Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM  
Supporter

Armadillo invasion

These disgusting little critters are migrating north and are causing some maddening damage on my property. I have learned that several of my friends are also experiencing this you. How about you? Have you any suggestions or experience with them?

I remember when as a kid, they were not north of Texas. Then according to what I have found they made it north to Missouri in the 70s. Armadillos migrated to North America through Central America and Mexico, crossing the Rio Grande River in the late 1800s. Humans also introduced them to Florida during this time.

Now, I don't intend to start an argument about climate change, but they don't like the cold and they are mostly nocturnal, but they may be more active during the day when it's cooler. Researchers believe climate change is a factor in armadillos' northward expansion, as they prefer hot weather and sandy or clay environments.

There is a ton of information out there on them, so I am not going to bore you with cutting and pasting all of it.

Below is just a small sample of the damage they have been doing to my property.

Below is a picture of one I shot the other night a 3 AM. No, armadillos are not protected in Missouri, and are legal to hunt and trap year-round. The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) allows residents to trap or shoot armadillos that are causing damage to their property.
Armadillos are considered a nuisance because they can: Damage lawns and gardens, Burrow into the ground, and Carry bacteria that can cause leprosy.

Last edited by HemiEd; Yesterday at 03:17 PM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #16
What's up braj?

Bill knows a lot about arm dildos
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #17
SuperChiefs

I get one in my yard from time to time, and yes, they can tear up a yard in no time. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the little assholes like you can since the cops frown on people shooting guns within city limits. I use a live trap baited with grubs to catch them, then release them out in the woods.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #18
Veteran

My favorite Armadillo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-09-16 at 5.23.06 PM.png
Views:	43
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	127988  
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #19
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
I get one in my yard from time to time, and yes, they can tear up a yard in no time. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the little assholes like you can since the cops frown on people shooting guns within city limits. I use a live trap baited with grubs to catch them, then release them out in the woods.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #20
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That's why you should always keep your Glock on your person.

Oh, and good shot on the one in the picture.

Heck I can't even carry reading glasses and have over a dozen pair now staged in convenient places.

Thank you on the nice shot compliment but I missed two last night. It's like the suckers put the word out that I killed one of their buddies so let's go really tear his shit up!
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post

Heck I can't even carry reading glasses and have over a dozen pair now staged in convenient places.

Thank you on the nice shot compliment but I missed two last night. It's like the suckers put the word out that I killed one of their buddies so let's go really tear his shit up!
Heh. This reminds me of the father of a girl I dated many years ago. They had a house in the woods in southern Wisconsin. The guy was a bird watching fanatic, and had several feeders around the house. Squirrels would constantly get in the feeders, and he hated the squirrels. He'd sit in the yard and shoot them with a pellet gun for hours. One day he ended up with a pile of thirty or forty dead squirrels. It was kind of a losing proposition, though; there were always more of them. But at least they're easy to kill.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #22
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
these pieces of shit carry leprosy

keep your pets away
They are also notorious for carrying rabies.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #23
Veteran

Badass!
SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.SD15 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #24
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
curious what you used for bait in the trap?
Nothing. took a couple of treated 4x4 posts and built a sort of funnel next to the well house and it just walked in.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #25
MVP

He would make a nice cake.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #26
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post

“What do you want for dinner?”

“How about that place that serves grubs with the ride home service?”

“Oh yeah sounds good. Love that place!”
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #27
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD15 View Post

Badass!
Tarkus

It's been several years now but the last time I went up to Stockton Lake to Quail hunt on the Corp ground. I swear there was a damned Armadillo under ever bush. Dogs kept pointing the nasty things. It was ridiculous. There should be a bounty put on those ugly critters.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #28
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
“What do you want for dinner?”

“How about that place that serves grubs with the ride home service?”

“Oh yeah sounds good. Love that place!”

I take them about 10 miles from here. The little shits don't even tip me
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #29
Keep Camp Home!

Those cute little turtle rats
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #30
Politically Incorrect

These ****ers look like the original illegal immigrants
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.