Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM  
Pedantic

A Pre-Season Level Headed Review Week 2 2024

Injury Report:
BJ Thompson - Out (Medical)
Charles Omenihu - Out (Knee)
Marquise Brown - Doubtful (Shoulder)
Jawaan Taylor - Questionable (Shoulder)
Wanya Morris - Questionable (Bone Bruise)
Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Questionable (Illness)
Kelvin Joseph - Questionable (Hamstring) - Played
Chris Jones - Questionable (Shoulder)

Starting WR Line up was Rice, Worthy and Watson.

MAHOMES WITH THE BEHIND THE BACK PASS!!!

Worthy - first catch was a false start but the 39 yard catch was a thing of beauty. That TD pass from Wentz was too easy. Worthy is going to make defenses pay for leaving him one on one. (3/6 - 62 yards 1 TD & 1 Rush 11 Yards)

Watson with a nice catch on the first drive - I think he is a lock as your #4/Possession receiver. (1/1 - 20 yards)

Hicks with another great open field tackle on the first drive. Refreshing to see sure tacklers in the secondary. Hicks looked really tired by the end of the second. Had one near miss wide open and the catch at the 5 yard line at the end of the second was his guy to cover. To be fair it looks like he had played every D snap for the first half - but nice break-up in the Endzone.

Hardman as the primary PR/KR with LRZ & Steele.

Niang got owned and pushed back into the screen pass to Steele otherwise he would have had a nice gain.

Rice first two drives numbers were 4/5 35 yards. Looked really good picking right up where he left off last year.

Cam Jones caused the fumble on the KR Steele with the recovery.

Moore/Ross/Worthy were the 2s.

Ross sideline catches are still impressive even though he was half a shoe out of bounds on that. I think what is hurting Ross right now is that he isn't a special teams guy (at least a returner)

Herring got fooled badly on the Play Action Pass - crashed down too hard

CB Rolland -Wallace makes a good play on the ball - may have gotten away with a hold on the arm.

Toney makes an appearance on the Punt Return then gets called for a holding on the next play. I really feel like Toney is on the outside looking in at the moment. Unless he really shines in the third game I don't think he makes the team.

Prince got blown up on the block in the backfield where the throw to Toney was too high.

Araiza has just got an ABSOLUTE LEG on him and it looked like Moore (or Kelvin Joseph) caused the fumble on that tackle.

Keith Taylor had the missed tackle on the 69 yard TD but Cochrane was the coverage guy. Then comes back and gets the pick.

Prince looks really good in the open field. The 10 yard run that was called back on the Driskell holding and then the 41 yard run. Going to be some hard decisions in the RB room.

Goddrick got beat again on the Wentz sack.

Noah Gray did the Long Snap on the 56 yard field goal & LRZ kicked off the following kickoff and the 2nd half kickoff.

Remigio with an outstanding kick return in the second half.

Cornell Powell continues to shine better than Moore and Toney.

Last edited by DenverChief; Yesterday at 05:16 PM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Special teams were night and day better this week...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #17
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Mahomes had ALL DAY to throw
Receivers are killing it by any measure
Steele is a lock
Same for Ross
Hicks is a golden lottery ticket
Skyy might hang on as a PS body

Is that you in the new av, DC?
I don’t see Ross making it. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #18
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Its a coin flip no doubt, but Ross adds something we don't really have

If he looks good enough on specials, let him push Moore off the roster
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #19
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
everyone will be open in our offense constantly this year

Niang looked like shit there, ran right by him.

Last edited by srvy; Yesterday at 08:55 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #20
'Stachecicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Kingsley looked good. He looks like he’s gonna be a decent Tackle this year
Looked good in just his second preseason game against Lions 1st string. He should continue to develop as the season goes on. Still early and not a bunch of stunts or blitzes. But makes me think the Chiefs have LT locked down with a stud for the next 4 seasons on a rookie deal.
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #21
Pedantic

Quote:
I look at it like this-

locks to make the roster

Brown
Rice
Worthy
Watson
Hardman

That leaves one or two spots left for:

Remigio - 5/8 51 yards
Ross - 1/3 23 yards
Moore - 0/0 0 yards
Toney - 1/2 -4 yards
Powell - 4/6 88 yards
Washington - 2/2 14 yards
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #22
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Niang looked like shit there, ran right by him.
He looked like shit in a few plays. We might need to sign a guy off the street for his spot
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #23
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Whiffs on blocks. Doesn't run his routes well when he is the last option. Lacks attention to detail. Talented and can high point a ball but Mahomes is not a Burrow guy. He rarely throws jump balls that Ross can go up and grab. It might come down to him or Skyy. I'd certainly pick Ross for upside but Skyy is said to be able to do know alot of different things in the system per the coaches. Toney is obviously done. They will be trying to trade him for anything they can possibly get.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Mahomes/Rice looks unstoppable
Rice is going to win a bunch of fantasy leagues this year if his case isn't settled until after this season. With Worthy and Hollywood stretching the field, Rice is going to have a lot of space to do what he does best, rack up catches and YAC. He's set for a monster season.

Our offense is going to be absolutely lethal. The variables I saw coming into the season - Kingsley, Worthy, and RB2 - are all trending in the right direction.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #25
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

WRs are going to be great especially when Hollywood comes back

2 games and I haven't seen a single issue with Kingsley

I wish Veach would get a shifty quick RB that suits our offense more. He has a type at RB and it seems to be guys who have questionable vision but like to run through people. We might need to pick someone up at RB before the season starts to backup Pacheco.

Skyy and Toney don't belong on a football field

Ross, I don't know if he makes the 53, but he's at worst a practice squad player that gets called up at some point. If he played ST he would be a lock for the 53.

Karlaftis is still trending up and I can see him raising his sack # to the teens this year

Wentz is a really good backup. He'll be fun to watch week 18.

Kelce might have his lowest targets of his career this year just because of his good the rest of the receivers are which will keep him fresh and make him really dangerous in the post season.

All in all, the starters did what I expected them to do and some even better. Can't wait for week 1.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post

I wish Veach would get a shifty quick RB that suits our offense more. He has a type at RB and it seems to be guys who have questionable vision but like to run through people. We might need to pick someone up at RB before the season starts to backup Pacheco.

Ross, I don't know if he makes the 53, but he's at worst a practice squad player that gets called up at some point. If he played ST he would be a lock for the 53.

Karlaftis is still trending up and I can see him raising his sack # to the teens this year

Kelce might have his lowest targets of his career this year just because of his good the rest of the receivers are which will keep him fresh and make him really dangerous in the post season.

All in all, the starters did what I expected them to do and some even better. Can't wait for week 1.
Hopefully Kelce has a career low in regular season snaps and then gets unleashed in the playoffs. I doubt it will play out like that but here’s to hoping.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #27
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
everyone will be open in our offense constantly this year

To the house if he keeps his feet.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #28
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:

All true. Would like the starters to have scored a TD instead of FG's.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 04:29 AM
TEX
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #29
Bolton gonna knock you out

Didn’t Detroit start their second stringers? Didn’t see Goff out there at all.

Karlaftis is going beast mode this season. Our DL is gonna be a problem, hoping we see some growth and playing time from FAU.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:

Karlaftis had 10.5 sacks last year
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.