Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 11:55 AM  
Cynical Misanthrope

Chiefs Mirroring the Patriots Dynasty?

I admit to making the title clickbait. Sue me.

What I find interesting is the number of writers arguing that the AFC West is, top to bottom, the worst or second worst division in football despite the Chiefs' presence. Hard to really disagree considering we have Denver, Vegas, and LA Chargers in the division.

For years, people derided New England in part because the rest of the division was so bad. That gave NE a pretty solid 5-6 wins each year and winning the division guarantees a playoff spot. I figure as long as Mark Davis is the owners, the Raiders are going to Raider but Nix's debut was promising and Harbaugh and Herbert could make the Chargers relevant but those teams won't turn it around this year. So for now, the best team in football in (one of the) the weakest division just helps perpetuate the dynasty.

A smattering of division rankings:

AFC West the weakest: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...ad-2024-season

AFC West 2nd Weakest: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/r...ivisions-2024/ They argue NFC South is weakest but then state there are 2 teams that should compete for a playoff spot. AFC West really only has 1 team with a legitimate pre-season chance of going to playoffs, so I don't know if I agree with this

Another AFC West 2nd Weakest: https://www.givemesport.com/ranking-...st-to-weakest/ Again, NFC South is chosen as weakest

AFC West worst division: https://brobible.com/slideshows/arti...24-nfl-season/

Just enjoy that these are the best days to be a KC fan. We have the best QB/Coach/GM/owner team in the league. year after year we put an excellent team on the field. And we do so at a time when the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers all suck. This won't last forever but we can certainly enjoy it now.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #16
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

We are the Beatles. The patriots are Milli Vanilli.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #17
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I used to rag on the pats for the patsy division, but I've changed my tune. We've literally watched the 3 other afc west teams blow it all up trying to catch us. 2 seasons ago we were hearing how Devante Adams, Jc Jackson and Russel Wilson were going to bring us back down to earth. Those dumb ****s crippled themselves trying to be relevant again. I haven't ever looked at the afc east during the pats run but it could very well be the same. Teams take to big of swings and miss all the time.
It was never even a thing anyway.

The Patriots win percentage outside of their division was basically just as good.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #18
MVP

I hope this means we don't have to wait a decade for another Super Bowl.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #19
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
It was never even a thing anyway.

The Patriots win percentage outside of their division was basically just as good.
Indeed, it's not like they were sneaking into the playoffs every year with 9 wins to win a shitty division. They were a good team all the way around.

GOOD AT CHEATING amirite?!?!???
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #20
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Indeed, it's not like they were sneaking into the playoffs every year with 9 wins to win a shitty division. They were a good team all the way around.

GOOD AT CHEATING amirite?!?!???

Yeah, Deflategate was mostly bullshit but Spygate appeared to be some real shit.

I’m glad we don’t have any scandals tied to our dynasty. Makes what we’ve done more impressive.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Did the Cheatriots benefit from playing in that weak ass division? Of course.

Do we benefit from playing in our own weak ass division? Of course.

When it's gone on for TWO ****ING DECADES, give me a call.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #22
Veteran

Patriots formula:

1. Win easy division and get HFA throughout playoffs
2. Beat Houston, Denver, Miami, Tennessee or some other crap team in the divisional round
3. Beat Pittsburgh or Indianapolis in AFC Championship (or get lucky vs KC)
4. Squeak by opponent in the Super Bowl
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #23
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Die
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #24
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Patriots formula:

1. Win easy division and get HFA throughout playoffs
2. Beat Houston, Denver, Miami, Tennessee or some other crap team in the divisional round
3. Beat Pittsburgh or Indianapolis in AFC Championship (or get lucky vs KC)
4. Squeak by opponent in the Super Bowl
I'll offer a bit more clarification.

Patriots formula:

1. Win easy division and get HFA throughout playoffs by filming other teams and feeding signals into brady's helmet.
2. Beat Houston, Denver, Miami, Tennessee or some other crap team in the divisional round by bugging other teams' locker rooms and stealing their playsheets.
3. Beat Pittsburgh or Indianapolis in AFC Championship (or get lucky vs KC) by getting ridiculously biased officiating calls at critical times.
4. Squeak by opponent in the Super Bowl via all of the above.

I will never ever give any credit to the 20xx patriots or the 19xx broncos because both have been clearly proven to have cheated for their wins.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #25
In Search of a Life

Say what you want about the division but mahomes has had some of the toughest roads to the super bowl imaginable and he's doing it against an afc that is stockpiling the best teams and qbs, and played in the super bowl against the 1-2 nfc teams who were elite against a mostly bad group of teams.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #26
In Search of a Life

Although one thing that I've said before is I'd love for the chiefs to eventually get into the groove where they can shamelessly stockpile draft picks the way the Pats did. One thing I really did like about the Patriots approach was that they weren't afraid to let good players go and they were really smart about having big offseason then follow it up with an offseason where they did nothing which piled up the comp picks.

I think with kelce and Reid where they are we are very focused on winning now and that's very cool too
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #27
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Dumb ****ing thread
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.