Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2024, 11:44 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

For the KC/TSC Historians

Tried posting this in the stadium thread, but it didn't get any traction in the middle of that mess. I'm genuinely curious though, and I know there's gotta be some longtime residents of KC who could weigh in with some intelligent answers.

But seriously, why wasn’t the area around TSC ever built up over the past 50+ years? Adam’s Mark, Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, Denny’s, Taco Bell and a couple gas stations seems to have been the extent of “growth”. What happened?
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:27 PM   #16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The old KCMO work farm if my memory is still ok used to be near the TSC near the KCPD HELI Port.
Yes, it was at 8100 Ozark Road. Originally, it was the Municipal Farm (a work farm for people convicted of smaller crimes or addicts) from 1909 to the early 1970s and the Municipal Correctional Institution from 1971 to the early 21st century. We would drive past it taking a shortcut through Eastwood Hills to get to Truman Sports Complex. It was on a hill south of Raytown Road. Now it's a community garden, I think. A brief history of the Farm can be found here, https://www.sos.mo.gov/CMSImages/Arc...G998_MS293.pdf
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli