in Olympic flag football. But if they do, Mahomes wants to be a part of it.

Link:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...topic%2Fsports
Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
35 years old.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #17
Forever Royal

With all the running available to the QB he’s probably right.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #18
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Good enough reason to petition to remove it from Olympics
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #19
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Good enough reason to petition to remove it from Olympics
There are 2 dozen "sports" that should be removed from the Olympics.
Break-dancing was the final "this has gone too far" for me
Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #20
Just Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
I think Darts would be interesting than that junk.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #21
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Quote:
"At the end of the day," Doucette told us, "I feel like I'm better than Patrick Mahomes because of my IQ of the game."

He later added in a text message, "I'm not saying I'm a better player overall but until he steps on a 5v5 flag field, I'm going to feel that way until it’s proven otherwise! I'm a competitor and need to be proven wrong
He’s almost certainly correct in saying flag football is a completely different game than what the NFL puts on the field, but you just can’t say shit like this and be taken seriously lol
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #22
Hockey Town

Quote:
So his argument is basically that it's a different game.

I dunno bro flag football is basically 7 on 7 and most NFL QB's can go an entire session of that with the ball never touching the ground.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #23
MVP

Probably shouldn't risk injury. He'll be in his 30's by that point, old enough that weird stuff happens to the body.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #24
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Probably shouldn't risk injury. He'll be in his 30's by that point, old enough that weird stuff happens to the body.
If he got hurt then we probably wouldn't achieve the seven-peat, but I think it's worth the risk to add an Olympic gold medal to his list of accomplishments.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #25
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Break dancing, synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, ice dancing, skateboarding, snowboarding, and surfing, and that's just off the top of my head.

If Patrick Mahomes II wants a gold medal, I'm fine with him getting one. But maybe just one so we can move on and add Yahtzee or competitive eating to the Olympics.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Break dancing, synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, ice dancing, skateboarding, snowboarding, and surfing, and that's just off the top of my head.

If Patrick Mahomes II wants a gold medal, I'm fine with him getting one. But maybe just one so we can move on and add Yahtzee or competitive eating to the Olympics.
whoa whoa whoa settle down. Snowboarding is amazing. Maybe you don't like the half pipe competition but the racing is INCREDIBLE
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
If he got hurt then we probably wouldn't achieve the seven-peat, but I think it's worth the risk to add an Olympic gold medal to his list of accomplishments.
Nothing trumps passing Brady. Not gold medals, peace in the Middle East, ending world hunger etc..
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 PM   #28
Banded

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
Nothing trumps passing Brady. Not gold medals, peace in the Middle East, ending world hunger etc..
But what if he's able to pass Brady in SBs and get an Olympic medal, as well?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #29
Starter

No.
bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Someone who's very afraid to lose his job.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.