Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2021, 01:40 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Who is the Best Cover Band you have heard or seen?

IMHO, I would have to say The Classic Rock Show does about as well as any I have ever heard. IMHO. they are as diverse as any I have heard so this is my take. If you have never heard of them, look them up, there isn't anything they can't do. They have a video list available to watch and listen to that even if you weren't watching them in person it will leave you fully entertained.

So what's yours? Who would you recommend? Please list some that we all can share each others experiences.

Last edited by ROYC75; 05-28-2021 at 01:45 PM..
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:29 PM   #16
Supporter

I think The Main Squeeze has been brought up here before, but these are the best musicians in a cover band I've witnessed recently.

The guitar solo deserves to be known up there with the legends of melodic soloists, like Prince and Knopfler and Clapton.

And an underappreciated aspect of good melodic soloing is that the rest of the band stays right with him on every twist and turn, turning improv into an organic cohesive whole.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 05-28-2021 at 09:38 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #17
My work speaks for itself!!!

I've seen these guys - put on a good show:

DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #18
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Dred Zeppelin could bring it.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #19
Everybody Lies.

lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #20
Spooky Action

She covers a lot of great music. I like her versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLeEJzZfqE&list

Last edited by EPodolak; 05-30-2021 at 12:01 PM..
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #21
Fight, build, win!

Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago or Earth Wind and Fire.

Last edited by srvy; 05-29-2021 at 02:56 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 08:55 PM   #22
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago
Excellent choice, they nail it down. It's uncanny and quite joyful.

Also, not on the subject of the thread. But your inclusion of the Terry Kath clip reminded me, NNF spent the afternoon with James Pankow.

Some great reminisces about how Terry and Jimi were a couple of kids with guitars who admired the heck out of each other.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 05-29-2021 at 09:00 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago or Earth Wind and Fire.

That was an excellent Earth Wind & Fire track.

Here is a few selected songs from some concert show of The Classic Rock Show. IMHO. It starts off less that good but gets much better. There is a sweet SRV blues tribute in there. If you like a variety of songs by other artists, they do a good job.

https://youtu.be/EMER73lEPJo

Somebody may have to embed this since I'm on my phone.

Last edited by ROYC75; 05-30-2021 at 04:53 PM..
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #24

The instrumentals are good on Bat Out Of Hell.

Last edited by ROYC75; 06-01-2021 at 04:55 PM..
Old 05-30-2021, 11:50 PM   #25
Fight, build, win!

Lexington Lab Band does so many covers you pretty much do a search of a song with LLB and it pops up.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:49 AM   #26
Debunking your bullshit

I don't think a regular "cover band" has ever been so great that they made a lasting impression on me, but I saw tribute band KC/DC at Knuckleheads a couple weeks ago and I thought they were pretty damn good. They did a Bon Scott set with one singer and a Brian Johnson set with a different singer. I thought they really nailed the voices.

"Bon Scott" was also "Paul Stanley" in Almost Kiss, who played before KC/DC. They were pretty good.
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 05:53 AM   #27
Stay down bitch!

Mini-KISS. All midget kiss tribute.

Manchester Mariachi. Mariachi group that does Smiths covers.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:25 AM   #28
Veteran

Heard a lot of covers, but have only seen one cover or tribute band in person— Super Diamond.

Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:35 AM   #29
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Every year Hairball comes to the Ralston Arena here, just south of Omaha. I hear good things, but I've not seen them yet. It seems they cover a ton of different shit, all Arena rock, Poison, Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, probably more.

http://www.hairballonline.com/the-band/

I'm gonna go one of these years. They are there this Friday but I've already got stuff going on, though I'm still gonna try. 25.00 gen admission...totally risk free at that price.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #30
Banned

Hairball wins for best cover band name. haha.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote